"Hawaiian" Shirt in MDR - Jewel of the Seas

Folsom

I just want a few opinions about how something will be perceived. I know what the official suggested attire is, but I want to know if this is acceptable in most folks opinion.

I am planning on wearing a nice pair of slacks with dress shoes and a button down "Hawaiian" style shirt, that is not tucked in. do you think anyone will take issue with an untucked shirt. I just think they look odd when they are tucked in.

Also, I assume that the idea of "Hawaiian" shirts is not frowned upon (they are not too loud).

Thanks, for your assistance.

-F-

I just want a few opinions about how something will be perceived. I know what the official suggested attire is, but I want to know if this is acceptable in most folks opinion.

I am planning on wearing a nice pair of slacks with dress shoes and a button down "Hawaiian" style shirt, that is not tucked in. do you think anyone will take issue with an untucked shirt. I just think they look odd when they are tucked in.

Also, I assume that the idea of "Hawaiian" shirts is not frowned upon (they are not too loud).

-F-

Wear what you want. If they give you a bad time, walk past the chair pigs, the kids in the solarium and the guy in the theater reserving 8 seats. Then put on a fancy suit and deposit a huge ketchup stain on the most visible spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-F-

What you are talking about is fine. Of course there are those that think a tux is the only thing that is acceptable in the MDR. I don't see a problem with what you are suggesting.

My husband has several Tommy Bahama/Hawaiian style shirts and that is pretty much his vacation wardrobe on land and for cruises! He doesn't wear them on Formal night but he too wishes he could wear a nice pair of shorts and sandals too! :) However, he complies with the long pants for dinner. You'll be fine.

-F-

for non formal nights DH wears those almost exclusively. these are tone on tone designs, not the loud stuff sold to haoles. those he only wears during the day /in port

hell our last cruise he bought a new one in Jamaica and wore it to dinner that night!

Thanks for the input. I was a little dismayed that nice shorts were not allowed, so now you have put my mind at ease.

Thanks

-F-

Shorts are allowed these days. 10 years ago, no...

Edited by jp30338

they are not allowed in MDR according to RCCL ( but many people wear them

Onboard Dress Code

Smart Casual: Ladies: Skirt or pants (no holes, rips or tears) with a blouse. Gentlemen: Pants (no holes, rips or tears) with a collared shirt

-F-

What you have described is exactly what I wear into the MDR on non-formal nights and always have. You will be fine. :)

I routinely see people being denied entrance to the MDR wearing shorts. they still enforce that, although they stopped enforcing the no jeans rule. and they DEFINITELY do not let you in on Formal night with them.

I routinely see people being denied entrance to the MDR wearing shorts. they still enforce that, although they stopped enforcing the no jeans rule. and they DEFINITELY do not let you in on Formal night with them.

There is no "no jeans" rule.

Not sure what you are referring to that they definitely don't let you in on formal night with. :confused::confused:

If not quite Hawaiian shirt, I have a number of button up Tommy Bahama shirts and similar that I regularly wear on cruises. Blend right in. Very comfy.

I guess thats why I wore my Kakhi cargo shorts on the Jewel last April, AND STILL ATE DINNER, like OMG!!

-F-

I've always brought a Hawaiian shirt as there's usually a night where the dress suggestion is "casual/tropical"

I guess thats why I wore my Kakhi cargo shorts on the Jewel last April, AND STILL ATE DINNER, like OMG!!

Yeah. I don't know how often they actually turn people away for wearing shorts. I don't think it's very strictly enforced, and most people are simply respectful enough to not wear shorts. Seems to work out okay.