going to chankanaab park privately

stinax182

They have a contract with Carnival for the dolphin experience. If you are doing dolphins there and on Carnival book on your own and say you are staying at one of the big tourist hotels.

If you are just going to use the beach, snorkel, etc. you will not have any trouble - pay your admission fee and you are in.

I read somewhere that the park won't sell tickets to cruise ship passengers? is this true? I won't be using a boat excursion to go there, probably just grab a taxi or bus. any advice is appreciated.

Been there twice - took a cab each time a short drive from port. Go to parks website to book your dolphin swim our you can go to the park to enjoy the day on a beautiful beach. (it's rocky and good for snorkeling)

If you book a dolphin swim the times on the website aren't ship times; if the swim is 12:00 it's 1:00 on the ship. This is just a FYI so you aren't rushed and can enjoy your day.

I hope this helps have a wonderful trip!

Susan

Been there twice - took a cab each time a short drive from port. Go to parks website to book your dolphin swim our you can go to the park to enjoy the day on a beautiful beach. (it's rocky and good for snorkeling)

If you book a dolphin swim the times on the website aren't ship times; if the swim is 12:00 it's 1:00 on the ship. This is just a FYI so you aren't rushed and can enjoy your day.

I hope this helps have a wonderful trip!

Susan

Don't be sure about the time thing. Cozumel has moved to EST, and will stay on it year round.

Don't be sure about the time thing. Cozumel has moved to EST, and will stay on it year round.

When the time moves forward next Sunday night, Cozumel will be 1 hour behind US East Coast time. So if you ship's clock stays the same as your departure port in Miami (for example): if you are suppose to arrive in Cozumel at 8:00 am Miami time that will be 7:00 am Cozumel time.

FYI: This is for Cozumel arrivals starting Monday 3/9

When the time moves forward next Sunday night, Cozumel will be 1 hour behind US East Coast time. So if you ship's clock stays the same as your departure port in Miami (for example): if you are suppose to arrive in Cozumel at 8:00 am Miami time that will be 7:00 am Cozumel time.

oops I meant to say Saturday night.....Sunday 3/8 (replace bolded)

Edited by cupcake8503

When we were in Cozumel 2 weeks ago some guy came up to me and asked what time my phone showed as he wasn't sure if it was time to head back to his ship. My phone showed one time, my hubby's another and this man's yet another. Our ships sailed in from different coasts so I couldn't even tell him which time was correct for his purposes. It's a good idea to figure this out on the ship as some phones correct to different time zones on their own.

When we were in Cozumel 2 weeks ago some guy came up to me and asked what time my phone showed as he wasn't sure if it was time to head back to his ship. My phone showed one time, my hubby's another and this man's yet another. Our ships sailed in from different coasts so I couldn't even tell him which time was correct for his purposes. It's a good idea to figure this out on the ship as some phones correct to different time zones on their own.

This is why I always wear a watch and just keep it on ship time. I have a timex waterproof one that i can swim in.

Edited by cupcake8503