Free champagne from cabin steward

Bob7

After many cruises on different lines this was something new .... with a couple days left in our 1 week Celeb cruise we found a bottle of champagne on ice and a fruit platter in our cabin with no note on it. We asked the front desk and they said it was from our cabin stewardess. When we asked her about it she said it was just a little surprise from her, and hoped that was ok (yes it was). The cabin category was nothing special, a 2D verandah with a lifeboat obscuring most of the ocean (maybe she felt sorry for us :-)

This reminds me to ask about our experience. We had a 1A verandah. We are Elite. From the 2nd day of our 11 night cruise, we had fresh flowers...a red rose plus several others of the same type. I could never figure out why unless Celebrity is now supplying them for all staterooms, or perhaps it was because of the cruise being close to Valentines day. ;) I did thank the room steward.

Nice score.

We recently had some free champagne (sparkling wine) from our butler, we had given him several bottles to be chilled and put on ice for an afternoon balcony party and when he put them out there were extra bottles. Very nice indeed.:D

This reminds me to ask about our experience. We had a 1A verandah. We are Elite. From the 2nd day of our 11 night cruise, we had fresh flowers...a red rose plus several others of the same type. I could never figure out why unless Celebrity is now supplying them for all staterooms, or perhaps it was because of the cruise being close to Valentines day. ;) I did thank the room steward.

My guess would be Captain's Club Host.

Mike

Nice, maybe you were just specially lucky.:D

After many cruises on different lines this was something new .... with a couple days left in our 1 week Celeb cruise we found a bottle of champagne on ice and a fruit platter in our cabin with no note on it. We asked the front desk and they said it was from our cabin stewardess. When we asked her about it she said it was just a little surprise from her, and hoped that was ok (yes it was). The cabin category was nothing special, a 2D verandah with a lifeboat obscuring most of the ocean (maybe she felt sorry for us :-)

Funny how things are considered. Since DW and I hate champagne, I would have thanked them and either thrown it away or given it away. A nice gesture though and would have been appreciated regardless.

After many cruises on different lines this was something new .... with a couple days left in our 1 week Celeb cruise we found a bottle of champagne on ice and a fruit platter in our cabin with no note on it. We asked the front desk and they said it was from our cabin stewardess. When we asked her about it she said it was just a little surprise from her, and hoped that was ok (yes it was). The cabin category was nothing special, a 2D verandah with a lifeboat obscuring most of the ocean (maybe she felt sorry for us :-)[/quote

After many cruises on Celebrity, our last cruise on the Equinox, a TA, our cabin steward and his assistant, gave us a bottle of champagne from them. It was such a thoughtful thing to do and at the time, we thought it was just because they were both so lovely.

My guess would be Captain's Club Host.

Mike

We have had our cabin stewards give us sparkling wine a couple times, we found out that they had a couple who didn't drink on the cruises. The Captain's Club Host has been known to do a bunch of things. Spa treatments, flowers, fruit, wine, but no new car... So far.

If the CC Hostess is the same as the Social Hostess, we had no encounters with him/her on our cruise. Never even established who they were or what they looked like.

I am thinking it must have been our head room steward. I asked him for a stool for my balcony chair because my hip had started bothering me after a lengthy jaunt through the airport on wedge heels. :rolleyes: He said that was not allowed to let me have a stool. About an hour later, he appeared at our door with a small side table that was the perfect height! He said he found it in his storage room. :) We gave him a $20. The table was scuffed up and rusty around the edges. I just placed a towel on the top. The next morning, after breakfast, we returned to find that the steward had put contractor grade tape around the edges of the table, and also left an extra pillow for the top. :D That evening, the flowers appeared.

My travel agent sometimes sends us a bottle of wine and as my travel buddy and I do not drink wine (we did a b2b) so we had two bottles, we gave one to our cabin steward who was very appreciative and we left one in the room with a note "Hope you have a great cruise like we had, enjoy" for the next passengers in that cabin. We cleared that with the cabin steward so it wouldn't get tossed. She put it on ice in the bucket for them. What they did with it was their call. We had such a great time we thought it was a nice idea.

Funny how things are considered. Since DW and I hate champagne, I would have thanked them and either thrown it away or given it away. A nice gesture though and would have been appreciated regardless.

You can exchange it in the dinning room for a bottle of equal $ value. Just speak to the wine steward before hand (plus we give him/her a tip for there trouble.

We've had a 2nd bottle of sparkling wine from the cabin attendant and assistant on 2 cruises. Very nice gesture from them.

Maybe it was left over from a previous CC passenger who did not drink it. I imagine a lot of the champagne in CC/AQ cabins do not get drunk because folks now have the classic or premium beverage package.

Wonder what happened to the bottle we left behind??
The passengers on the next cruise got it and thought it was a lovely gesture on the part of the cabin steward. :D

This reminds me to ask about our experience. We had a 1A verandah. We are Elite. From the 2nd day of our 11 night cruise, we had fresh flowers...a red rose plus several others of the same type. I could never figure out why unless Celebrity is now supplying them for all staterooms, or perhaps it was because of the cruise being close to Valentines day. I did thank the room steward.
When flowers appear on the second day of the cruise (which is often the first formal night), they are typically from the Captain's Club host/ess. It makes no difference whether or not they have actually met you personally. They have a list of everyone who is Elite and above with their cabin numbers.

Edited by fleckle

Maybe it was left over from a previous CC passenger who did not drink it. I imagine a lot of the champagne in CC/AQ cabins do not get drunk because folks now have the classic or premium beverage package.

I would think they would be used in instances like this, and they give them to people as a bonus bottle.:D