Great Pricing For San Pedro Sailings

Woobstr112G

DH and I just booked one of those California Coastal cruises on the Crown! Great rates even with roundtrip airfare from Florida. $669pp for a balcony. Roundtrip nonstop air from FLL-LAX $366pp.

We were planning to vacation in the US this year instead of a Caribbean cruise like we usually do, and San Francisco was on our list of possible places. When we saw these good prices for a California itinerary, we jumped on it. Another cruise, it is!

DH and I just booked one of those California Coastal cruises on the Crown! Great rates even with roundtrip airfare from Florida. $669pp for a balcony. Roundtrip nonstop air from FLL-LAX $366pp.

We were planning to vacation in the US this year instead of a Caribbean cruise like we usually do, and San Francisco was on our list of possible places. When we saw these good prices for a California itinerary, we jumped on it. Another cruise, it is!

You'll enjoy it! San Francisco is a beautiful city, just remember that it can be foggy and cool there even in the summer. They sell TONS of sweatshirts to tourists there who pack thinking the weather is like LA. It isn't.

Thanks for the tip Ryndam! Yes, I've heard it gets pretty chilly there--DH and I will bring plenty of warm clothes and dress in layers. Really looking forward to the trip! The only areas I've previously been to in California are Los Angeles, Santa Monica and Venice Beach over 10 years ago.

Can you tell me what airline had the non stop at that price? Looking for a good price to Fort Lauderdale from LAX in December.

Thanks

Can you tell me what airline had the non stop at that price? Looking for a good price to Fort Lauderdale from LAX in December.

Thanks

Try looking at Long Beach as well. It is a jetblue hub and they have great nonstop prices. Small airport and not as conjested as LAX.

Glad to hear it!

What excursions did you do?

In San Francisco we rode cable cars and walked our feet off, in San Diego we toured the Midway which is a fabulous retired aircraft carrier that you can just walk over to, in Santa Barbara we rented a car and drove to Solvang and surrounding area, in Ensenada we did a ships excursion to two wineries that was lots of fun, and in Catalina we just walked around in our own and explored.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

In San Francisco we rode cable cars and walked our feet off, in San Diego we toured the Midway which is a fabulous retired aircraft carrier that you can just walk over to, in Santa Barbara we rented a car and drove to Solvang and surrounding area, in Ensenada we did a ships excursion to two wineries that was lots of fun, and in Catalina we just walked around in our own and explored.

Thanks!!

DH will especially like the Midway. Great info!

I just priced up a 3-day from Los Angeles to Vancouver, with 2-nights in 4* hotel downtown and one-way flights back to LAX.

The grand total for 2 in a balcony cabin is $750, including flights and hotel. That's pretty good for a 5 night vacation. We are based less than 45 mins from the port, so that also helps.

I would consider a tour of Alcatraz. We enjoyed it immensely. You book it online directly with Alcatraz tours, but do not wait until the last minute. It usually sells out in advance.

If the weather is nice, beautiful views from Alcatraz of both bridges and the City. The history is fascinating. And it only takes about 2 hours to really see the island and the prison. We did a morning tour and still had lots and lots of time to do other things.

Also, a cable car ride to Union Square for lunch at the Rotunda at Neiman Marcus is a treat.

And, as others have said, "the coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." Apparently Mark Twain never said this, but it is no less a fact.

I just priced up a 3-day from Los Angeles to Vancouver, with 2-nights in 4* hotel downtown and one-way flights back to LAX.

The grand total for 2 in a balcony cabin is $750, including flights and hotel. That's pretty good for a 5 night vacation. We are based less than 45 mins from the port, so that also helps.

That is a GREAT rate! When I ballparked a similar cruise, I came up with about twice that price. Did you use Princess air, a TA or book directly with airlines and hotel?

Edited by Ryndam2002

That is a GREAT rate! When I ballparked a similar cruise, I came up with about twice that price. Did you use Princess air, a TA or book directly with airlines and hotel?

I just found this yesterday. Cruise via Expedia or Princess direct. Hotel via Hotwire. And the flight I think I found on Kayak.

My cruise TA has let me down recently by not returning calls or emails, so I didn't contact them regarding this. Before I book, I will see if there in any benefit to booking as a package, likely via a different agent in the same agency.

I'd love to visit Vancouver. However, I have lukewarm feelings toward the Sapphire Princess since sailing on her last year, and the cruise in question is aboard the Grand Princess, which is her very close sibling.