3 night cruise from Miami/ft lauderdale

victosh_ka

Dear cruisers,

would you please recommend a cruise for my family (my husband, two children (3 yo and 6 mnths) and my parents). We would like a short getaway in March. Preferably leaving on Friday and coming back on Monday morning. I know about Majesty of the seas, but we have been on it before. We liked it and could go again, but it would be nice to experience something else. Are there any newer and nicer ships? Kids friendly (no daycare necessary since we have my parents, but with some kids activities)? With excellent food and restaurants so my hubby and I can have some romantic time?

Thank you all!

The newer and nicer ships don't do short cruises. Go to http://www.cruisetimetables.com amd choose your departure port from the top list, then your dates. It will tell you who is sailing and their itineraries. Be certain your infant is at least six months old to the date, or they will not let you board. EM

thanks for the resource. its a bummer... I wanted something nicer. So the only options from Miami are Majesty or Sky. Which one is better?

Disney Wonder has a couple of 4-night sailing out of Miami in March, going to Nassau, Key West and Castaway Cay.

Dear cruisers,

would you please recommend a cruise for my family (my husband, two children (3 yo and 6 mnths) and my parents). We would like a short getaway in March. Preferably leaving on Friday and coming back on Monday morning. I know about Majesty of the seas, but we have been on it before. We liked it and could go again, but it would be nice to experience something else. Are there any newer and nicer ships? Kids friendly (no daycare necessary since we have my parents, but with some kids activities)? With excellent food and restaurants so my hubby and I can have some romantic time?

Thank you all!

The only options for 3 night cruises in March are NCL, Carnival and Royal Caribbean, and all 3 are sailing the oldest (or close to it) ships in their fleet.

However, if you're willing to make it a Thurs - Mon 4 night cruise, the biggest and best option is Liberty of the Seas. It's worth it to add the extra day considering what this ship offers. It has some of the best entertainment at sea.

Dear cruisers,

Thank you all!

With only a couple exceptions, I've done almost every short cruise there is out of Florida. This includes Liberty of the Seas, Majesty of the Seas, Enchantment of the Seas, Norwegian Sky, Celebrity Constellation, Ruby Princess and Caribbean Princess. The only exceptions are Carnival and Disney. By far, my favorite has been Liberty of the Seas. Aside from the ship itself, the main show on LOS is Saturday Night Fever....a 90 production. LOS also has an ice rink (Studio B) and the ice skating show is excellent.

But if you are only limited to 3 night cruises, I recommend the Enchantment of the Seas out of Port Canaveral. Otherwise, out of Miami, I'd say it's a toss up between Majesty of the Seas and Norwegian Sky.