Specialty Restaurants: Reimbursed for discounts???

Bird82

Sailing on Oasis of the seas in April. I have reservations for the very first night for 150 Central Park. I have read there are sometimes discounts such as 20% off when you dine there the first night. I have already paid the $80 for two people, but would I be reimbursed if I find a 20% discount when i'm on board? Should I cancel the reservation and book when i'm on the ship?

We did an advance booking for Wine Tasting Dinner at Chops for the first night with what was supposed to be a 20% given in OBC when we boarded. We had to chase down our discount at customer service in a two step process. On FOS, 3 specialty restaurant reservations we booked the first day gave us the 20% off each (no matter what day you booked it for). We had to ask for it at each restaurant when billed. And yes, they did count the prepaid dinner as one of the 3!

We did a pre-paid meal the first night in Chops on our recent cruise. The 20% in OBC showed up a few days later on our account. No need to chase it down. I would keep your reservation as is and keep track of your account once onboard to ensure your discount gets applied appropriately.

Note, it was applied after our meal, not at boarding as the previous post suggested.

We prepaid one and bought the other two onboard, and we had to chase down the discount. The Guest relations refused, but the Diamond Concierge gave us a partial discount.

We'd prepaid Chops before the price went from $30 to $35 and they told us we already had our 20% discount. But 20% of $35 is $7, not $5.

Has anyone taken advantage of the "Book 3 or more specialty restaurants" deal, where one of the three is Izumi? I did that for my upcoming cruise, and I hope that the Izumi booking counts toward the promotion, even though there was no up-front cover charge.

Not that my vacation will hinge on whether or not I get 20% off the specialty restaurants, but it would be nice to get that little discount. :)

Has anyone taken advantage of the "Book 3 or more specialty restaurants" deal, where one of the three is Izumi? I did that for my upcoming cruise, and I hope that the Izumi booking counts toward the promotion, even though there was no up-front cover charge.

Not that my vacation will hinge on whether or not I get 20% off the specialty restaurants, but it would be nice to get that little discount. :)

On Grandeur, they had a package deal that included Izumis. They charged us for two of the restaurants up front, and the third, Izumis, the day we ate there. The only reminder we got was from Izumi's, the one they hadn't billed us for.

On Grandeur, they had a package deal that included Izumis. They charged us for two of the restaurants up front, and the third, Izumis, the day we ate there. The only reminder we got was from Izumi's, the one they hadn't billed us for.

Thanks. The current promotion is for pre-booking any combination of 3 or more specialty dining reservations. They are supposed to give the discount in the form of OBC on the first day of the cruise, but there's a disclaimer that it can be removed or reduced, if you cancel any of your reservations.

I looked up the details again, and it does say that it includes ALL specialties that can be booked in advance, whether it's cover-charge or ala carte. So, sounds like Izumi counts, but I suppose they can't actually add the 20% as OBC until after you've actually dined there.

We prepaid one and bought the other two onboard, and we had to chase down the discount. The Guest relations refused, but the Diamond Concierge gave us a partial discount.

We'd prepaid Chops before the price went from $30 to $35 and they told us we already had our 20% discount. But 20% of $35 is $7, not $5.

We had a similar problem on our recent Quantum cruise with both guest relationship and the D concierge. I booked 2 on-line and 1 on board. The problem is that the 3 restaurants must be booked either on-line or on-board. I explained that I would not have booked the third if that I knew that. On the 10th day of our cruise there was segment titled "ask the Captain" in 2X70 lounge. Also, attending was the engineer and the hotel manager. After the segment was over, the staff stayed around for any other questions.

I approached the hotel manger and told him that while RCL's motto is "WOW" mine is "Why". I asked him why can't I get the 20% in OBC since I dined & paid for 3 restaurants. He showed confusion and took our room # and said that it will get someone to research. He certainly did with gusto. The results: Manager of the specialty restaurants chased us down while we were dining at "Silk on the last night and told us that the OBC's would appear on our account. We were thankful & appreciative for this wonderful service.

FYI: Received and e-mail from RCL, stating that if you reserve 3 restaurants on-board it will reduce the cost by 20%, while if the 3 restaurants were booked on-line you will be entitled to OBC's.

Similar thing happened to me on the Liberty of the Seas, I had prepaid for Portofino the first night of the sailing but once aboard saw the 20% discount promo. When I spoke with the Maitre'd at Portofino they said no discount would be applied since we had prepaid so we ended up moving the reservation to the last night of the sailing and eating at Chops the first night (at the 20% discount). Upon seeing our new reservation the Maitre'd at Chops asked us why we changed and we told him, at that point the Maitre'd at Chops informed us it would have appeared on our room charge as an credit if we had kept the reservation. Either way had the opportunity to dine in both on the ship. Chops I would eat in again in a minute, Portofino I wouldn't as I felt the menu was merely a combination of the best MDR selections of the week (of course with some slight improvements).