Bathrobes on balconies?

Markanddonna

If they are not in there just ask..

I would never think of asking for robes if they were not in the wardrobe. I would consider it pretty cheeky to ask for such a trivial oversight. I am sure that the stewards have better things to do rather than attend to such a mundane request

I would never think of asking for robes if they were not in the wardrobe. I would consider it pretty cheeky to ask for such a trivial oversight. I am sure that the stewards have better things to do rather than attend to such a mundane request

Why would it be a bad thing to request something that you are entitled to? A robe is a perk of that level of cabin some you don't have to pack your own.

Attending to mundane requests is part of a steward's job. Probably most people would not bother the steward if they noticed no robes were in the closet upon boarding, but if they had not appeared in a reasonable time frame, I would not feel at all "cheeky" for asking. Some things occasionallly get overlooked.

I posted here for two reasons:

- I saw two videos on balcony rooms and didn't see robes in the closet. They were in the mini-suites, though. So, despite NCL saying they were I wanted to confirm.

- I was showing off for friends who are newbie cruisers about how fast Cruise Critic folks answer questions. I told them "I bet we get a reply before you leave." and I had a reply within just a few minutes. Thanks for your reliability. Cruise critic members are great!

BTW- NCL says robes are in balconies so I would have no hesitation asking the steward for them. It would be like soap, pillows, ice buckets, etc. I'm a low demand person, so a minor request like this isn't a big deal.

if you want "Egads", imagine my surprise in Cagney's for VIP breakfast when the lady..ahem, woman staying in the Garden Villa strolled in for breakfast in her robe and nothing else.....as DH put it when she sat down, "yikes, I can see Christmas!" :eek:

you can ask your steward for it, is not a mundane request, i did it my past 2 cruises, both balconies cabins, and the robes were not there. that is part of your steward's job, attend your "within the limits" requests, and because their hard and good job we usually tip them extra at the end of the trip.

I only wear them inside the room or balcony, or if going to the spa, never to the pool or any restaurant.

It's part of their job to make sure the robes are there so if you are going to use them by all means ask for them.

I think it's perfectly acceptable to wear your bathrobe on the balcony :p

facebook-like-icon.jpg.c1d9cdc3984015a32426f66e3aac8d57.jpg

if you want "Egads", imagine my surprise in Cagney's for VIP breakfast when the lady..ahem, woman staying in the Garden Villa strolled in for breakfast in her robe and nothing else.....as DH put it when she sat down, "yikes, I can see Christmas!" :eek:

I need to stop drinking wine as I read CC........2 nights in a row I've lost some over my keyboard!!! :eek:

I posted here for two reasons:

- I saw two videos on balcony rooms and didn't see robes in the closet. They were in the mini-suites, though. So, despite NCL saying they were I wanted to confirm.

- I was showing off for friends who are newbie cruisers about how fast Cruise Critic folks answer questions. I told them "I bet we get a reply before you leave." and I had a reply within just a few minutes. Thanks for your reliability. Cruise critic members are great!

BTW- NCL says robes are in balconies so I would have no hesitation asking the steward for them. It would be like soap, pillows, ice buckets, etc. I'm a low demand person, so a minor request like this isn't a big deal.

A lot of people been stating that there were no robes in the room. Sounds like some on decided to only provide them when asked for. So by all means ask because if they keep getting asked they may get tired of it and start putting them in the rooms again.

actually, that is part of their job, you pay good money for a cruise and even for for balcony, the least they can do is give you what they state they offer with the purchase price. its not CHEEKY at all..

now how you ask is a different story, there's never an excuse to be condescending or rude, but you are absolutely entitled to everything they advertise for that cabin.

ellen