Freeport Grand Lucyan or Junkanoo Beach

BC18

Oh, okay. Sorry. I know our lst cruise is doing that SUPERB itinerary of Port Canaveral, Nassau and Freeport. :( The 2nd cruise is to GT, HMC and Nassau. I just assumed you were doing the SUPERB itinerary.

I don't mind staying on the ship. I LOVE the ship and it's cool being on an almost empty ship, but I do love my beach time also and Caribbean beaches are so awesome. I just don't like the time frame we have in Freeport, but if it's a super gorgeous day I might just go for a few hours and see what it's all about! Did you book the BW in Elkridge?

Yep, sure did. Crossing my fingers that it turns out like I hope. :)

We did the grand Lucayan in 2013. You buy a round trip ticket from taxi people. They either go to Junkaroo or grand lucayan. It is about 20 minutes. They will drop you off at lucayan and you get your day pass. Credit cards only. They give you a band. We used the pools and the beach. Very clean and nice. It was $15/person. When you are done, walk down to where you were dropped off. There are a lot of cabs/vans. Give your round trip ticket to them and you can go back. There are little stores and restaurants there. We got there at 8am and left at 1130, had lunch at a restaurant there and left for ship at 1pm. Back to ship at 130p. Our ship was there until 3pm. You will not be stranded re taxis. There are so many of them. I know people who went to Junkaroo or whatever it is called and hated it. Also, tip. When you get to grand lucayan, go to the left and sit by pools. There was hardly anyone there in November. They tend to stack the cruise people in one spot but you can sit elsewhere.

We did the grand Lucayan in 2013. You buy a round trip ticket from taxi people. They either go to Junkaroo or grand lucayan. It is about 20 minutes. They will drop you off at lucayan and you get your day pass. Credit cards only. They give you a band. We used the pools and the beach. Very clean and nice. It was $15/person. When you are done, walk down to where you were dropped off. There are a lot of cabs/vans. Give your round trip ticket to them and you can go back. There are little stores and restaurants there. We got there at 8am and left at 1130, had lunch at a restaurant there and left for ship at 1pm. Back to ship at 130p. Our ship was there until 3pm. You will not be stranded re taxis. There are so many of them. I know people who went to Junkaroo or whatever it is called and hated it. Also, tip. When you get to grand lucayan, go to the left and sit by pools. There was hardly anyone there in November. They tend to stack the cruise people in one spot but you can sit elsewhere.

Thanks for the info. Our ship leaves at 1:30 so obviously we will have to be back on board by 1pm. Just don't know if it's worth the $ and checking our watch all the time to have a few hours on the beach. And get up and OFF THE SHIP so early! :o:o I will take this info with me and if it's a beautiful day and we are in the mood, maybe we'll do it! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I think I meant a collective van and not a taxi. The van is $5 each way but I was wondering how hard it is to get one back to the ship from Grand Lucayan.

It is not difficult, but a "shared" van can be because you'd have to wait for couples and such going back. Most charge you a straight $25 fee for no matter how many people, but that price was quoted just for 2.