Mattresses on Tahitian Princess

Mai Tai Guy

I was wondering if anyone had comments on the bedding aboard the Tahitian Princess. I had read from other cruise critic reviews that the mattresses are not the most comfortable, but you could request an egg crate mattress pad which makes the bed a lot softer. I thought I had read on another thread that Princess had recently upgraded both the mattresses and bed linens in the mini suites and suites on board, so they are now up to standards with the rest of the fleet. We leave on the September 21 voyage and wanted to know if we should put in the request for the "egg crate" pad.

Thanks!!!

l recently received a newsletter from Princess telling about the upgrade to suite and mini suite bedding but I do not recall anything about other room categories.

Maybe you should request the egg crate pad, just in case.

I read the same information about the new mattresses and sheets. I was going to call this month and ask if the Tahitian Princess will be one of the ships with the upgraded items. We have booked a mini-suite for April 6th. Can't wait.

I sleep with down at home so the feather pillows made a difference to me, I asked for three and used them all......I just want to thank you for all the knowledge you provided me before we left...it really helped and we loved the IC beachcomber...had OWB #490 perfect.....and the lagoonarium...it was great.

L:) ri

TKJulie.....I hope you booked April 9.........or a pre-cruise stayover for April 6! The ship sails on the 10th!

If you are on April 9, 2006, there is a roll-call started if you care to join in.

Hi! Yes, we are on the April 9th cruise, and are staying at the Tahiti beachcomber in OWB for two nights pre-cruise.

Thanks Julie

I just got off the TP a few days ago..the egg crate was on the bed..but it is really only about an 1/2" thick..if that! I expected a thicker one..bed was still very firm..but for me..I like a firmer bed than my husband and was fine..he is a stomach sleeper and likes a softer mattress.

I did not ask for feather pillows..they usually are TOO soft for me..I just ask for a few extra pillows..so I had four..but I use one to hug when I sleep on my side to make it better for my back..and with the rolling of the ship while at sea..you are rocked to sleep most nights!

• 3 weeks later...

Just arrived back today from our cruise and we had preordered egg crate mattress covers for our beds, which were already on the beds when we checked in to our cabin. Ironically, they were bringing "new" posteurpedic Beauty rest mattresses on board the first day of the cruise while we were in port at Papeete and our cabin steward told us that they were replacing several at a time on each cruise throughout the month. The mattresses were lined along the hallway and he told us that all the passengers that were up early that day, they were changing out the "old" for "new". We kept our egg crate pads and had new mattresses as well, so our beds were extremely comfortable. We were on deck 8 with the mini suites, and didn't see what was going on with the other decks. I would order the "egg crate pads" just in case you don't get new mattresses.:)

Mai Tai Guy, sounds like they were putting in the new upgraded mattress they're putting in minisuites fleet-wide. Glad to hear they're comfortable! Did you have upgraded bedding too (i.e., a fluffy duvet instead of a regular bedspread, satin-striped sheets)?

Mai Tai Guy, sounds like they were putting in the new upgraded mattress they're putting in minisuites fleet-wide. Glad to hear they're comfortable! Did you have upgraded bedding too (i.e., a fluffy duvet instead of a regular bedspread, satin-striped sheets)?

Calikak,

My parents mini suite was next to ours and they actually got "new" bedspreads a few days into the cruise. The sheets were very nice quality, but no duvet covers. When we first checked out our bedding, we were surprised to see they had rather heavy blankets on the beds, but later realized that the rooms are kept rather cool and the ventilation system runs continuously, so the blankets definately were needed and made for a comfortable nights sleep. Sweet dreams on your cruise!:)

Archived