Pre-Post cruise questions

pjlee3333

I'm taking a Royal Caribbean southbound Alaska cruise. I'll be flying into Anchorage. Any suggestions for a hotel near the rail road to Seward? Will taxi's be easy to get for a 6 am train to Seward?

Coming home from Vancouver to the States, what is the earliest time I should have an airline reservation from Vancouver? One flight I've seen changes in San Francisco with 45 minutes between flights. Given the 1st flight is international (but I think I'll go through customs in Vancouver, correct?) is this enough time to comfortably change planes?

I'm taking a Royal Caribbean southbound Alaska cruise. I'll be flying into Anchorage. Any suggestions for a hotel near the rail road to Seward? Will taxi's be easy to get for a 6 am train to Seward?

Coming home from Vancouver to the States, what is the earliest time I should have an airline reservation from Vancouver? One flight I've seen changes in San Francisco with 45 minutes between flights. Given the 1st flight is international (but I think I'll go through customs in Vancouver, correct?) is this enough time to comfortably change planes?

We always stay at the Sheraton in Anchorage. It is a quick cab ride to teh train. We have never had a problem getting a cab for the train to Seward. You need to be at the station 45 minutes prior to departure whihc means you leave the hotel around 5:45.

Coming back you clear US customs in Vancouver, so your flight into SFO is considered a domestic fight. Is 45 minutes enough to make any connection in SFO, I don't know we have only flown through once and built in an 8 hour layover to visit family.

Doing a quick Expedia search, I think the 1pm flight is best for you to get to Maryland.

Otherwise, stay a few extra days to see what's it like to be a Canadian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txO8VK4LaLQ

Edited by xlxo

Thank you for the help. I've gotten the hotel booked and gotten a flight out at about 1:30 so no problem there with a change in Chicago of a little more than an hour. Now just the normal hope that the first flight doesn't have delays. Second flight both ways get me to my destinations so I'm not as worried about delays on that flight.