pre-paid gratuities

bobbyster

Yes you can. Go down to the front desk and explain to them why. Be prepared to explain this to other management people also. The prepaid gratuities is supposed to make it easier to recognize superior service. Poor service shouldn't be rewarded. I personally haven't ran across it myself in the 14 years I've been cruising.

okay lets say i dont prepay, if i am satisfied with service, do i pay the gratuity with my credit card on the last day of the cruise? in cash? And who do i pay it to?

It is added daily to your sea-pass account. If you are dissatisfied for some reason you can go to guest relations and discuss and alter the amount.

Edited by bajathree

You do realize that the workers get a big chunk of there pay from tips I can't imagine anyone not paying the gratuities at the end of a cruise. They workers bend over backwards for you and you will be happy with them. They add the gratuities to to sail card everyday and at end of cruise it will show up on your credit card.

Grandeur of the Seas 2014

Explorer of the Seas 2012

Carnival Pride 2013

It is added daily to your sea-pass account. If you are dissatisfied for some reason you can go to guest relations and discuss and alter the amount.

okay, but how do i pay my sea-pass account? is my sea-pass account automatically connected to my credit card?

okay, but how do i pay my sea-pass account? is my sea-pass account automatically connected to my credit card?

During your online check in if you have added a credit card, then yes. You can also go to the guest services and provide cash for a cash account.

It's your choice, you can use a credit card, debit card, or cash to pay for your SeaPass account.

Edited by clarea

During your online check in if you have added a credit card, then yes. You can also go to the guest services and provide cash for a cash account.

if thats the case, then there is basically no difference between prepaid gratuitiy and paying on the ship right lol, besides the fact that you cant change prepaid.

Also, does that mean i won't be tipping anyone individually? Only paying my tips to the gust services? (Unless i order room service, or alcohol i know that)

if thats the case, then there is basically no difference between prepaid gratuitiy and paying on the ship right lol, besides the fact that you cant change prepaid.

Also, does that mean i won't be tipping anyone individually? Only paying my tips to the gust services? (Unless i order room service, or alcohol i know that)

Correct, the automatic gratuities are the same amount as prepaid, and they have a procedure in place whereby you can adjust the automatic gratuties if you wish. The automatic gratuities cover your stateroom attendant and dining staff.

if it is prepaid, once you board, no.

You sure can. Any adjustment you make will be credited to your SeaPass account. If you have a credit due at the end of the cruise, it will be credited to your credit card on file. Same thing for prebooked excursions. If you cancel an excursion outside of 24 hours of departure, that money will be credited also. Been there, done that.

You sure can. Any adjustment you make will be credited to your SeaPass account. If you have a credit due at the end of the cruise, it will be credited to your credit card on file. Same thing for prebooked excursions. If you cancel an excursion outside of 24 hours of departure, that money will be credited also. Been there, done that.

You have gone to Guest Services and had the gratuities that you pre-paid before your cruise REMOVED, and they credited back this amount to your SeaPass account?!?!?!??!?