OASIS of the SEAS CHEF's TABLE??

barbieci

Hello all, I am looking for some help. We are cruising this April on Oasis and I was hoping to reserve the chef's table for my husband and I because I heard how wonderful it is. I called the cruise line because it does not show up on the cruise planner options (actually a few restaurants are no available to book online). I spoke with a rep that told me that he does not see Chef's table as a dining option and he said that it is not on the Oasis, just the Allure. Anyone know the answer to this... Is it on the Oasis? I have read that it is and people have eaten there. Did it close? Can I only book onboard? Just trying to figure out if the information I received is accurate. The rep seemed to not be too knowledgeable and was going by what it said on his computer. Thanks for the help!

Yes it is available on Oasis.. FROM RCCL..

Duration: 2 hours Prices starting from: 125.00 USD

How to Reserve

To reserve the Chef's Table Dining Package in advance and save more than 20% off the normal cost of dining at these outstanding restaurants just:

• Purchase the Chef's Table Dining Package online through our Pre-Cruise Planner (RoyalCaribbean.com/PreCruisePlanner).

• As part of your dining package purchase, you will make a reservation for the Chef's Table on day 1 or day 2. Once onboard, you will be able to reserve Chops Grille and 150 Central Park. These reservations must be made onboard and can be made at any of the specialty restaurants included in this package. If you reserve and pay for additional reservations on-line, they are not part of the dining package and are in addition to the package, with the additional costs. You may also purchase the Chef's Table Dining Package onboard by visiting Chops Grille or 150 Central Park before 5 pm on boarding day.

About the Restaurants

Chef's Table: A once-in-a-lifetime culinary experience – join up to 14 guests in an exclusive enclave to savor a five-course, gourmet menu specially prepared and presented by the Chef de Cuisine. Every course pairs with wine chosen to enhance your enjoyment of the dish.

150 Central Park: Serves up an intimate five-course experience of leading-edge cuisine in a modern setting.

Chops Grille: Royal Caribbean’s popular signature steakhouse, featuring grade-A premium cuts of steak cooked to your specifications, plus fresh seafood, hearty side dishes and signature desserts in an upscale, contemporary setting.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45671558&posted=1#post45671558

I wish it was that easy!! I have called three times and was told there is no "chef's table" and there is no dining "packages". If feel like I am getting the run around! No one knows anything on the phone from RCI. Is Drew Divine the cruise director? I can try to contact him.'

I went on Oasis last year and attended chefs table dinner. It is a highlight of our cruise. definitely would recommend. Don't stress about it, I could not book in advance as well and was pretty upset about it. However, when we got on the ship, I made a reservation with no problem.

Thank you for your help! I contacted the dining by email and now feel a bit better! I am just nervous about there being so many people and I never sailed on such a large ship over a holiday break. I want to make sure everything is all set!

We have dined at the Chef's Table on Oasis and it was wonderful. However, I've recently read that they were planning to turn the Diamond Plus lounge with it's loft area that hosted the Chef's Table into a Specialty Restaurant.

I have no idea if this is still a go or on hold since they have postponed the launch of Dynamic Dining on Oasis. I'll try to do some research this weekend and post back.

Might be better to post this question directly on the Royal Caribbean board. It can be found here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

Sadly, it appears that the Chef's Table is gone on Oasis. The Concierge Lounge (on decks 11 & 12) that hosted the Chef's Table in the upper loft area of this room has been transformed and Wonderland is now in part of this area along with the Concierge Lounge.

The deck plans aren't showing this yet but Royal's blog says it's so; some reviews I've read from recent cruisers talk about the smaller Concierge Lounge because of the new restaurant. And the Chef's Table no longer appears as an option for booking.

I'd say that pretty much means it's gone.

Very sad....it was one of the best dining experiences we've had in our near 60 cruises.

If anyone else has any info, it would be great to hear from you!

Edited by Host Anne