B2B-2 different ships at different ports

simon stingray

Hi all.

We have booked 2 back to back sailings but on different ships. The day we leave Connie at Port Everglades we board Reflection at Port of Miami.

I seem to recall reading on here some time ago that X offer complimentary transportation between the 2 ports if you are transferring between 2 Celebrity ships. Down anyone know if this is still offered and how to go about arranging this.

If this is no longer offered could anyone suggest the best way to transfer between the 2 ports apart from a taxi. Is there a shuttle or bus that goes between the 2 ports-surely we are not the only ones who are transferring between ports on the same day?

Our cruises are not until next year but I love to start planning as soon as we book:)

We did a B2B on the Constellation and Reflection, both were at FT Lauderdale at that time. We inquired at the Guest Relations desk, CC desk, and Captain Club host and anyone we could think of. The only advice we were given was that we were welcome to stay on board until the last group left and that our Bev pack would be honored for any drinks.

They didn't even offer to transport our luggage to the next pier.

We were kicked off around 9:30. Got our luggage and wheeled them to the curb side check in. Luckily they were accepting them as passengers were also disembarking the Reflection. After dropping off our luggage we had to kill about 1 1/2 hours before we were allowed to checkin in.

You will probably have to take a cab to the next port.

happy cruisng 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

The drive from PE to POM will take about 45-60 minutes and a cab will cost about $75+

Unless you have a large group and can book a private van you can save a few $$ by taking a cab from PE to the FLL airport (about $15) and then a shared shuttle to POM (about $15 per person). Check with Go Airport Shuttle, SAS (http://www.ridesas.com), QLS or MJS.

If you don't mind driving on the "correct side of the road" you could rent a car at FLL to do some shopping and maybe a fun lunch; drop the car at the MIA airport - National, Alamo & Thrifty offer free shuttles. In downtown Miami Avis and Budget are very close to POM - about a $12 cab ride.

If any of this helps you owe me a pint of Boddingtons! :D

Hertz also has a downtown rental office. They will transfer you to the port for free after you turn in your car. Or a cab is about $15. We usually take the cab as their van is crowded and you need to be patient as lots of people are waiting.

We just did this and Celebrity transferred us free. Our travel agent called Celebrity and arranged it for us. It was noted on our invoice but we checked with guest relations while on our first cruise. The day of departure we were 1 hr. late getting off due to customs slowing things down. The van that was to transfer us left before we got out. They finally put us and another couple on one of the big tour buses and took us to Miami. That was an expensive transfer for them!

Hertz also has a downtown rental office. They will transfer you to the port for free after you turn in your car. Or a cab is about $15. We usually take the cab as their van is crowded and you need to be patient as lots of people are waiting.

The downtown Miami Hertz office was EXTREMELY crowded and slow after our Reflection cruise last March. We were in line for well over 1.5 hours and apparently this is not unusual so be sure to allow enough time if you use them. (we also waited quite a while for the shuttle from the port to the rental office)

:(

We just did this and Celebrity transferred us free. Our travel agent called Celebrity and arranged it for us. It was noted on our invoice but we checked with guest relations while on our first cruise. The day of departure we were 1 hr. late getting off due to customs slowing things down. The van that was to transfer us left before we got out. They finally put us and another couple on one of the big tour buses and took us to Miami. That was an expensive transfer for them!
Thanks for letting us know they are doing this again. But it would be nice to know if they have really gone back to the old policy, or if they just made an exception for you.

When we did it a few years ago in the opposite direction (Miami to Port Everglades) they comped a limo for us from one ship to the next, which was really a comfortable, effortless way to do it.

I'd call Celebrity direct and ask them, in fact call their Captain's Club phone number, youre members and thry should take care of you.

If they won't provide transportation, take a shared shuttle to the airport (miami), then tske a shared shuttle to the port.

Still, i think Celebrity will take care of youb youre spending enough on the two cruises, right?

I will contact Captains Club and ask if they are able to assist with transfers. Great to hear that they have been willing to do this previously.

Also great idea to post on our roll call to see if there are any others on our sailing who have the same plans and may want to share a shuttle to POM.

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions & advice-I think we have a number of options we can consider. I am really trying to avoid using a cab if at all possible-Fort Lauderdale cab drivers & I don't seem to get along too well but that's another story:)

Suggest you get online and simply do a search. I know there are several shuttle companies that can get you from the pier in FLL to Maimi. Suggest you search exactly that in both the internet AND on cruise critic using advanced search. I too remember several people discussing doing exactly this.