RCI Stateroom Decorations.

bazjs1981

Just providing an alternative...I've never purchased any package. Instead we usually decorate the cabin ourselves with inexpensive decorations from Party City or a dollar store. The walls and doors are magnetic, and I bought a large spool of magnetic tape to affix to the back of the decorations. It costs a fraction of what the packages cost!

Just returned from the Serenade where our daughter purchased the "Happy Birthday" decorations for our cabin to surprise my wife. Not sure of the cost (perhaps $50?) but for that there were several signs posted on the entrance door & around the cabin. There was a happy birthday banner over the bed and streamers on the ceiling. The decorations lasted the entire cruise.

Worth it? I don't know but my wife enjoyed the surprise. I'm sure the wedding decorations are similar. ImageUploadedByForums1424626496.840999.jpg.7e8ce00296c259101cc2d872928ab0b4.jpg

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I was considering purchasing a package this year myself. I think it's $30 or $35. I saw a "Just Married" package across the hall from us one time. The signs were on the door and when they opened the door, you could see all of the streamers and such strung across the ceiling inside. I thought it was really cute. If you aren't pinching pennies I say go for it. You are on vacation, let them do the work for you! Plus, it's a nice surprise because you get to see it when you arrive!

Thanks for the replies.

It works out at £18.50 so not exactly expensive, I like the idea of giving my wife-to-be a nice little surprise, rather than putting the decorations up ourselves.

Edited by bazjs1981

My employees ordered a Bon Voyage package for me as a Christmas gift for our cruise that was a couple of months away. I didn't know exactly what they had ordered and had almost forgotten about the "surprise"...it was fun opening the cabin door and seeing the streamers, decoration and cake! I would say if it's within your budget and you think your wife would like the surprise element, go for it! :D

I did the Happy Birthday decorations and cake about a year ago. Pretty standard, like the photos shown earlier in this thread. Unfortunately, the decorations fell down after a day or two.

The cake was delicious! Gave us only a knife to serve it, but I brought a cake server from home.

Looks like they just changed the look of all the decorations. I was looking in gifts and gear on royal's site last week and noticed pictures of the new decorations. You should take a look there so you know exactly what you are getting. We have done the decorations a couple of times, and always enjoyed them, they lasted all week everytime.

Has anybody ever purchased any of the decoration packages from the gifts and gear pages, specifically the "just married" package?

If so, are they any good? Do you recommend purchasing?

Any pics would be most appreciated [emoji106]

We splurged this cruise on a Grand Suite and it was my husband's birthday so I ordered a Birthday Decoration Package. I was pleased with it. There were balloon streamers across the room, signs on a couple of walls, a stand up on the bar decoration and the door was decorated with Happy Birthday. Our cabin stewardess even iced down a bottle of champagne that she took care of. (My husband tips well everyday).

I know this isn't the honeymoon package but it only cost me $30. Our concierge took care of it for me, but guest services are very accommodating and helpful too. (I left my prescription sunglasses in the Windjammer).

It was our anniversary too the day we got off the ship so I carried those decorations in my bag for the hotel, but it was just going to take too much room in my luggage to carry anything more. I'll know for the future that I don't have to carry all the decorations with me on board.

IMHO, they are definitely worth the price you pay for the surprise in your loved ones eyes.

Gloria

Here are a few pics of the NEW Birthday Celebration package decorations. ($31)

And they seriously do not take up any space in your cabin

As someone commented they never put them up because they take up too much room and make your cabin even smaller, ignore that, not like you need to remove the coffee table or bed to hang up ceiling and wall decs.

Well worth it to spoil the one you love:)

Am sure the wedding decs are of the same sort of quality & quantity

They were also inside the door and on the door into bathroom, was also a bag of

The shiny confetti style stuff to sprinkle all over the room.

Here are how ours were presented on arrival to cabin on embarkation.

imagejpg3_zpsc1abcf01.jpg

imagejpg5_zps2575fadd.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsbcf30adf.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsyn55esdm.jpg

image.jpg1_zps5m1vp08c.jpg

Edited by PompeySailor

Has anybody ever purchased any of the decoration packages from the gifts and gear pages, specifically the "just married" package?

If so, are they any good? Do you recommend purchasing?

Any pics would be most appreciated [emoji106]

Haven't purchased the Just married. But the Anniversary and Birthday

Decorations are pretty good and worth the money.

I had purchased the "Just Married" package in December 2013 and was VERY disappointed. It did not say Just Married, as they had switched to a more generic "Celebrate Love" motif that they can use for Just Married and Anniversaries. AND they double charged us. I had ordered it and relatives had ordered it for us. You an only have one set of decorations, but they were more than happy to process it twice. I spent several hours on board trying to get it sorted out, and then after all of that, they refunded the WRONG card. I would not have purchased it if I knew it wasn't going to say "Just Married" in honor of our honeymoon.

DH got them for my birthday one year. It was so fun to arrive at our cabin the first day and find it all decorated - definitely would not have had the same impact if he'd waited until I was out of the cabin without him and done something himself just to save a bit. We were in a Aja's that cruise but I still can't see how it would have made the cabin feel any smaller, although that poster is notorious for giving misinformation.

Thanks all.

Just noticed on the gifts page they have actually introduced some new, more expensive decor packages but with no description or pics...does anybody have any idea or extra info as to what the difference is? Apart from being more than double the price!