Jewel or Adventure for Southern Caribbean

I'm arranging a southern Caribbean cruise for my mother (80) and her cousin (65) next March. They will be traveling alone. The Adventure and the Jewel are doing somewhat similar itineraries at the same time. My mother was on the Liberty with us and loved the Royal Promenade and the ice show on the Liberty, and my cousin has been on the Oasis or Allure with her family. I don't think that they would be put off by the bigger ship. My mother will be with us on the Brilliance in April. Does anyone who knows these two ships (Adventure and Jewel) have any thoughts about which would be better? I guess that if we booked the Adventure but my mother loves the size of the Radiance Class ships when we sail the Brilliance we can change, but I'd like to choose one and stick with it if we could. Thank you!

The Adventure is a little bigger and has more to offer. You said your mother loved the Royal Promenade and the ice show. The Adventure offers both of those, the Jewel has neither. For that reason, I would choose the Adventure. If, while you are on Brilliance, your mother absolutely falls in love with the Radiance class ships, you could make the change to Jewel.

Both are wonderful ships! If they liked the Promenade, I would go with Adventure. While Jewel is a beautiful ship, I tend to miss the Promenade.

Given the ages and no kids, Jewel might be better it traveling with less kids is a thought. (didn't see when the OP was sailing) I'd do either in a heart beat, but waiting to see what is still here in 2016.

Pros of the Radiance class (Jewel):

Enclosed Solarium - I find it to be warmer (air and pool) and less crowded.

Outdoor seating in Windjammer - its really nice sitting on the aft watching the wake of the ship.

Glass elevators that look out over the ocean - it's nice but no way a deal breaker.

Pros of Voyager class (Adventure):

Royal Promenade

Ice Shows

Johnny Rockets?

Radiance class is known for lots of windows and connection to the water. Voyager and Freedom added the Promenade and turned the attention inwards. I can kind of see why people say this, but with each revitalization of Radiance class ships, they add more rooms around the Centrums and the views from public spaces get fewer and fewer.

Neither will be a bad cruise - pick the one with the better ports. If they come down to a tie, stick with the Ice Show. :)

I'm arranging a southern Caribbean cruise for my mother (80) and her cousin (65) next March. They will be traveling alone. The Adventure and the Jewel are doing somewhat similar itineraries at the same time. My mother was on the Liberty with us and loved the Royal Promenade and the ice show on the Liberty, and my cousin has been on the Oasis or Allure with her family. I don't think that they would be put off by the bigger ship. My mother will be with us on the Brilliance in April. Does anyone who knows these two ships (Adventure and Jewel) have any thoughts about which would be better? I guess that if we booked the Adventure but my mother loves the size of the Radiance Class ships when we sail the Brilliance we can change, but I'd like to choose one and stick with it if we could. Thank you!

I am in my 60's and, although, the Radiance class ships are beautiful, I, too, prefer ships with a Promenade to be able to sit and watch all of the action!;) Come join us in March! We are doing a B2B on March 5 and 12th!!:cool:

I am in my 60's and, although, the Radiance class ships are beautiful, I, too, prefer ships with a Promenade to be able to sit and watch all of the action!;) Come join us in March! We are doing a B2B on March 5 and 12th!!:cool:

I booked them on the March 5, 2016 Adventure OTS cruise. If my mother falls in love with the Radiance class this April, I can move them. But I think that they'll like having the Royal Promenade.

I prefer Adventure, because of the open Solarium. I like to be able to sun in there...and you can't on a Radiance class ship..they keep the roof closed!

Just got back off Jewel last week and they have now started to open the roof in the Solarium. Apparently the motor which moves the sliding portion had a defect but it has now been repaired. :D However if there is a possibility of rain it's kept closed as it is on a sea day.

Downside is that when the roof is open and the sun is out it does get quite warm as there is no breeze to cool you down :rolleyes:

Keep in touch.

Regards.

Paul