New Concerns About Quality

drfun48

Now that the threads about fresh oj, napkin waving,and therapy animals have been pretty much exhausted and put to bed,I think it time to address another important issue.

Has anyone else noticed the decline of the quality of candy dispensed at the ice cream station?

On my January cruise on the Equinox ,not only were an unacceptable number(20-30%) of my M&M peanuts served to me with chipped outer coatings ,but the Sour Patch Kids were dispensed with deformed torsos as if they had been mutilated in some manner.

This must be addressed or all too soon the the chocolate sprinkles will be a thing of the past.

We watchful passengers must not let this indifference to our legitimate concerns continue.

Now that the threads about fresh oj, napkin waving,and therapy animals have been pretty much exhausted and put to bed,I think it time to address another important issue.

Has anyone else noticed the decline of the quality of candy dispensed at the ice cream station?

On my January cruise on the Equinox ,not only were an unacceptable number(20-30%) of my M&M peanuts served to me with chipped outer coatings ,but the Sour Patch Kids were dispensed with deformed torsos as if they had been mutilated in some manner.

This must be addressed or all too soon the the chocolate sprinkles will be a thing of the past.

We watchful passengers must not let this indifference to our legitimate concerns continue.

What really showed me the decline was that instead of m&ms was gven w&ws. How tacky.

Agreed! And I suspect a number were counterfeit as the lacked their customary printed logos.

And if left sitting n the ice cream the colour ran:eek:.

And all the jelly beans were different colours.

Though I must say the Ice Cream bar, with it's fresh made IC, may well have elevated Celebrity to my fav line, so much better than that soft serve rubbish.

Believe it or not Celebrity did run out of parmesan two or thre days before the end of our Canaries cruise last October.

Not a big issue but quite embarrassing for waiters trying to explain why the Caeser Salad was missing a key ingredient.

Good news was there was no shoratge of anchovies:)

Who cares about the Candy... Celebrity must do something to prevent my ice cream from melting when I leave it on my lounge chair by the pool and take off for 4 hrs....

On a more serious note the one genuine complaint I had about the Ice Cream was that it did tend to be a bit soft and melt a bit quicker than I'd like.

Believe it or not Celebrity did run out of parmesan two or thre days before the end of our Canaries cruise last October.

Not a big issue but quite embarrassing for waiters trying to explain why the Caeser Salad was missing a key ingredient.

Good news was there was no shoratge of anchovies:)

It must be hard to make sure that you don't run out of things while at the same time not carrying excess stock, when restock is a logistic nightmare, but to run out of Black Jelly Beans is just inexcusable.

All I know is that there were 20% less sprinkles on my ice cream on my last Celebrity sailing vs. the previous one. Just another instance of the cuts we have to put up with.:( I don't eat M & Ms or W & Ws, so can't comment on that).

All I know is that there were 20% less sprinkles on my ice cream on my last Celebrity sailing vs. the previous one. Just another instance of the cuts we have to put up with.:( I don't eat M & Ms or W & Ws, so can't comment on that).

Did you count the sprinkles or is 20% just a guesstimate?

Did you count the sprinkles or is 20% just a guesstimate?

Oh yes, I counted them. I referred to my diary, & on my Summit cruise, I received 320 sprinkles, & on Silhouette, I received only 256. I must admit that I did get 257 on the 4th day of the cruise though.

drfun48, I want to sail with you, you are a breath of fresh air.

Oh yes, I counted them. I referred to my diary, & on my Summit cruise, I received 320 sprinkles, & on Silhouette, I received only 256. I must admit that I did get 257 on the 4th day of the cruise though.

Isn't t nice rather than calling people names because they don't dress, tip, dine the same as you.

I did check with customer relations about the same issue and they assured me that while we were in fact receiving fewer sprinkles, that they were longer in length and the nice young lady assured me that lenght does matter.

When I asked her if width was also important, she just smiled and said of course.

Addressing another issue,it's no wonder the ice cream appears to melt so quickly. How are you expected to finish it before it melts when they give you those silly little plastic spoons intended for Lilliputians .I demand a man-side spoon---wake up and listen ,Celebrity.

I did check with customer relations about the same issue and they assured me that while we were in fact receiving fewer sprinkles, that they were longer in length and the nice young lady assured me that lenght does matter.

When I asked her if width was also important, she just smiled and said of course.

Addressing another issue,it's no wonder the ice cream appears to melt so quickly. How are you expected to finish it before it melts when they give you those silly little plastic spoons intended for Lilliputians .I demand a man-side spoon---wake up and listen ,Celebrity.

Always got a real spoon, and yes the girls say length and width is very important when I asked