Reflection's 100th Cruise: Feb. 21, 2015

C 2 C

If I remember right you also were on the Reflection at the beginning vovage in Europe. It was the first time I began following your reports from your "condo on the sea." I always look forward to your posts.

We were on the same Constellation cruise out of Istanbul Oct 31 2013. You were very helpful on our roll call. Sorry our paths did not cross.

Sounds like a fine party you will be having sometime tonight for the 100th celebration.

Departure will be delayed today..

we are still awaiting the arrival of 400 passengers trying to escape the Polar Vortex....

I was wondering this, I have been watching the flight from Halifax that we are booked on for March 7 and seen that it was very late leaving here.

It did just arrive in Miami so they should be heading to the ship soon

Edited by juanita1767

We will celebrate the 100th sailing just as we did the inaugurals....

By missing a port.

The captain announced around 1 pm that due to our late departure and altering our route to avoid rough seas, we will not be cruising to Puerto Rico.

The IT department must be in charge of planning charter flights to arrive from snow country the same day as a ship's departure, especially since this itinerary has caused late arrivals in San Juan 7 times out of nine tries.

A great concept, an all inclusive price from flight to buses to cruising, drinks and all needs a little tweaking by adding a pre cruise stay.

We will celebrate the 100th sailing just as we did the inaugurals....

By missing a port.

The captain announced around 1 pm that due to our late departure and altering our route to avoid rough seas, we will not be cruising to Puerto Rico.

The IT department must be in charge of planning charter flights to arrive from snow country the same day as a ship's departure, especially since this itinerary has caused late arrivals in San Juan 7 times out of nine tries.

A great concept, an all inclusive price from flight to buses to cruising, drinks and all needs a little tweaking by adding a pre cruise stay.

The fact that the ship could not get into Puerto Rico can not be blamed on the late flights from Canada 9 times since the charters just started on Feb. 8th And one would say that if the Captain has changed the route to compensate for rough seas has a lot to do with it thus time.

You are right it would be less stressful for the Canadian passenger if they offered the one or two day pre cruise stay in their package.

What should have been a stress free cruise turned into something else. When one goes Down a runway in total whiteout conditions and the pilot comes on and said the delay was due to their inability to deice the aircraft due to the wind and they did it the old fashioned was with a broom one gets a little apprehensive.

The best part was when we finally arrived at the cruise terminal it was empty. No passengers in sight. The Celebrity staff were at the entrance asking everyone their room numbers and handing out our cards. It was the fastest that I have ever boarded even when we were in suites. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Arno, Could you please find out if the Captain, Cruise Director and this Walker Black band will be onboard the March/April cruise?

Also, is there any new news on the Luminae opening?

Captain Bouzakis just took over two weeks ago as did the CD.

The CD is the weakest of all the CDs with whom we have ever sailed.

His role seems to be chief salesman for every department.

His morning announcement is a very loud recap of every thing printed in the daily and he says exactly that... For those who don't like to read....

His "jokes" are the same every cruise.

Please buy me a Peter Max since I just bought a house.. There is a flash mob.. It's a secret.. Shs it's a secret... Are you enjoying yourself... After the response ... How about the rest of you.. A question every time he is on stage...

He seriously needs a script writer... Sorry but he is just too full of himself.... Get some new material please...

I know that Celebrity monitors these boards and my weekly review does not seem to get through. I would not knowingly get on another ship with him in charge of daily activities. :eek:

His morning announcement is a very loud recap of every thing printed in the daily and he says exactly that... For those who don't like to read....

Please buy me a Peter Max since I just bought a house.. There is a flash mob.. It's a secret.. Shs it's a secret... Are you enjoying yourself... After the response ... How about the rest of you.. A question every time he is on stage...

He seriously needs a script writer... Sorry but he is just too full of himself.... Get some new material please...

I know that Celebrity monitors these boards and my weekly review does not seem to get through. I would not knowingly get on another ship with him in charge of daily activities. :eek:

Hi Arno:).....I have never sailed with him....that is Alexander?...in the

picture on the daily?....sounds like I am not missing anything.

I will be on Constellation March 7th,....my first time on her in over

10 years!.....

Tell Joanne hi from me too:D

:( Unfortunately, this sounds like many of the CD's we have had. I guess it is hard to come up with new material. When so many of us are cruising multiple times these days, we are bound to hear the same jokes over and over.

How about this band? Will they still be on?

Edited by Iamthesea

We just got off reflection yesterday and while I think CD are typically annoying I found Alexander to be better than the others I've had. Though my expectations for CD are quite low as I don't need them to show me how to enjoy my vacation.

:( Unfortunately, this sounds like many of the CD's we have had. I guess it is hard to come up with new material. When so many of us are cruising multiple times these days, we are bound to hear the same jokes over and over.

How about this band? Will they still be on?

they will be on the reflection JAN 24 - JULY 24, 2015. this according to there websight. if you go to the link posted above you can hear a sample of there music. i am very excited about this as this is what me and my wife enjoy... :)

I will be on Constellation March 7th,....my first time on her in over

10 years!.....D

Hi Lois:

Enjoy Connie.

We were in port together in St Maarten last week.

Connie was there on a charter.

There was a photo on fb showing Alejandro, Alex, and Allan King, three cruise directors in port.

We will be on Constellation for the transatlantic.

We just got off reflection yesterday and while I think CD are typically annoying I found Alexander to be better than the others I've had. Though my expectations for CD are quite low as I don't need them to show me how to enjoy my vacation.

We also found Alexander to be better than many we have had. He answered all questions we posed to him and that was commendable. Alexander even remembered our names and that is highly unusual for a CD.

If I spent consecutive weeks on the same ship, doing the same itinerary, and seeing the same shows, I imagine I would hear the same jokes and comments. It is to be expected.

The fact that the ship could not get into Puerto Rico can not be blamed on the late flights from Canada 9 times since the charters just started on Feb. 8th And one would say that if the Captain has changed the route to compensate for rough seas has a lot to do with it thus time.

You are right it would be less stressful for the Canadian passenger if they offered the one or two day pre cruise stay in their package.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is always challenging to make Puerto Rico at 3.30pm at the best of the time but the ship usually gets there within an hour to an hour and a half of that time - approx 5pm but when up add 2.5 hours on to that you are looking at arriving at 7.30pm, in the middle of the evening entertainment and evening dinning. They then have to get customs clearance. I am sure the rough seas and the headwind didn't help but starting the cruise so late made San Juan a waste of time.

The decision to hold the ship was the correct one but, when that happened, I am sure most realised that getting to San Juan with any decent port time was almost impossible.

I agree with Arno that more time needs to be buil into jouneys from areas of potential winter disruption, not just from Canada. We always leave the UKseveral days before a cruise as we are aware of the impact bad weather can have to travel plans but there is no way that Celebrity would hold up the ship for us.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

We had planned to eat most of our meals in specialty restaurants, the two dinners we've had in the MDR have been excellent, very good. But the service is really slow, the waiters seem either disinterested or even haughty, and it is the usual madhouse in the select dining area. Waiters running helter skelter, sommeliers running down the main aisle toting 8 bottles of wine. Not a pleasant experience but the food sure has been appealing and we've entered the select area at peak periods with no waits. On the other hand, the entertainment has been...lousy. Even my wife, who generally looks forward to the shows, walked out of last night's offering and the comedian the day before left lots to be desired. CDs are not a big thing with me, but this one amuses me because his clothes look like they last fit him in high school. :)

Edited by BosoxI