Desperate customer need cruise critic friends' help !

yitao

I would resend yor email and also post on the Royal Caribbean Facebook page. I did that about a problem I had and had amost immediate response. I was factual and respectful and things were resolved to my satisfaction.

Good luck to you and keep trying.

thanks for your help cruising sister, I will do the same. Btw, do you post your whole email with all details on their face book or just the summary of your

Email.

Thanks again for your help.

Rachel

thanks for your help cruising sister, I will do the same. Btw, do you post your whole email with all details on their face book or just the summary of your

Email.

Thanks again for your help.

Rachel

I just posted what my situation was and what I felt was a fair outcome and I was called within 30 minutes of the post. I was respectful but firm in my beliefs and it worked out fine.

I have resent the email yesterday ( the first one was sent to them last Friday) and posted on RCI's facebook this morning. I notice that they have put comments on the posts before and after me but mines is still empty.

How long should I wait , I worried that as the sailing date close ( Mar 15, 2015), if they did not provide the solution I will have to cancel the cruise . Now their offer is no penalty if I cancel, if I waited too long, they may change it.

Our Cruise is next month. Can't wait several weeks for their reply. We come to this cruise with other 8 families, except my family, they are all first time RCI cruiser, I actually suggested them to try RCI, and now I am the one may not be able to go with them :(

It would be sad if you had to cancel with friends and family aboard. Any chance you'd be willing to share a cabin any of them? Any chance you'd be willing to downgrade to a lesser cabin in order to sail with your party?

I have resent the email yesterday ( the first one was sent to them last Friday) and posted on RCI's facebook this morning. I notice that they have put comments on the posts before and after me but mines is still empty.

How long should I wait , I worried that as the sailing date close ( Mar 15, 2015), if they did not provide the solution I will have to cancel the cruise . Now their offer is no penalty if I cancel, if I waited too long, they may change it.

If the price is now unacceptable and you have no alternative solution, I would not wait too much long to accept their no penalty cancellation. You are well into penalty phase; that would be painful if they withdrew the offer.

Edited by Starry Eyes

Keep trying but you may need accept something so you can at least go. I accepted a lesser deal and it got changed once I got through to the proper people. Did you send your emails to both Michael Bayley and Adam Goldstein? I hope you get contacted from someone soon. Once you decide to accept something and are satisfied let the tension go. Start dreaming about the fun you will have and enjoy your family and friends.

wow, really feel sorry for you OP. This is not right.

I would be the "squeaky wheel" if this were my cruise. I would be emailing every hour and calling every chance I got.

Sometime they just get tired of you and try to take care of it.

Will it help if we can find the post on the royal fb site and all comment???

Will look for it.

update:a nice gentleman called me and helped solved the problem, I am able to keep my booking and get the overcharged amount back, and I am very happy that it's all sorted out and we are be able to join our group for the cruise.

Thanks again for everyone's suggestions and advice. It's great to know I have CruiseCritic friends looking out for me!

Rachel

update:a nice gentleman called me and helped solved the problem, I am able to keep my booking and get the overcharged amount back, and I am very happy that it's all sorted out and we are be able to join our group for the cruise.

Thanks again for everyone's suggestions and advice. It's great to know I have CruiseCritic friends looking out for me!

Rachel

Glad to hear that everything worked out. Hope you have a great trip.:)

Glad to hear that everything worked out. Hope you have a great trip.:)

Your welcome. Curious...did you receive a reply back through MBayleys office or was it from your Facebook post.

The gentleman is not from Mbayleys office, he is from one of the cooperate 's office , but he did mention the email that I sent, and I also mentioned my email on their facebook, so not very sure which part it from.

• 1 year later...

We had a problem where our dinner reservations and scheduled entertainment got cancelled. We were very upset and no one could help. We followed the instructions here, and in less than 24 hours everything was resolved and we were given some freebies for compensation. Thank you cruise critic members.

The gentleman is not from Mbayleys office, he is from one of the cooperate 's office , but he did mention the email that I sent, and I also mentioned my email on their facebook, so not very sure which part it from.

Did you post the outcome on FB