due to become Diamond members during our cruise - is this recognised right away?

korky1

We are going on a 17 night cruise on Rhapsody in April. We currently have 79 points so will be eligible for Diamond status after the first day. Will we be able to start enjoying the Diamond class benefits then or will this not be recognised until next time we cruise with RC? Anyone have any idea?

Thanks

Points are not awarded until after the cruise is complete. You will be diamond your next cruise.

Q: What are Cruise Points and why do they matter?

A: Cruise Points are the "Points" that determine your status in the Crown & Anchor Society. Different cruise situations earn different Cruise Point amounts. For instance, if you are a Crown & Anchor Society member and you complete a 12-night cruise or longer, you could be eligible for 12 Cruise Points. Each non-discounted cruise typically earns 1 Cruise Point per Night you complete on the ship, although other terms and conditions apply. Points are not recorded or applied until after you complete your sailing. For example, if you are graduating from Gold to Platinum tier level on your current sailing, you will not receive Platinum level benefits until your next sailing.

Cruise Points are important if you are a member of the Crown & Anchor Society because the more Cruise Points you have, the more benefits you're entitled to. For a complete list of the membership levels and benefits of the Crown & Anchor Society, check out our Member Benefits page in the Crown & Anchor section the RoyalCaribbean.com website.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

We are going on a 17 night cruise on Rhapsody in April. We currently have 79 points so will be eligible for Diamond status after the first day. Will we be able to start enjoying the Diamond class benefits then or will this not be recognised until next time we cruise with RC? Anyone have any idea?

Thanks

I would love to tell you that your benefits will start on this cruise, but Ken is correct, your benefits will begin after the end of this cruise.

Or, you can sneak in a 2 day cruise before, and then you would be Diamond when you get aboard, and be able to enjoy all Diamond benefits, from day 1.:)

Rick

Thank you all for your replies, even though the answers were not what I wanted to hear LOL! We will just have to do another RC cruise in September or October when the ships all come back to Australia for the Summer season.

Just did what Rick suggested! I was also only ONE point away from Diamond. Just went on a 3-day cruise on Majesty last weekend and today my status changed on RCCL website! ;)

Now I'm ready and looking forward to enjoying my new Diamond benefits on the Allure Transatlantic cruise to Spain in April!!! ;)

And by the way, any hints from other Diamond members on what I can now get on board and what I should not miss on Allure as Diamond???

We got our Diamond Plus pins on Navigator last month on the cruise that gave us the credits for that status. We were on B2B2B cruises and when booking our next cruise while on the second cruise, next cruise is a top end Oz cruise that we go on later this month, I mentioned to the C&A Loyalty Ambassador, who was also the Future Cruises Manager, that the third cruise would give us the credits for D+ status. She told us to see her on the next cruise and she would give us our D+ pins.

Another bonus was that she gave us D+ status on that third cruise, thus got those benefits on the cruise that qualified us for that status.

YMMV ;)

Edited by robtulipe

Try this ... speak with both the Crown & Anchor rep and the Diamond concierge, and emphasize that you're only one point away. Who knows ... these guys/gals have been known to work magic. You may get all, some or none of the perks ... but it's worth a shot. Enjoy your cruise regardless.

Al

• 2 weeks later...

Last year I had 76 points and was so looking forward to Diamond level (for the free drinks of course!). I took a 7 day cruise on Navigator in May. After the cruise I kept checking and the 7 points were never applied. So I called C & A and they did some checking and said no, the 76 points that was showing was AFTER my May cruise. I tried calling and arguing this point with twice but never got anywhere. So I recommend that you print out evidence of your current points prior to booking a cruise if you are close to becoming Diamond. Was I mad, sure. Is it keeping me from sailing with RCI, no. Taking a 7 day on Freedom in June and hoping after this cruise I am awarded Diamond!

Making an assumption here; I assume everyone sees the same screen I do at my Gold level.

When I log in, I can click on something that shows me all the cruises I have been on and how many points I got for each cruise. If you look at that SJS, and add up that points, when do you get 76? Could there be a cruise missing from the list that you went on, and are counting the points for, that RCCL is not? That may be the source of the discrepancy. Especially if you are looking at cruises from the early 90s. We had a missing one that they had to search for, but eventually did find. Otherwise, maybe you misread the totals, as it's just basic addition. Not saying you don't know how to add, of course. Trying to be helpful - no sarcasm intended in any of my words.

Last year I had 76 points and was so looking forward to Diamond level (for the free drinks of course!). I took a 7 day cruise on Navigator in May. After the cruise I kept checking and the 7 points were never applied. So I called C & A and they did some checking and said no, the 76 points that was showing was AFTER my May cruise. I tried calling and arguing this point with twice but never got anywhere. So I recommend that you print out evidence of your current points prior to booking a cruise if you are close to becoming Diamond. Was I mad, sure. Is it keeping me from sailing with RCI, no. Taking a 7 day on Freedom in June and hoping after this cruise I am awarded Diamond!

Check your cruise history carefully.

Is there a cruise missing? If so, find documentation that you were on that sailing.

If you were in a JS or higher, did you get your extra points? If not, try to find your invoice or silver card or something to show you deserve more points.

They started giving extra points for solo cruises more recently. If you sailed solo since then, did you get those extra points?

If you were a member several years ago when they converted from "credits" to "points", was your conversion done correctly?

If you got all the points you earn and are still short of D, you are being treated fairly. Perhaps those phantom points were just clerical error that was later caught and corrected. Having a print out of an old point total wouldn't help if that were the case.

In any event, enjoy your cruise on FOS.

Just did what Rick suggested! I was also only ONE point away from Diamond. Just went on a 3-day cruise on Majesty last weekend and today my status changed on RCCL website! ;)

Now I'm ready and looking forward to enjoying my new Diamond benefits on the Allure Transatlantic cruise to Spain in April!!! ;)

And by the way, any hints from other Diamond members on what I can now get on board and what I should not miss on Allure as Diamond???

HI!

We just got off the Allure. A nice suprise perk was a chance to have a Q&A with the cast of Chicago, along with a backstage tour. A plate of cookies appeared in our room on day 4! The espresso machine in the lounge is for you to use 24/7. For me, this was the best perk! Cocktails are offered from 5-8:30 every night along with 3 drinks loaded on your seapass card to use during those hours ( in case you don't want to go to the lounge) As of now, internet packages are unlimited. With the Diamond discount, the price was $ 75 for the fastest wifi for the whole week. I Facetimed the family back home and it was super fast and clear. Hope this helps! :)

Ali

some people have had success in having their status changed on board like in your case. It all depends on the loyalty ambassador on board. You can certainly ask, the worst thing that could happen is they say no.

How do you find the loyalty ambassador (do they have a desk)?

Yes, I had "credits" that were converted to points. And it may have been an error on their part when I had the 76 points prior to my May 2014 cruise. They did provide a list of cruises I had been on and how they totaled the points. But it sure was disappointing not to get Diamond when I thought I would.:( But it's not the end of the world and hopefully after the June Freedom cruise I will have it and then I'll really be looking forward to the next cruise!!!

Thanks

We turned diamond a few years ago during a 14 nighter on Adventure of the Seas. We visited the loyalty ambassador and he had a box of "diamond" stickers in his drawer he stuck them on our cards. He checked his computer and did the upgrade to loyalty. He also gave us both diamond and emerald pins as we jumped over emerald. We went to the diamond event for the duration of the cruise. Good Luck!