Cancellation of shore excursions

first time cruising

We are departing on 32 night cruise from San Pedro to Venice on 6th March 2015. On our previous Princess cruise I'm sure we were able to cancel a pre booked excursion right up until the previous day of the excursion. On looking at booking excursions for this cruise I read the cancellation policy to say you must cancel 30 prior to the cruise.

Could any regular Princess cruise customers please give me your version of cancellation policy.

Thanks for help, Cruise Critic has helped me so much in the past.

Almost all excursions can be cancelled onboard by a deadline which will be given to you on the ship. Most of the time it will be about 36 hours before the ship reaches a port. If the first port is the first full day of the cruise, then the deadline is about 7 PM on embarkation day.

Some excursions, usually very expensive ones that may require flying somewhere and staying one or two night on land, cannot be cancelled on board or even several weeks before the cruise.

You can also cancel excursions online up until about 5 days before the cruise when they must stop chances and send the booking information to the ship.

On looking at booking excursions for this cruise I read the cancellation policy to say you must cancel 30 prior to the cruise.

Could any regular Princess cruise customers please give me your version of cancellation policy.

Thanks for help, Cruise Critic has helped me so much in the past.

Assume you mean 30 days prior. Is this for one specific tour or every tour offered? I would read the fine print again. The only time I have seen something like this was for 'special' tours like overland tours or flight tours. If it actually states that you have to cancel 30 days prior to the cruise or you will be charged, I would call Princess to get a further explanation.