Queen Elizabeth - Iceland - July 14th 2015

wicken

• 1 month later...

Cruise Critic Roll Call looked interesting and thought I would check it out. I have no idea how it works? Basically we will be on Cunard for the first time for the 14 July 2015 cruise.

We've been on 50 some cruises, mostly on HAL, but actually 10 other cruise lines. Been to Dublin and Belfast before, but every other port-of-call will be new for us.

So, what is the advantage of Roll Call and the forum?

Thanks,

Vince

We're on this trip and have had it booked for quite a while now as Cunard only tend to do one Iceland each year.

It may be the case that a meet and green is arranged and that is always stated on the roll call and tends to be the first sea day at around 2pm. It's always nice to meet fellow cruise critic people and to put faces to names and see them during the voyage just to say hello.

Looking at Cunard's website, it appears that the cruise is selling well so I imagine it will be a full ship.

Pop over to the roll call and say hi regardless.

Lynne

Hi Jill and Clive,

Yes, there are quite a few of us. Check out the roll-call here.

Regards, Colin.

New to Cruise Critic. Why is there no CUNARD under "find your role call?" How do I get added to the 14 July QE sailing roll call?

Thanks, Vince

New to Cruise Critic. Why is there no CUNARD under "find your role call?" How do I get added to the 14 July QE sailing roll call?

Thanks, Vince

I can't answer your first question but if you click on the word here in Colin's post it will take you straight to your own roll call and you can post to it the same way you did here.

Alternatively you can select Roll Calls, Cunard Roll Calls, Queen Elizabeth and look down the list.

Hi Jill and Clive,

Yes, there are quite a few of us. Check out the roll-call here.

Regards, Colin.

Hope this helps

Edited by Host Hattie

For anyone who is still on the fence about doing one of the 4x4 adventures in Iceland .. here is my video of our Iceland 4x4 in 2009.

This was before the volcano, Eyjafjallajökull, erupted. We came very close to it. Our guide does a clear pronunciation of it on the video.

The 4x4's are not for everyone. The video should give you a good idea of what it is like. We still rank this day as one of the our best tours EVER -- ANYWHERE.

Part 1 ..

Part 2 ..

Cruise Critic Roll Call looked interesting and thought I would check it out. I have no idea how it works? Basically we will be on Cunard for the first time for the 14 July 2015 cruise.

We've been on 50 some cruises, mostly on HAL, but actually 10 other cruise lines. Been to Dublin and Belfast before, but every other port-of-call will be new for us.

So, what is the advantage of Roll Call and the forum?

Thanks,

Vince

The roll call thread lets you discuss the cruise with other passengers of your specific cruise who are CC members, potentially to include information about the ports of call (as you've been to Dublin & Belfast others may have been to other ports so you could trade good information). You could arrange to share the cost of independent excursions via the roll call thread.

Early in the cruise (typically in the afternoon of the first sea day) there's likely to be an informal gathering arranged among those who participate in the roll call thread. Some people enjoy this because it helps put a face to the names you see on Cruise Critic. You might find additional information and/or private excursions during this meeting.

Roll call meetings are less of a "thing" on Cunard than on other lines. You might get 15 passengers meeting where on a Princess roll call meetup we had close to 100.

Edited by Underwatr