What does not get old for you?

dodgersmom

Being on board with the love of my life…especially sitting and watching the ocean during the day and snuggling while the ship rocks at night.

Another fun pastime is "people watching" especially having the opportunity to see the awe that first cruisers show (that always posts a smile on my face).

As many have said -

The first bong of the sea pass card

The first time on the elevator when you see the day on the floor

The moment we walk in the room for the first time and see everything waiting for us

That first pinacolada at the pool bar

The first sound of the ship's horn and the pulling away from the pier

Solarium - the first morning when I grab my spot and spend an hour or so just reading and relaxing

Oh man, I could go on and on. :)

The smell of the Schooner bar. I know, it actually smells bad to most people and I woulnd't want it in my house but I know I am officially on the ship when I smell it.

Haven't spent much time in that bar - but are you referring to the smell from all of the ropes/oil used for decorations? It's a sort of stale-burlap smell? Or it is something else? - I can't say I've ever noticed it.

Love this thread, too!

Only cruised 6 times, but here are some of mine:

1. Walking up the plankway onto the ship for the first time

2. Solarium

3. Johnny Rocket's greasy burger and unlimited fries/rings for one meal - while eating it in an outdoor booth.

4. Afternoon nap on the balcony

Haven't spent much time in that bar - but are you referring to the smell from all of the ropes/oil used for decorations? It's a sort of stale-burlap smell? Or it is something else? - I can't say I've ever noticed it.

Yeah, almost a smokey smell like something had been on fire. I think they are trying to get the oily wood plank smell

Great thread. Gets me excited for my upcoming trip.

The first walk up the gangway on embarkation day

The moment I turn off the phone as we pull away and lock it up for a week.

Meeting new friends and all the random conversations I'll have. People are so much more friendly on a cruise than at home.

Being pampered.

For me it is the flowrider on the ships that have them. They all pump water and make a wave, but the friendships you make with guets are always different every cruise. The friendships that you make with the staff are even better. You might not ever see them again. However, when you do it makes it that much better.

I also love sleeping at sea, the ship's pool splashing to the rocking of the ocean, and that giddy feeling I have as I walk up the gangway on embarkation day. It reminds me of what it was like as a kid at Christmas. I have long since grown up and don't get that feeling often, but entering the Royal Prominade always gets me.

Agree with everything here :D We will be on the Independence in 17 days :) Boards are ready to be packed. Frank got me a new Outlaw for our anniversary and I have only been able to ride it once since then.

Turning my phone to Airplane mode before I put it in the safe! All the new connectivity technology means nothing to me. When we cruise, I am unreachable!

Fist bump! Disconnected from the daily grind for the shortest seven days of the year and we relish it. And I dread taking it out of airplane mode and listening to it ding for about 30 minutes as the world pours back in...but it's worth it.

Sunrise at sea.

That is mine! I have made it a tradition to get up in the morning and head up and watch the sunrise and take pictures..I do it every morning.

I also like to go on my balcony late at night and chill out after partying or whatever and sit and watch the stars while listening to the ship break through the waves! It is so peaceful out there. I usually doze off and then wake up and go to bed. Never gets old for me and that is one of the reasons for my love of balconies! :cool:

Getting up early and watching the sunrise and the approach to a port of call never gets old for me.

Same here!

I'm always out there bright and early with my binoculars as we approach port. Even though I'm on vacation, I can never sleep in when we cruise. And that's not a bad thing. I also love an early morning walk to the Promenade Cafe. The ship seems so quiet and empty.

Another fun pastime is "people watching" especially having the opportunity to see the awe that first cruisers show (that always posts a smile on my face).

Yes, this one too!

I'll be taking my daughter and her friend on Liberty in less than 2 weeks. My daughter hasn't sailed on a Freedom class ship yet, and hasn't been on a cruise since 2010. Her friend hasn't cruised before. I'm so excited to see their faces when we board the ship!

Stepping on the ship; knowing the flight and lines are behind us.

First drink in the Concierge Club and meeting all the great people we'll be getting to know there during the cruise.

Meeting our dinner tablemates and being happy that we have another great group to dine with.