Any March promos for NCL?

NJsharon

Just because there is something added as a benefit, it doesn't mean the overall price remains the same. All these additional promos do come at a cost... so "look before you leap". Be sure the base price hasn't gone up to accommodate the increased cost to NCL. You might not be getting the "new" deal you think you are.

If I already prepaid my gratuities will I receive a refund if I rebook under the new promotion? We are in a 2 bedroom suite on the Getaway.

Thanks

Wondering the same thing. I'm booked in a 2 bedroom on the Escape and already prepaid so would wonder how that would work

Will check it out for sure, currently I have the OBC of $75 as well as the UDP on my Europe cruise, will definitely drop the OBC for the prepaid gratuities to go along with the UDP if the option becomes available..

Still saves me over $200 when figuring in the lost OBC...

Between the price drops and the ongoing specials I am now saving nearly $1400 since my original booking...And I am still a year out, hard to tell what will happen next...Good times....

T-total? no UBP.

That $75 is less than 1 drink pd (not per person) or a couple of soda.

Is it possible to call and switch to a new promo without cancelling and rebooking? In that case it may be worth it for us....this far out I doubt the price will change if that makes a difference.

How do you figure it is bait and switch? New month, new promo, if you want the new promo, cancel and rebook, simple as that, if your past final payment you already entered into a binding contract. You were given a price and you agreed to that price (& attached promo) at the time of the contract.

If you are afraid of losing "that all too special room" then don't take your chances and leave the booking as is and just pay your tips yourself.

You win some, you lose some, that could hardly be called bait & switch.

How do you figure it is bait and switch? New month, new promo, if you want the new promo, cancel and rebook, simple as that, if your past final payment you already entered into a binding contract. You were given a price and you agreed to that price (& attached promo) at the time of the contract.

If you are afraid of losing "that all too special room" then don't take your chances and leave the booking as is and just pay your tips yourself.

You win some, you lose some, that could hardly be called bait & switch.

Perhaps you may want to re-read the post you quoted. Nowhere did they say "bait and switch"

~Katy

Haha yes, no complaints at all by me, I'm ecstatic with the deal we had, if it is just prepaid for the first two guests for us it wouldn't even be worth cancelling and rebooking because we prepaid tips so rebooking would bump us up to the 14.95 rate. But if we were able to keep the $12 rate and then just add the prepaid gratuities (assuming it is just for the 1st and 2nd), that would make a big difference. The cruise isn't til January 2017 so there is plenty of time and plenty of rooms left, but after a nightmare experience with RCCL with a transferred booking (literally took over 20 hours of arguing on the phone to get them to restore it even though I had the paperwork showing they messed up), I'd rather not cancel and rebook a booking that worked if I don't have to!

And now the real question. How much will the prices increase to cover this added "freebie"?

I'm curious...adding the service charge as a choice doesn't seem to me to be an "added freebie," just another choice that actually has less face value than some of the other choices.

How would this cause the prices to go up?

I'm curious...adding the service charge as a choice doesn't seem to me to be an "added freebie," just another choice that actually has less face value than some of the other choices.

How would this cause the prices to go up?

well for the haven, its an added freebie, assuming you get all choices like the previous promo.. maybe they are trying to entice more people to take the higher rooms.

The next promo starting March 1st is the Freestyle Choice SPECTACULAR. They have added prepaid gratuities as one of the choices, along with UBP, UDP or OBC, and then 3-8 passenger either free or 50% off, depending on the sailing.

So once again, I assume this will only be for either OV or balconies and above?

I'm glad to hear they are extending the 3-8 free/50% off passengers. I may have to book another if I can find something I like that I haven't done yet. :D

If booking and deposit is a concern, Fri & Sat will have 1/2 deposit required.

I wonder if I will be able to call the CAS certificate line to add the tips to 1 of my bookings. I may have to rethink the comp I have for August. I may have them reprice the room with the discount instead of the comp, It may work out better in my favor.

Edited by iimmie

I wonder if I will be able to call the CAS certificate line to add the tips to 1 of my bookings. I may have to rethink the comp I have for August. I may have them reprice the room with the discount instead of the comp, It may work out better in my favor.

You do know that the current Freestyle Choice Plus is good for CAS comped cruises, right?

Harriet

You do know that the current Freestyle Choice Plus is good for CAS comped cruises, right?

Harriet

Yes but the price jumped $1600.00 since I booked so the promo did not work in my favor, The added tips should tilt the scale in my favor (It was only a $60.00 difference as is, not enough to annoy my CAS contact) but now I will rethink it. I have to crunch the numbers at weeks end and decide what to do then,

I had a real mess last month by calling the certificate line, The woman repriced it out, charged me $1500.00 and gave me an "extra" $100 OBC. She kept it as a comp/upgrade instead of pricing me out with the discount so I still wound up with the promo based on the original comp level (1 item). I almost fainted when I got the confirmation. My CAS rep was able to bring me back to my original booking.

I went cruising for a fish and see lots of price jumps today. Of the 6 I have booked 5 had jumps today

Looks like they are preparing for the added pre-paid tips promo.

Surprise Surprise Surprise. Seeing the same thing too. From $20 for insides up to over $400 for suites.

I went cruising for a fish and see lots of price jumps today. Of the 6 I have booked 5 had jumps today

Looks like they are preparing for the added pre-paid tips promo.

Yes, I'm seeing the same.

On our upcoming cruise, we'd save a whole $30 on our suite (fare + service charge) if we re-booked to add the free service charge for 1st/2nd passengers. No way am I'm going to ask my travel agent to spend time on the phone to save us such a small amount of money.

On our other booked cruise the fare hasn't risen . . . yet. We might be able to save $250 on that one by re-booking next week, but I'm not holding my breath.