Speciality Restaurants Reservations

crusinwen

Hi Folks,

Do you think there is any advantage to booking for speciality restaurants on line at RCCL or do most of you wait until you are on board?

I know you get a discount for the first night at sea but we are not going to go the first night...I was just wondering if there are normally plenty of times open or is it too risky to wait? Thanks so much!!!

Wendy Snider

Groveland, FL

Edited by crusinwen

I think it depends on the ship, the size of your party and how important a certain dining time is to you. If you need a specific time to dine and find it online I'd book it and be done. If not go straight to the restaurant you want to book for night one once you board and make reservations then. Just remember that, due to the 1st night coupon some C & A members receive it might be busy. (That having been said, we have never not been able to get into Chops on day 1 booking once on board. We've cruised over 30 times with Royal.)

Enjoy your cruise.

We wait until we are on board in order to see what discounts the ship might offer.

Same here. Sometimes we actually book the same day depending on the MDR menu.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Big_G

We would always book online prior to sailing for the simple reason that most of the good time frames are always available that we prefer.We book for later in the cruise at first and If there's a deal price that you find along the way you can still take advantage it.But i rarely see a discount anymore.All reservations can be adjusted when you get onboard anyway.Things change and people cancel as the cruise goes.It can be a bit crazy sometimes trying to book everything on the first day onboard ship.So we just book ahead of time.

What is the discount for first night bookings? I never knew this or never paid attention to it. I am C&A member, but I guess I never really study the coupon book.

We are leaving on Saturday on the VOS and were going to do a restaurant since it was Valentine's day. So I would love to know what the discount is.

What is the discount for first night bookings? I never knew this or never paid attention to it. I am C&A member, but I guess I never really study the coupon book.

We are leaving on Saturday on the VOS and were going to do a restaurant since it was Valentine's day. So I would love to know what the discount is.

The only specialty restaurant coupon in the C&A book is for Diamond Plus and above, for BOGO on the first night.

Some ships have other discounts for all guests (regardless of C&A level), but these vary by ship and you would have to inquire once you are onboard.

Royal Caribbean has been offering promotional onboard credit if you book at least three specialty restaurant dinners in advance. Three dinners gets you 20% back as onboard credit, four gets 25%, and five or more gets 30%.

In addition, I saw that they offered 20% back as onboard credit simply for booking a specialty restaurant on the first night.

Edited by Daghis