Guitar player in Crows Nest?

Sherry H

So........on our cruise Jan. 15 there was no guitar player in the Crow's Nest.

Missed it...........has HAL done away with this or was it just that maybe the player was a "no show" or perhaps had an emergency?

How about the rest of you?

So........on our cruise Jan. 15 there was no guitar player in the Crow's Nest.

Missed it...........has HAL done away with this or was it just that maybe the player was a "no show" or perhaps had an emergency?

How about the rest of you?

The guitar player on our last HAL cruise played in the Mix, not the Crow's Nest. And at poolside some afternoons.

Crow's Nest had a DJ.

We were on the 2/1 Nieuw Amsterdam sailing and per the staff there is no longer live entertainment in the Crow's Nest, instead there was piped in music in the way of standard pop fare. The guitarist is not on board any longer is what we were told.

Edited by BellBoys

Well I'm disappointed that there was not any guitarist playing in the Crows Nest. We always enjoyed listening to him/her in the evening up there. I don't know who is incharge of the entertainment in Seattle but in my estimation they are doing a very poor job. Pretty soon there won't be any entertainment on board I guess.

We were on the 2/1 Nieuw Amsterdam sailing and per the staff there is no longer live entertainment in the Crow's Nest, instead there was piped in music in the way of standard pop fare. The guitarist is not on board any longer is what we were told.

That's too bad. Donald Waugh, who was on the Nieuw Amsterdam in November & December was really good.

Well I'm disappointed that there was not any guitarist playing in the Crows Nest. We always enjoyed listening to him/her in the evening up there. I don't know who is incharge of the entertainment in Seattle but in my estimation they are doing a very poor job. Pretty soon there won't be any entertainment on board I guess.

While I was pleased with the entertainment on the Noordam for the most part (also missed the usual music in the Crow's Nest), there were other management level decisions that detracted from my experience as a guest as well as a 4 Star Mariner. In my opinion, not all is well at headquarters.