Transfer from Orlando to Port Canaveral

CanadaRob

Flying in from Alberta with an extra couple of day to shop and do I fly I with my college age kids before setting out on a Sunday to the FOS. Hoping for some feedback about cost effective ground transportation options for a family of 4 or 5. The other option might be a hotel in the port area and figure out transportation back to orlando for the day or 2. Lots of time to figure it out but my wife is kind of a planner so I thought I'd take this off her plate.

Thanks in advance!

I'd do a one-way minivan rental from Orlando airport to the port area. There are several rental car agencies in the port area that will shuttle you to the cruise terminal for no extra charge. There may be more, but I know that Avis, Budget, and Hertz have offices in the Cocoa Beach area.

We just reserved seats with Cortrans for our trip back from Port Canaveral to MCO. Very good prices - $20 per person.

We did not reserve with them on our way to Cape Canaveral as the latest pick up time at MCO was noon and our plane does not arrive until 2:22 (knock wood), arriving two days before cruise. We are looking at Cocoa Beach Shuttle from MCO to Residence Inn Cape Canaveral. $33 per person. Still pretty good.

Edited by dreday3

Hope you enjoy your cruise!

Last summer we used Ace Luxry to transport us from MCO to Cocoa Beach, and used Cocoa Beach Shuttle to go from our hotel to the cruise ship. When we disembarked the ship, Ace Luxry took us back to MCO.

I believe Cocoa Beach Shuttle charged us $5.00 per person to the ship (well worth it), and Ace was less than renting a car and fooling with it. When we drove by the car rental places, I was glad I didn't screw with renting and returning - the lines were long.

We will cruise again in the future, and I'll do the exact same thing again. It was painless and worked extremely well.

I'd do a one-way minivan rental from Orlando airport to the port area. There are several rental car agencies in the port area that will shuttle you to the cruise terminal for no extra charge. There may be more, but I know that Avis, Budget, and Hertz have offices in the Cocoa Beach area.

If I remember correctly, Thrifty is the fourth one.

Hope you enjoy your cruise!

Last summer we used Ace Luxry to transport us from MCO to Cocoa Beach, and used Cocoa Beach Shuttle to go from our hotel to the cruise ship. When we disembarked the ship, Ace Luxry took us back to MCO.

I believe Cocoa Beach Shuttle charged us $5.00 per person to the ship (well worth it), and Ace was less than renting a car and fooling with it. When we drove by the car rental places, I was glad I didn't screw with renting and returning - the lines were long.

We will cruise again in the future, and I'll do the exact same thing again. It was painless and worked extremely well.

Thanks for the detailed info