Opinion on aft balcony Class B4 on Star

lazyriver

My wife and I are booked for an Alaska cruise in July. Have a B4 rear facing balcony but don't know which one yet. There are 6 rear facing B4 balcony's on the Star. On deck 9 and 8 two are inside with a larger balcony on the outside. The two on deck 10 are on the outside. Don't know which one we will get. Any opinions?

We were booked into the port side aft-facing balcony on Caribe for one cruise. LOVED the cabin. Would take it again in a heartbeat. We actually turned down a mini for very little more because we wanted that specific cabin.

We were booked into the port side aft-facing balcony on Caribe for one cruise. LOVED the cabin. Would take it again in a heartbeat. We actually turned down a mini for very little more because we wanted that specific cabin.

Agreed! But please keep it a secret

We love the aft balconies too especially on caribe deck. We also turned down a mini to stay in C752 on the Star. We sail tomorrow can't wait

Thanks lo all of you. From other posts on Cruisecritic felt aft balcony would be the way to go. Glad to here that we can refuse an upgrade if offered. That way we get the aft balcony.

If you really don't want an upgrade be sure to have your booking marked as NO UPGRADE. Otherwise you might get upgraded and not even know about it unless you are constantly checking.

Don't count on being told about an upgrade. I was recently upgraded from an Inside on Lido to a Balcony on Caribe. I only found out because I constantly check my cruise personalizer.

• 3 months later...

Are the balconies the same size on deck 9 and 10? I was going to book deck 9 for August 2016, but to be closer to who we're traveling with I should probably go with deck 10. My concern is deck 10 looks smaller on the deck plans.

We were just on the Star for the Alaskan cruise Whittier to Vancouver. We had A746. People here talked about hearing noise from the deck above. We heard zero noise. Matter of fact there was never anyone ever sitting in there at night. Our cruise was very quiet. Hardly anyone on deck after 8pm. The only thing I can say is in the aft end of the ship everything vibrates. Like sleeping on one of those beds that you put a quarter in......

The water was smooth as glass.....so it must have been the engine.

BTW A746 is one of the angled balconies that is actually part of the hull under Skywalkers.

8fefb32e-0746-4c5c-bd58-1989f80813ba_zps7f6kxnhb.jpg

8de18feb-a2e7-4cd0-b9f4-904b4380a675_zpss44y4xdd.jpg

881.jpg.ef60f757c6aa11c10532570b652ef250.jpg