Where will our 3yr old sleep?

tblack5621

Most ships on most lines have lots of cabins for 3 I almost all categories. The third person usually sleeps on a couch made into a bed or in a bunk pulled down from the ceiling.

With a three year old, you might want to make sure that the third berth is at ground level. Have fun!

If you are looking at a Princess coastal, balcony cabins do not have a couch, so the third person would sleep in an upper bunk. If your 3y/o is not comfortable in an upper bunk, you can take the mattress off and put it on the floor. But it would pretty much block your access to the balcony after she goes to bed. Moving up to a mini-suite would get you a fold out couch....and a tub! Cabins below mini-suite have only a shower, and Princess showers are some of the smallest in the industry. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

looking at a 3 to 5 day pacific coast cruise out of Vancouver BC. Wondering how to fit wife and I plus our 3 yr old in a balcony cabin without going to a more expensive room,,,possible ?

you must book a cabin that holds three. pay special attention to that third berth.. is it a couch that pulls out,or a pullman bunk that folds out from the wall( 3 year olds should NOT be using those)

I'm going to look into that this morning Thanks !

Wondering now if 3 yr olds are charged a full fare?

Its looks like the 3rd person gets a reduced rate on the princess ships.

Browsing HAL next.

Most cruise lines charge about half for the 3rd or 4th person in a cabin regardless of age. On many of the Princess ships the upper berth comes down from the ceiling. Don't forget one adult can be in the upper berth. The lower can be separate or pushed together to make a queen bed.

looking at a 3 to 5 day pacific coast cruise out of Vancouver BC. Wondering how to fit wife and I plus our 3 yr old in a balcony cabin without going to a more expensive room,,,possible ?

you will be able to manage. as they do have a sofa bed or bunk that you can use.

I'm going to look into that this morning Thanks !

Wondering now if 3 yr olds are charged a full fare?

Its looks like the 3rd person gets a reduced rate on the princess ships.

Browsing HAL next.

first 2 people regardless of age pay full price. any more in the cabin pay a reduced rate.. sometimes a greatly reduced rate, sometimes not. very rarely will there be a true Kids sail free when staying in the same cabin as the parents deal.

this is pretty much universal across all mainstream lines. also EVERYONE regardless of age or what their berth fare is pays the same amount in taxes and port fees and the same amount un tips( also called gratuity or service charge)

first 2 people regardless of age pay full price. any more in the cabin pay a reduced rate.. sometimes a greatly reduced rate, sometimes not. very rarely will there be a true Kids sail free when staying in the same cabin as the parents deal.

this is pretty much universal across all mainstream lines. also EVERYONE regardless of age or what their berth fare is pays the same amount in taxes and port fees and the same amount un tips( also called gratuity or service charge)

well said.

When our daughter was young, our cabin had a bunk from the cieling and I would not let her use it. Instead, I had our cabin steward bring a crib mattress and she "camped Out" on the floor. At that age - she loved it. Had I known at the time of booking, I would have looked for a couch option.

ENJOY!