Show time changes on Oasis less than two weeks before cruise???

I just got email from Royal Caribbean for my 3/7 Oasis cruise, saying that the show time of my Come Fly With Me reservation has been changed from 9pm to 7:30pm. How can they do something like this at this point? 7:30pm is going to mess up my dinner plans (we have early seating and don't want to be rushed). What could have changed on their end that would require this change? Now I'm going to have to go in and see if I can change to a more convenient show time, and a week before the cruise, who knows what is available. This really has me upset. Do they do this all the time??? It seems like if they're going to force you to make advance reservation for shows, they shouldn't start changing them at what is basically the last minute.

I had also gotten a notification a couple of weeks ago that my ice show reservation for the first night had changed from 9 to 8:30, but that wasn't as big a deal since we can still get there in time for the show without changing our dinner plans.

Edited by MisterBill99

I just got email from Royal Caribbean for my 3/7 Oasis cruise, saying that the show time of my Come Fly With Me reservation has been changed from 9pm to 7:30pm. How can they do something like this at this point? 7:30pm is going to mess up my dinner plans (we have early seating and don't want to be rushed). What could have changed on their end that would require this change? Now I'm going to have to go in and see if I can change to a more convenient show time, and a week before the cruise, who knows what is available. This really has me upset. Do they do this all the time??? It seems like if they're going to force you to make advance reservation for shows, they shouldn't start changing them at what is basically the last minute.

I had also gotten a notification a couple of weeks ago that my ice show reservation for the first night had changed from 9 to 8:30, but that wasn't as big a deal since we can still get there in time for the show without changing our dinner plans.

We received two emails today regarding shows on our May 9th cruise, the first changing one of our shows from 7:00pm to 10:30pm and the other was changed from 9:00pm to 7:30pm. This is our first RCCL cruise and were able to sign up for shows the morning that reservations opened. No explanation as to why the changes took place.

We were on the Oasis last November and that was happening A LOT !

Not just changing of times but also show cancellations.

I found out about it here from people like you who got email notification. I never got one.

It seems to be a continuing problem.

We got lucky. Because we were in a suite, the concierge was able to take care of things for us.

I know people say there is always a wait line but it is usually long & it would waste my valuable cruise time to get in them.

Cannot understand why this was not just a short term problem,

They do it all the time. They even adjust times after boarding. Its SOP.

What they don't tell you is that day time shows are often added on sea days.

International travel always requires some adjustments on the travelers part

They do the best they can for the masses

Edited by setsail

They do it all the time. They even adjust times after boarding. Its SOP.

What they don't tell you is that day time shows are often added on sea days.

International travel always requires some adjustments on the travelers part

They do the best they can for the masses

What does international travel have to do with this? They make a big deal about scheduling your shows in advance, since most are now booked otherwise, then they pull nonsense like this at almost the last minute. I could not find any other showtimes available to book, even if I wanted to switch to another show. I looked at our schedule and realized that this is on the St. Maarten day, and we were planning to have lunch at one of the LoLo's in Grand Case and then head to Marigot for pastries, so I don't really mind having a late dinner (obviously not in the MDR at my normal table) that day. But I'm not sure sure that the friends we are traveling with will be as flexible.

I could see if this was a new ship and they were just getting things straightened out. But it's not. You want to rearrange schedules for cruises six months out where most people haven't even thought about making show reservations? Be my guest. But not this close to the cruise date.

I will be sure to bring this up at the Meet & Mingle. I will be interested in hearing their excuse.

Edited by MisterBill99

We got two emails changing show times. One was for the ice show on 4/25 which was only moved up 1/2 hour which is doable for us but the other one was for the "Come Fly With Me' show on 4/29 that was changed to 7:30 which I don't believe we can make unless we really rush through our 6:00 early seating dinner.

What actually ticks me off though, is the fact I made all the entertainment reservations for the week for all four couples in our group over the phone with a rccl rep and now have to go back in and re-arrange everything. No explanation given in email for why they are changing show times either. Ugh!!!

What actually ticks me off though, is the fact I made all the entertainment reservations for the week for all four couples in our group over the phone with a rccl rep and now have to go back in and re-arrange everything. No explanation given in email for why they are changing show times either. Ugh!!!

Absolutely agree with everything you said. And the real issue for me is that I can't just go in and rebook it at a time that is more convenient, because no other shows are available at this point!

I had a bit of a scare when I checked my show reservations tonight. I had made them online for the 4 of us across 2 reservations and I was pretty sure I had done it correctly. But when I opened the booking that my wife and her friend are on (we split the 4 of us by gender so we all get the Diamond discount), I did not see the names of my friend and myself on the calendar, although I did see them on one entry (for the character breakfast I booked while it was still free). Then when I tried to get into the reservation I was on, the system kept telling me that it was being updated. Finally I managed to get in and saved a copy of my schedule to a PDF file and did the same for my wife's reservation and compared shows and fortunately they matched. I do seem to have a second reservation for Oasis of Dreams on a different day for my wife and her friend, but I'm not going to cancel it at this point for fear of screwing something up!

Edited by MisterBill99

On our November cruise they either cancelled or changed all of our shows. No email at all, 1 week before cruise, found out when I checked my reservation. I tried to rebook but most were sold out or at bad times. I called C&A they were extremely helpful and booked the days and times I wanted.

