"Hawaiian" Shirt in MDR - Jewel of the Seas

Folsom

Yeah. I don't know how often they actually turn people away for wearing shorts. I don't think it's very strictly enforced, and most people are simply respectful enough to not wear shorts. Seems to work out okay.

They dont its just the vocal minority on CC that make an issue of it. Royal doesnt care...

Yeah. I don't know how often they actually turn people away for wearing shorts. I don't think it's very strictly enforced, and most people are simply respectful enough to not wear shorts. Seems to work out okay.

And shorts are a gamble whereas long pants are not. I'm thinking it's a disservice for people here to tell newbies that shorts are OK when they may not be. I certainly wouldn't want that attention at the door my first go round.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is more than fine and you will not feel out of place or under dressed. I live in a major US city and there is no place other than private clubs that require anything more than what you are suggesting. Enjoy and be comfortable. It is 2015 and you are on vacation!

Cheers.

I just want a few opinions about how something will be perceived. I know what the official suggested attire is, but I want to know if this is acceptable in most folks opinion.

I am planning on wearing a nice pair of slacks with dress shoes and a button down "Hawaiian" style shirt, that is not tucked in. do you think anyone will take issue with an untucked shirt. I just think they look odd when they are tucked in.

Also, I assume that the idea of "Hawaiian" shirts is not frowned upon (they are not too loud).

Thanks, for your assistance.

-F-

And shorts are a gamble whereas long pants are not. I'm thinking it's a disservice for people here to tell newbies that shorts are OK when they may not be. I certainly wouldn't want that attention at the door my first go round.

They are allowed except for formal nights, so it is NOT a gamble.

They are allowed except for formal nights, so it is NOT a gamble.

That is incorrect. They are never "allowed", per se. The dining room dress code is no shorts in the evening. They are allowed for breakfast/lunch, but not dinner.

As I said, most people will respect that and not wear shorts. Those who do, most likely will get away with it, without being thrown out of the dining room. So, if that's what you mean by "allowed," then you are correct.

According to you it's not but others have already disputed that.

I speak from experince as I am one of those evil short wearers at dinner.

The others only are speculating...;)

I speak from experince as I am one of those evil short wearers at dinner.

The others only are speculating...;)

I'm not disputing your experience nor do I care what you wear. I'm suggesting that it's unfair to advise newbies they can when it varies from ship to ship and is not in line with the dress code. ;)

I just want a few opinions about how something will be perceived. I know what the official suggested attire is, but I want to know if this is acceptable in most folks opinion.

I am planning on wearing a nice pair of slacks with dress shoes and a button down "Hawaiian" style shirt, that is not tucked in. do you think anyone will take issue with an untucked shirt. I just think they look odd when they are tucked in.

Also, I assume that the idea of "Hawaiian" shirts is not frowned upon (they are not too loud).

-F-

You will see a lot of the men dressed exactly like that. And you are correct, never tuck in a Hawaiian type shirt. Perfect for cruising! Have a great time on Jewel!

I'm not disputing your experience nor do I care what you wear. I'm suggesting that it's unfair to advise newbies they can when it varies from ship to ship and is not in line with the dress code. ;)

Just so you are in the "know"there is NO dress code.

Here's what I have to say about rules. When they start enforcing the other rules like no reserving chairs at the pool or the theater, no kids in the solarium etc., then I'll think about following the dress code. Post THAT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, they DO enforce those rules, at least as best they can. I'm not sure I want to pay additional cruise fare, just so they can staff up to have an enforcement squad to make sure all the passengers obey every rule. It would be better if passengers were all just considerate. But, if your philosophy is "I won't be considerate, unless they force everyone else to be considerate first," then I hope you're not on my sailing. :eek:

-F-

My husband wears them all the time. He has nice silk slacks with his silk Tommy Bahama shirts with the prints. Only time he wears anything different is formal nights on long cruises when he wears a tux. But on short cruises he wears this even on formal nights. he also leaves it out, doesn't look that good if they are tucked in.