Shuttle Service - Zeebrugge to Bruges

Loracpin2

Only if you get 8 and travel in a minibus - do most people travel in groups of 8?
You can easily get a group of 8 by posting on your roll call...ours alone basically reserved every taxi/minibus in the area and there are still some looking for more. ;):) Edited by cadburysmom

Have you ever had a roll call person back out last minute? Not a big deal for just a transfer, but still annoying.

This thread reminded me about an episode at Bruges for a very comfortable pre-arranged taxi from the port, set up long in advance. Two guys decided to walk off as the rest of us were getting in, saying they thought it was going to be too crowded. Which of course meant the remaining people had to cover their shares.

Still worth it because even with the higher per-head cost, it was half what the ship charged!

I would say: Brugge, and if that is not where you're going then definitely go to Knokke. Have a stroll on Lippenslaan and Kustlaan. Walk into a store of "Moeder Babelutte" or "Leonidas" and try some of the Belgian specialities :D

I would go for Neuhaus ;-) but that's a matter of taste :-)

Or if you go to Knokke and want to try some more exotic tasting Belgian chcololates, make sure to visit Pierre Marcolini

Only if you get 8 and travel in a minibus - do most people travel in groups of 8?

It's very easy to get a group of 8 together on your roll call. I got so many on our last cruise we had to get two vans. And people were still looking for spots after that.

There are a limited number of these taxi vans available. It is the cheapest way to get to Bruges. So get a group together on your roll call and book early. The first time I went to Bruges, I left it too late to book and all the vans were gone.

Have you ever had a roll call person back out last minute? Not a big deal for just a transfer, but still annoying.

This thread reminded me about an episode at Bruges for a very comfortable pre-arranged taxi from the port, set up long in advance. Two guys decided to walk off as the rest of us were getting in, saying they thought it was going to be too crowded. Which of course meant the remaining people had to cover their shares.

Still worth it because even with the higher per-head cost, it was half what the ship charged!

If you're worried about that, you can collect the funds in advance. Just let the people know up front that you will be doing that. There were people on the dock looking for vacancies in mini vans.

We had two no shows on an expensive tour in Scotland. Fortunately, I had required that everyone pay in advance.

If you're worried about that, you can collect the funds in advance. Just let the people know up front that you will be doing that. There were people on the dock looking for vacancies in mini vans.

We had two no shows on an expensive tour in Scotland. Fortunately, I had required that everyone pay in advance.

No worries here, Bruges was the only time we've ever joined a Roll Call group arrangement (transfer), and, as noted, it still saved us money. We usually make private arrangements directly with an operator or rarely, in dicey places, buy a ship tour.

Off topic.. the system you suggest sounds wise to guarantee your per person rate for a pricey shore tour, even though CC guidelines say that participants should pay the operator directly, vs a member collecting. (I can understand that - lots of pitfalls.)

It would work as long as everyone finds YOU so you aren't burdened with chasing people to collect. Can't collect at the Cruise Critic party - also against CC guidelines and generally bad form to use a party provided by the line for transacting non-cruiseline shorex business.

That's $400 for 8 people. If you arrange for your own taxi (100 Euro round trip) for 8 people, it will only cost 12.50 Euro per person (less than $15).

Does anyone have room for two more in their taxi going to Bruges on May 2nd?

You can reach me by email at Lzag@bcrnow.com

Thaks

Linda

• 1 month later...
I beleive the port shuttle takes you to the gates only. You can get the train from there. Only way to avoid train is a tour, either via celebrity or private tour company.

The train to Bruges on Saturday runs every two hours. Since we always want to be back to the ship an hour early, the train schedule would only allow us about 3 hours in Bruges. Hardly seems worth it. Guess we'll have to take the ship transportation to Bruge since we didn't arrange a taxi.