On our November cruise they either cancelled or changed all of our shows. No email at all, 1 week before cruise, found out when I checked my reservation. I tried to rebook but most were sold out or at bad times. I called C&A they were extremely helpful and booked the days and times I wanted.

Are you a high level C&A by any chance? I had considered calling a couple of weeks ago when I realized I was closed out of all of the comedy shows to see if they could do anything, but it wasn't clear that "just" being Diamond would do anything. I should ask my TA.

Are you a high level C&A by any chance? I had considered calling a couple of weeks ago when I realized I was closed out of all of the comedy shows to see if they could do anything, but it wasn't clear that "just" being Diamond would do anything. I should ask my TA.

We were Platinum at the time. They were very helpful rebooking them for me.

Edited by killtheump

:mad:

Just received same e-mail notification last night! Our Come Fly With Me Reservation was changed from 9pm to a 7:30pm show. We have early dinner reservations but not that Early!!! We have two elderly family members in our party who will have trouble rushing out of dinner to make it to the theatre the half hour ahead of time to get decent seats. That gives us about 1 hour to eat. So relaxing cruising:rolleyes:

Not sure calling customer service will help any since we are not platinum or diamond. Right now not too happy with RCCL.

We had been on several Oasis cruises before that and there was never a problem with show reservations.That shows that whatever problem they currently have could be fixed.

Seems to be a non stop problem since then. Our November cruise had several changes.

We have just booked again for this August and I assume by the blogs here that there will still be a problem.

We had been on several Oasis cruises before that and there was never a problem with show reservations.That shows that whatever problem they currently have could be fixed.

It doesn't seem like they're just changing it for a couple of cruises due to problems, since people are reporting changes for cruises several months out.

Did anyone call to complain about this or try to reschedule? I doubt the people answering the phone would know why they made the changes. I'll be on Oasis on the 7th and will certainly ask.

Edited by MisterBill99

I didn't even get notified. I went on Cruise Planner and looked at my schedule and they moved a show to a night and time that coincided with another show I booked.

I just got the emails last night for Come Fly With Me changing from 9:00 to 7:30. We are on the May 16 sailing. We also have early dinner. I was able to switch it to the next night. That was the only night we did not have anything booked so all was good. Sounds like a complete change of time for this show.

I just got the emails last night for Come Fly With Me changing from 9:00 to 7:30. We are on the May 16 sailing. We also have early dinner. I was able to switch it to the next night. That was the only night we did not have anything booked so all was good. Sounds like a complete change of time for this show.

Lucky you. Much different when they change it for a cruise almost 3 months out vs one less than 2 weeks out after everyone has booked their shows. When I looked for other performance times to book, none were available.

Lucky you. Much different when they change it for a cruise almost 3 months out vs one less than 2 weeks out after everyone has booked their shows. When I looked for other performance times to book, none were available.

Sorry about your issue! I hope we don't run into the same thing as we get closer. From reading other posts it sound like they completely changed the Come Fly with Me time from 9:00 to 7:30 at least on the St Maarten day.

Do you think that's bad, at least you were informed. On this past 2/2 Quantum cruise, we had reservations for the second day to Mamma Mia for 4:30pm. We did not realize that the show was changed to 2:30pm until the show was cancelled due to sickness of performer(s) and rescheduled for a later day at 2:30pm. If we showed up at the original scheduled time we would have been out of luck. Learned a lesson and everyday checked my calendar planner and any e-mails on the TV.

At least you were notified. I just found out on the roll call that someone received an email about the change. The show was changed to a different day where one show was already booked and I had very little time in between to get there. I just cancelled one of them. And because it's less than 2 wks prior, there are no other times available. When I called, I was advised to go and try to get a reservation onboard or just wait as standby. :(

Edited by dvcdisney

We had several changes/cancellations right before our cruise in November. I was pretty irritated, but it all worked out. I ended up going to Come Fly With Me on the last sea day at 4:00 instead of going really late.

I thought the changes were related to dry dock and cast/show changes, so I'm surprised to hear they're still going on. If RC's IT department was even a quarter as good as the ships, they'd have awesome on-line services!:rolleyes:

At least you were notified. I just found out on the roll call that someone received an email about the change. The show was changed to a different day where one show was already booked and I had very little time in between to get there. I just cancelled one of them. And because it's less than 2 wks prior, there are no other times available. When I called, I was advised to go and try to get a reservation onboard or just wait as standby. :(

That's what I figured would happen if I called. And then someone on my roll call thread basically told me I was wrong for saying I was going to bring it up at the M&M, saying I shouldn't complain. I certainly do intend to get an answer as to why they're doing this and let them know how it is impacting people negatively. Maybe I'll save it for the "top tier event", where I assume that senior officers will be present (assuming it's the same as Celebrity).

• 4 weeks later...

Is it just Come Fly with Me??

Or can I expect other changes to come?

Just checked my cruise planner and all are still in place.

Seams to be a pattern, the 9:00 shows have all been moved to 7:30.

My email stated:

"We have processed a change to your reservation made using our Cruise Planner based on one of the following scenarios:

• A change in departure time for your Shore & Land Excursion was made by the tour operator;

• A change has been made to your cruise itinerary or one of the ports visited that required for your reservation to be changed;

• A change has been made to your of arrival and/or departure time for a specific port that required for your reservation to be changed."

Except the fact that I booked the show on a sea day!:rolleyes: