2 bottles of wine - then what?

angielane

[quote name='clarea']If people keep posting about how to game the system on a public website that the company is known to read, then soon there will be no wine allowed on board anymore.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you.....as I read more on this thread about the elaborate ways people have devised to 'game the system' sooner or later things will change again.

To those who wonder what to do after you drink the two bottles of wine you are allowed to bring on board....buy a bottle on board....or buy it by the glass. It is not as if wine isn't available onboard.

[quote name='pcur']...I just never paid attention, because when I sail with my husband we don't take any. ....[/QUOTE]

Okay, I am trying to be nice and not a smarty.... but if someone has no idea of the answer to the question, why would they volunteer a non-answer?

Sorry....just had to get it off my brain...

[quote name='spookwife']Integrity is doing the right thing regardless of whether or not you will get caught/punished for if not.

why is it that when people are FINALLY given an inch( we used to not be allowed by policy at all to bring it on board period, let alone pay corkage fees) that all they want to do is run a marathon(forget a mile)?!

why the bloody hell can't be people be GRATEFUL for what they DO ALLOW and quit whinging about how it isn't enough or try and squeeze out extra?![/QUOTE]

Well, there is a built-in failsafe for the policy: if they find passengers bringing too much onboard upon embarkation, they throw it away. If they catch someone bringing it on board from a port (which is allowed), they keep it and give it back at the end of the cruise.

So, it's not like anyone is going to cause a huge problem by gaming the system. They lose their excess wine at the beginning, and can't drink it during the cruise if bought en route.

It all depends on whether that ship decides to set up a wine control table at embarkation or in port.

[quote name='AussieVisi2r']There are no checks. If you both carry two bottles (and maybe go through different scanners) then put another two bottles in your luggage you will have no problems. When you go to the naughty room you just tell them that they are your two bottles.[/quote]

We are doing a B2B so we can bring 4 bottles of wine on board. You suggest going through different scanners. So I could have the 4 bottles and my husband could have 2 bottles and use different scanners. When I told my son about this (he is diamond on RCI) he says as he recalls you have to show your boarding pass at the scanner. Is he right?

[quote name='Paddy41']We are doing a B2B so we can bring 4 bottles of wine on board. You suggest going through different scanners. So I could have the 4 bottles and my husband could have 2 bottles and use different scanners. When I told my son about this (he is diamond on RCI) he says as he recalls you have to show your boarding pass at the scanner. Is he right?[/QUOTE]

Well he is right, but they only check to make sure that you are you and are getting on the right ship.

I believe some people who did B2B said that RC just stored the extra wine for them and delivered it at the beginning of the second cruise. That is assuming you got stopped in the first place.