Royal Suite Bar Set Up

Adoremus

We have a royal booked on the summit in a week. It says it includes a bottle of vodka and whiskey and mixers. We are not big whiskey vodka drinkers. Does anyone have ideas of what we could switch it out for like wine ? And how to do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoyed the bottle of Dewars scotch but had the butler trade the vodka for Martini Rossi Sweet Vermouth for my Rob Roys...Celebrity made out on the value of the respective bottles and I was a "happy cruiser",,,never a problem to a bottle switched. Your butler can easily do this.

I asked last summer for both bottles to be switched to grey goose and got 2 huge bottles on EQ. I asked Millie in Michaels club and she had Bart our butler swap them out with no problem.

So happy to hear this, and glad OP thought to bring it up. I've developed an allergy to Vodka (no idea why) so I was hoping they'd be amenable to a switch when we're in a RS on Millie in Sept 2015.

Thanks!

So happy to hear this, and glad OP thought to bring it up. I've developed an allergy to Vodka (no idea why) so I was hoping they'd be amenable to a switch when we're in a RS on Millie in Sept 2015.

Thanks!

A Vodka allergy, that's very interesting! Are you allergic to all types of Vodka?

Have you tried the French brand Ciroc which is made from grapes?

Just a thought. :)

Edited by C-Dragons

• 2 months later...

I have not but will certainly try. I've found that all the vodkas (so far) have broken me out in the chilled sweats with nausea, but the potato varieties are definitely worst--even Titos which is supposed to be one of the purest. I'll grab a little of the Chiroc next time!

We had ours switched to Grey Goose and Glenlivet. I asked for this when the suite concierge contacted us, and they arrived in the cabin the first or second day. However, with the premium package, we didn't even open them, so we brought them home.

• 2 weeks later...
A Vodka allergy, that's very interesting! Are you allergic to all types of Vodka?

Have you tried the French brand Ciroc which is made from grapes?

Just a thought. :)

I wanted to (further hijack this thread and) let you know that i mixed 3 cocktails with Chiroc this past Friday and had none of the symptoms that I've experienced with the Titos and Luskasova! Thank you for the recommendation! I will think of you when I'm enjoying a real bloody mary this weekend in Oak Island,NC.

• 1 month later...
We had ours switched to Grey Goose and Glenlivet. I asked for this when the suite concierge contacted us, and they arrived in the cabin the first or second day. However, with the premium package, we didn't even open them, so we brought them home.

So is what I read correct that the prem bev package and specialty dining is included in the royal suite benefits or do you have to book a special promotion to receive these benefits. Also did you use the in room dining and was the menu good?

thank you

So is what I read correct that the prem bev package and specialty dining is included in the royal suite benefits or do you have to book a special promotion to receive these benefits. Also did you use the in room dining and was the menu good?

thank you

Unlimited specialty dining, unlimited internet, and premium bev package are standard amenities for Royal Suite - you do not have to book any special package.

In room dining was (essentially) whatever we wanted for breakfast.

For dinner it was off the MDR menu. If you wanted something else I'm sure they will do their best to accommodate you.

We had no problem having the butler swap out the whiskey for a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream, which I very much enjoyed sipping on our balcony in the evening both times we sailed in a RS.

Enjoy your cruise!

When do you ask for the swap? (Before your cruise, or as soon as you get to your room?) I'd prefer not to wait hours before the swap. And could you also request which beer and soda are stocked in the fridge before your embarkation?

When do you ask for the swap? (Before your cruise, or as soon as you get to your room?) I'd prefer not to wait hours before the swap. And could you also request which beer and soda are stocked in the fridge before your embarkation?

In our case, the Michael's Club concierge e-mailed us a day or two before the cruise. It was a generic e-mail.

I responded with my specific request for the bar set-up, including the types of soft drinks and mixers.

Once on board, your butler will get you whatever you need, and refill the mixers/soft drinks.

I am not a beer drinker, but there were 2-3 types of beer in the fridge. They will stock it with your preference, however.

Edited by Nachosdelux

You will receive an email from your Michael's Club conceirge about a week before you sail.

He/she will arrange any bookings or special requests. If you add to this what spirits and mini-bar beers and sodas you want it will be forwarded to your butler. We were reluctant to do this on our last cruise as we did not want to impose but both the conceirge and butler said it actually made their job easier. We will do this on our next cruise.

As it was, we explained our choices of spirits, mixers, beers to the butler, went for lunch and when we came back it was all sorted. Beers, mixers and sodas miraculously replaced themselves every day...the only problem we had was that two of the beers we asked to be stocked were on the Classic not Premium package and our butler wanted to be very sure we knew we could get more expensive beers!

You will receive an email from your Michael's Club conceirge about a week before you sail.

He/she will arrange any bookings or special requests. If you add to this what spirits and mini-bar beers and sodas you want it will be forwarded to your butler. We were reluctant to do this on our last cruise as we did not want to impose but both the conceirge and butler said it actually made their job easier. We will do this on our next cruise.

As it was, we explained our choices of spirits, mixers, beers to the butler, went for lunch and when we came back it was all sorted. Beers, mixers and sodas miraculously replaced themselves every day...the only problem we had was that two of the beers we asked to be stocked were on the Classic not Premium package and our butler wanted to be very sure we knew we could get more expensive beers!

Making your liquor selection ahead of time makes sense. Why should he stock the room, then make changes? I guess you can also mention snack preferences at this time too. I just want to get into my room and spend the week there :) !!!

I will second this.

I was embarrassed pre-cruise about the length of the email I sent the Michael's Club Concierge as I thought that it made us sound very demanding. I could not have been more wrong. When we first met our butler he was overjoyed and insisted on showing me how everything was in place. He insisted that our detailed email had made his life so much easier and thanked me. The response was similar in Michael's Club.