My 4600 calorie diet begins today

david_sobe

Today is the day for boarding the Getaway after waiting 16 months. The day is finally here. Its also been 2 years since my last cruise. While I tend to be an over planner this cruise is different. Not sure why but we have nothing booked.....no shows....no restaurants, etc. We are going to go with the flow and RELAX. Looking forward to meeting Adrian since everyone on the board says such great things about him. I will probably post a little bit from the ship like I did last time on Epic. I want to explore and review some of the areas that have not been covered that much before. I want to try the ribs at O'Sheehans and get a photo. Looking forward to finally trying the new Cagneys menu, Ocean Blue, etc. The harmonica guy at the Grammy experience sounds pretty cool too. If anyone has any specific questions, let me know and I will try to answer them. Back to some packing. The taxi will be here in a few hours.

Bon Voyage to all my fellow Getaway passengers.

And one last thing. I'm bringing a shoe to deal with that darn hard carpet ;)

DSCN0424-vi.jpg

Today is the day for boarding the Getaway after waiting 16 months. The day is finally here. Its also been 2 years since my last cruise. While I tend to be an over planner this cruise is different. Not sure why but we have nothing booked.....no shows....no restaurants, etc. We are going to go with the flow and RELAX. Looking forward to meeting Adrian since everyone on the board says such great things about him. I will probably post a little bit from the ship like I did last time on Epic. I want to explore and review some of the areas that have not been covered that much before. I want to try the ribs at O'Sheehans and get a photo. Looking forward to finally trying the new Cagneys menu, Ocean Blue, etc. The harmonica guy at the Grammy experience sounds pretty cool too. If anyone has any specific questions, let me know and I will try to answer them. Back to some packing. The taxi will be here in a few hours.

Bon Voyage to all my fellow Getaway passengers.

And one last thing. I'm bringing a shoe to deal with that darn hard carpet

DSCN0424-vi.jpg

Enjoy your cruise, nice shoes, and only 4600?;) :) Edited by *Luv2Cruz*

David - so glad you're finally getting to go!

We just booked Getaway for 11/29/15...and it will be 2 yrs since we last cruised also. Sometimes life just gets in the way. :rolleyes:

I'm subscribing to your thread and will be interested in everything you discover! :)

As we just booked Thurs., I know next to nothing about this ship - except Illusionarium sounds very interesting. We booked a Haven Spa Suite - so we'll have an 'all-access pass' to the ship -- just like we did on Epic.

Excited to read all about your trip - have a WONDERFUL time - You deserve it! :-)

Signing off now since the cab will shortly be here. You don't realize how much stuff you take until you pack :eek: Then wife started to wash bed linens this morning which is really putting us in a crunch for time. We may have to make a wet bed :eek:

Its nice to come home to a clean house but if you don't have the time....don't do it!!!!!

I'm ready for my 7 days of happily ever after :)

Oh mine, going to be 55 degree F WARMER in MIA than us poor land creatures in the northeast US, and we are expecting 1" to 3" snow again by the time you are enjoying your embarkation lunch ... :D Up here in NY, the piers used by NCL are surrounded by chunks of frozen ice, floating up & down the Hudson River & Coast Guard cutter chopping up the ship channel to keep smaller vessels from getting stranded - :eek:

Enjoy your cruise & post those pictures later on to make us jealous while some of us continued on our countdown.

Tell us about any new alternatives to the "lobsters" and if the prime rib special is worth the wait at O'Sheehans, and, whether the escargot in butter and creme burlee is just as good (from LeBistro) I know we didn't missed the shrimp cocktail but I want my smoked salmon at breakfast, by itself or as eggs benedict ... :D

Without those "Cooking Light Menu" daily specials - who's accurately counting the calories anyway. HAPPY CRUISING !!!

Might have replied to another post?? Still new at cruise critic....

David: Have fun! 98 days for us.....

It's been a long (long) time since we've sailed on NCL, so don't understand the shoe and dealing with the dang carpet description - please enlighten me :-)

Have fun! 98 days for us.....

It's been a long (long) time since we've sailed on NCL, so don't understand the shoe and dealing with the dang carpet description - please enlighten me :-)

A while back a lady complained the ship carpeting was so hard that she got shin splints:D

I know you will have a wonderful time and enjoy every minute of it. BTW: love the shoes, should do the trick, but with my UDP I think these hamburger Crocs might suit me a tad better: ;):cool::D

741b05ef-6406-40e2-bc41-d4ba58fa9aab_zps3yjyzqka.jpg

Edited by kcfoxy