Great Pricing For San Pedro Sailings

Woobstr112G

Thanks for the info. Be sure to check out the recent thread on the Grand by DMRick, if you haven't already. I tried, but couldn't copy the link :(.

I read the review. Sounds pretty bad. But not enough to ruin DMRick's cruise by the sounds of it.

Buckets everywhere catching drips? Providing these claims are not exaggerated, Princess really should be fixing such issues before their potential customers read such things on online forums and book elsewhere instead.

Or is $60/night fair for a balcony on a supposedly tired old ship with mildew everywhere?

I read the review. Sounds pretty bad. But not enough to ruin DMRick's cruise by the sounds of it.

Buckets everywhere catching drips? Providing these claims are not exaggerated, Princess really should be fixing such issues before their potential customers read such things on online forums and book elsewhere instead.

Or is $60/night fair for a balcony on a supposedly tired old ship with mildew everywhere?

I just got off the Grand two weeks ago (Mexico) and even though there were "issues" we had a great cruise with great service. But, I observed many "buckets" in hallways and stories of broken pipes and non working toilets. I was on Plaza deck and down our hall they had a fan running for several days, saw carpeting being hauled out of a cabin and also saw two buckets in the hall. If I had a choice of ships for a particular itinerary I'd pick another ship!

Debr

I just priced up a 3-day from Los Angeles to Vancouver, with 2-nights in 4* hotel downtown and one-way flights back to LAX.

The grand total for 2 in a balcony cabin is $750, including flights and hotel. That's pretty good for a 5 night vacation. We are based less than 45 mins from the port, so that also helps.

That is a great price!

I just found this yesterday. Cruise via Expedia or Princess direct. Hotel via Hotwire. And the flight I think I found on Kayak.

My cruise TA has let me down recently by not returning calls or emails, so I didn't contact them regarding this. Before I book, I will see if there in any benefit to booking as a package, likely via a different agent in the same agency.

I'd love to visit Vancouver. However, I have lukewarm feelings toward the Sapphire Princess since sailing on her last year, and the cruise in question is aboard the Grand Princess, which is her very close sibling.

Interesting. The Sapphire is my favorite Princess ship. What didn't you like? Her sister ship is the Diamond. All Grand class ships have some similarities. However, not to discount your experience at all, I like the Sapphire and Diamond better than the earlier grand class ships.

I just priced up a 3-day from Los Angeles to Vancouver, with 2-nights in 4* hotel downtown and one-way flights back to LAX.

The grand total for 2 in a balcony cabin is $750, including flights and hotel. That's pretty good for a 5 night vacation. We are based less than 45 mins from the port, so that also helps.

Great price indeed.....:):):)

Bob

Interesting. The Sapphire is my favorite Princess ship. What didn't you like? Her sister ship is the Diamond. All Grand class ships have some similarities. However, not to discount your experience at all, I like the Sapphire and Diamond better than the earlier grand class ships.

The only Princess ship I've sailed on is the Sapphire, so I have none of their other ships to compare against. We had a disappointing dining room experience and I found the general layout of the ship a little awkward. The buffet did not measure up to any of the other ships we have sailed on. The cruise director, Billy London, I found slimy and his patter extremely old hat.

That said, the Sapphire Princess is still a beautiful ship and we had a great cruise (as always). When ranked against all the other cruises we have taken, this one would be at the bottom. But that's just a matter of personal preference I think.

One thing we really liked, that we have not experienced on other lines, was the afternoon tea. Being a Brit, I am a sucker for a nice cup of tea!

The only Princess ship I've sailed on is the Sapphire, so I have none of their other ships to compare against. We had a disappointing dining room experience and I found the general layout of the ship a little awkward. The buffet did not measure up to any of the other ships we have sailed on. The cruise director, Billy London, I found slimy and his patter extremely old hat.

I see your other cruises have been on other cruiselines. A "disappointing dining room experience" has nothing to do with a ship, but rather the staff you had. The Sapphire is very similar to most Princess Grand Class ships. If you found the layout to be awkward, you'll likely have the same experience on most Princess ships, including the Royal and Regal.

I wish they would have kept the Sapphire on the west coast. I was on the Grand in December. I'd pick the Sapphire in a heartbeat over choosing the Grand.

I agree with you 100%! Sapphire was my favorite Princess ship till I sailed on the Crown last year. I was not happy with the Grand, as I found the ship has some serious leak problems, as mentioned by others. My cabin was all the way aft, on Aloha Deck 12. I could not be in my cabin, and had to be switched to another, as the mold was so bad. In fact, the whole aft of deck 12, port & starboard wreaked of mold & mildew for about the last 8 cabins. I also missed Skywalkers!

The same smell was in the Main Theater, all the way forward, near the stage, on the right. I witnessed many buckets and ceiling stains in the aft section of the buffet as well. That ship definitely has plumbing and pipe problems.

On the other hand, I found the Crown to be my favorite Princess ship to date, and that includes the Royal & Regal. Looking forward to trying her sisters, Ruby & Emerald.

Sailing out under the Golden Gate is worth the price of the cruise. I was born and raised in Calif and have lived an hour away from S.F. since 1964. I had never sailed under the bridge until our trip to Alaska. Absolutely spectacular!!!

I sailed under the Golden Gate on the USS Upshur in 1966. I did not know what lie ahead as I was joining the 25th Div on their way to Viet Nam. But Tony Bennets song kept running thorugh my mind.