Beverages and Beverage Packages FAQ

ailetoile

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3665/19513524031_b0f18e7632_b.jpg

Look at upper right. Classic is covered for daily pour.

Thank you for posting your daily from the summer of 2015. I just looked at my dailies from my last cruise (November 2014) and there were not two separate offerings (one for Classic, one for Premium) as it is now stated on your daily. It's quite possible that Celebrity decided to change their policy due to the many complaints that I can imagine they may have received.

So I just wanted to add my 2 Cents on this thread on something that I could not find elsewhere. Clearly it has been established that upgrading from one package to another is easy and you pay the difference between the two packages plus gratuities. Also - you can upgrade after the cruise begins and pay the daily difference for the balance of nights remaining (probably a minimum number). My question posed to Celebrity was utilizing Cabin Credits for this upgrade.

Happily - Anything incurred while on board can be covered by Cabin Credits - Including beverage package upgrades. This may have been common sense for many, but I figured there would be a catch. We have the good fortune od having excessive Cabin Credits and a Classic alcohol package. We will upgrade AFTER we check in and utilize the cabin credits to save ourselves approximately $330!

Happy Cruising everyone!!:)

One person can upgrade while the other does not.

However, the person in the cabin that upgrades can not get upgraded drinks and give to the person who did not upgrade.

If 2 people in your cabin have the classic package, Why can't 1 upgrade and use this program for the more expensive drinks ?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry for the delay, guys. I switched computers and forgot to transfer the document to the new setup. This definitely became a case of "out of sight, out of mind."

I've made the following updates to the document....

• Added the Standard beverage package pricing and contents to the list and checked to update the rest of the document with references to it where necessary (please let me know if you find something I missed).

• Added a link to QE2_Fan's beverage calculator.

• Updated "Where is my beverage package valid" to explicitly state that you can use it in specialty restaurants.

• Clarified that "small glasses" from the Martini Bar are the same as standard-sized martinis from elsewhere on the ship.

• Added a very specific statement to "Where can I find the most updated prices for beverages" to say that there is no such thing as a detailed price list for beverages on Celebrity.

• Added a question to the A La Carte Drinking section:

Do I need to specify the brand of alcohol that I want while I’m ordering a la carte?
    Generally, if you have a brand of alcohol in mind you should specify that when ordering. Although most of the bartenders will ask you your preference if there are multiple options (for example, Absolute vs Gray Goose), you cannot count on this happening all of the time. Depending on the brand, this may make a difference in the price that you pay for your beverage.

• Added a question to the Using Beverage Packages section:

Do I need to specify the brand of alcohol that I want while I’m ordering through a beverage package?
    Generally, if you have a brand of alcohol in mind you should specify that when ordering. Keep in mind, however, that not all brands of alcohol are covered by all beverage packages. If you do not specify the brand of alcohol while ordering, you can assume that the bartender will choose one that is covered by your beverage package but that the brand may not be the most expensive option that could be covered by your package.

• Added a question to the Using Beverage Packages section:

Does my beverage package cover the drink of the day?
    It is only covered by the Premium package. The drink of the day is not covered by the Standard or Classic beverage packages even if the drink falls below the package’s stated limit unless it is otherwise stated in Celebrity Today.

Bev Package FAQ.pdf

Edited by ailetoile
Formatting

I read some of the information on this thread. We got the classic package for onboard booking. I don't really drink alcohol, so hoping I can just non alcoholic versions of the cocktails (Nojito, Virgin Pina colada, etc). Has anyone done this successfully?

Stefani

I thought this might be a good place to give this friendly reminder.

You CANNOT get 2 drinks on one card, even if your roommate does in fact also have the drinks package.

Thank you.

(I saw a woman berate a very kind barista at Cafe Al Bacio when they said that they couldn't give them 2 cups of whatever they were asking for. I was embarrassed to witness the behavior of this woman.):o

I read some of the information on this thread. We got the classic package for onboard booking. I don't really drink alcohol, so hoping I can just non alcoholic versions of the cocktails (Nojito, Virgin Pina colada, etc). Has anyone done this successfully?

Stefani

Yes that will be fine. Have fun :)

I thought this might be a good place to give this friendly reminder.

You CANNOT get 2 drinks on one card, even if your roommate does in fact also have the drinks package.

Thank you.

(I saw a woman berate a very kind barista at Cafe Al Bacio when they said that they couldn't give them 2 cups of whatever they were asking for. I was embarrassed to witness the behavior of this woman.):o

Does anyone feel like speaking-up when they whitness this sort of behaviour. I have done so in the past (not on a cruise ship). I try to bite my tongue, but I hate to see a staff member bullied by members of the public, who are usually enjoying giving a hard time to someone who can't give it back to them.

Stefani

You should be able to get mocktail versions of anything that your package covers the alcoholic version of.

How long do you have to wait after you order a drink before you can get another? Sometimes I like to get a glass of wine but also get a Coke at the same time of a bottle of sparkling water.

It really depends on the person that's running your card. I've been able to do it immediately for say a bottle of water and a glass of wine (the only double drinks I want involve water...) but I've heard others say you have to wait a few minutes.

How long do you have to wait after you order a drink before you can get another? Sometimes I like to get a glass of wine but also get a Coke at the same time of a bottle of sparkling water.

Initially I think it's around 5 minutes, but as the crew get to know you they will often let you order those type of combinations together. I found they were still strict in wanting one card for each alcoholic drinks ordered together.

Edited by QE2_Fan

Ailtoile... One correction to your PDF. The sparkling wine that you get when boarding (concierge/aqua/suites(?)) often can be exchanged for a credit of $28 (seems to vary occasionally) towards another bottle of wine...it does not have to be similar, it's just a credit. Ask your somelier the first night..and if they say OK, bring the sparkling wine with you the next time you want to order wine so they can do the exchange against that higher priced bottle.

Ailtoile... One correction to your PDF. The sparkling wine that you get when boarding (concierge/aqua/suites(?)) often can be exchanged for a credit of $28 (seems to vary occasionally) towards another bottle of wine...it does not have to be similar, it's just a credit. Ask your somelier the first night..and if they say OK, bring the sparkling wine with you the next time you want to order wine so they can do the exchange against that higher priced bottle.

Good point :) I'm actually attaching an updated PDF to reflect that and to get a little more specific in the bit about Aqua class since I see a post on the boards about that...

Bev Package FAQ.pdf

Edited by ailetoile

We are on Reflection in May and will have the Premium alcohol package. Will it include freshly squeezed OJ if we request it for breakfast via room service? Thanks for any advice.
its included in the classic package, but I don't think the stuff that comes with room service breakfast is freshly squeezed.

We are on Reflection in May and will have the Premium alcohol package. Will it include freshly squeezed OJ if we request it for breakfast via room service? Thanks for any advice.

The beverage packages do not cover ANY kind of room service - it doesn't matter if it's juice or alcohol.

You'll have to go to the buffet or the dining room to get your fresh squeezed juice (or any other kind of covered drink).

Edited by chamima