Need help on Drink Package Decision

Heading out on the Adventure of the Seas and my DH and I are thinking about getting the biggest drink package. Does it include gratuities? Do you feel it is worth it? What amount of drinks do you think make it worth it? Are Starbucks coffee included? Is champagne included?? I normally get the soda package and we get a case of water..so that makes up the part of the cost. We are Diamnd level and get some drinks...just not sure. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

Heading out on the Adventure of the Seas and my DH and I are thinking about getting the biggest drink package. Does it include gratuities? Do you feel it is worth it? What amount of drinks do you think make it worth it? Are Starbucks coffee included? Is champagne included?? I normally get the soda package and we get a case of water..so that makes up the part of the cost. We are Diamnd level and get some drinks...just not sure. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

Gratuities will be added at the time you purchase the package. No additional gratuities will be charged when you order drinks.

Cappucino, Espresso, and Latte type drinks are included. They may or may not use Starbucks brand coffee beans. Champagne is included.

Hi. First off, you are both getting the package, correct? As mentioned, it includes gratuities , I think it's 18% now. Feel free to add tips to your waiter/bartender- we usually throw an extra dollar on.

the breakeven point depends on which drinks you get. On average with a few beers, a few mixed/frozen drinks/a couple fancy coffee drinks/day that should get you pretty close. Depends what you drink and how early you start, we usually get something light a fruity first things.

remember the top packages include water too, so stay hydrated and drink up.

Not sure on the champagne and starbucks, so I'll let someone else answer that..

Forgot to mention if you both get a package and don't necessarily want the coffee drinks, etc, you can get 2 different packages. My wife is getting the top tier package and I'm getting the next one down on our upcoming cruise, since I don't care if I have a coffee drink. I'll be fine with beer and mixed drinks :D

I think the ability to try whatever drink I want, whenever I want and how many I want makes it more than worth it even if we don't break even monetarily - but I'm sure we will :), if I try a drink and don't like it, I can go get another and no worries about the huge bar bill at the end of the week.

WE are Diamond and we were also in a suite and we bought drink package and will buy it again in April cruise, Yes Champagne is included you can have it with breakfast if you like, better selection of drinks than Diamond club or CL, for us 5 or 6 drinks a day is break even, wine per glass is so much better with the 55 a day package than DL

Break even point will vary.

For example if you get the top package but only drink drinks that are in the bottom package you might need 10 or 12 drinks to break even, but generally if you are drinking at or near the top price in the package about 6 is the mark.

While you can get a package for one person in a cabin and both don't need to purchase, you are not permitted to share drinks from the package with others in your cabin.

I always get the $49.00 package. Does not include OJ or Coffee, but I drink my coffee black and I could live w/o OJ for a week. I know I break even, and the real question than is it worth it? I think so. Plus I do try different drinks now, and will even drink wine - since I'm not afraid it will be distasteful! It includes bottled water and soda and it's nice not to think about drink packages. Tips are included.

One side note. If you are going on a port intensive trip, such as yours, or one with multiple days at see can also affect of how much you drink. Something to keep in mind. After about the 6th drink you are in the clear.

The other reason it is worth it is sheer convenience, you simply don't have to think about it, just walk up flash your card get a drink, not Oh do I want a drink bad enough to pay the inflated prices or will I leave it for a while and save some money. I'm on holidays for goodness sake, I don't want to worry about that sort of thing.

We just cruised Independence and DH got the top package. Beers average just over $7 with the tip and mixed drinks $12, Captain and Coke $8.75 glass of wine the same. Anything over $12 even with the package you get charged the difference. Keep in mind that even though gratuity is added to the package they give you a receipt to add additional tips.

We decided next cruise not to get the package. It didn't quiet justify itself for us too full on the variety of food to be drinking. Some however started their morning with Bloody Mary's and continued all day might have been worth it for them

Starbucks is not included...Enjoy your cruise

I bought one for DW as a Christmas Gift. Grats were included but we also tipped individual bartenders who performed service above and beyond. Two at the Plaza Bar quickly came to know DW and had her preferences memorized by Day 3.

We were in a suite so this was in addition to what all she managed in the CL.

A friend had told us the only thing on the ship excluded should have been Louis XIII brandy, but we never went after any upper-tier liquors and discovered all Champagne is not created equal. You can get the lower-tier stuff but the better ones bumped into the per-glass ceiling. We heard a lot of mixed stories on this one. We also went with the Ultimate package because of the "bottomless bubbly" promo they were doing Nov-Jan and, well, the details of that promo never seemed to get to all the ships.

I really don't know about the coffee as we went from Premium to Ultimate for the Bubbly Promo and neither of us are big on coffee. There was no Starbucks on Indy so couldn't tell if the rules are different on the "Branded" stuff.

You don't need to buy a package for everyone in the room, but you can get your package pulled if you expect to buy one package and share and get caught. Just honor the spirit of the rules and you'll be fine. By time the guys at the Plaza Bar had DW's preferences memorized, they'd offer me whatever and not run it thru. We asked them if she was at the pool and needed me to fetch a drink with her card would that be OK, they said when they swipe the card the guest photo comes up (and showed us - so careless sharers WILL get caught!!!), but would let me because they were clear I was with her. Again, the value of tipping and making sure good servers are recognized and rewarded. Jerry and Nikola on Independence. Good guys.

This also removed any confusion at dinner, but also thwarted attempts to keep track of how many drinks per day, when she'd let the waiter know to just "keep the wine glass full."

Finally, the best part of this was there was no "surprise" awaiting on the Sea Pass statement on Day 8. No questions about what all we drank on what night and how many and what bar. You paid for it up front. It's DONE. Just enjoy the cruise without the temptation to beancount.

Hope this helps you out.

Now lest anyone worry, DW works 3rd shift in the medical industry with the potential to be on call and basically gets to indulge only on vacation.

Break even point will vary.

For example if you get the top package but only drink drinks that are in the bottom package you might need 10 or 12 drinks to break even, but generally if you are drinking at or near the top price in the package about 6 is the mark.

For my wife and I, when we are on vacation, we cross that mark at usually between 2 or 3 PM. Definitely worth it for us. My wife likes the Martinis & Wine, and I like just about anything.

dp

After reading all of your comments we've decided we are all in with purchasing two of the packages for both of us! :)

Now no need to bring on a Couple of Bottles of Wine or Bottled Water!

Thanks to you all...........

For my wife and I, when we are on vacation, we cross that mark at usually between 2 or 3 PM. Definitely worth it for us. My wife likes the Martinis & Wine, and I like just about anything.

dp

I no longer drink alcohol, but really wouldn't like to cruise without a Soda package,

a. because I break even just after breakfast and

b. the sheer convenience.

once worked out I might save about $5 over a cruise by getting Diet Coke at a Supermarket and taking cartons on, but then I'd have to run, or in my case waddle with a limp, back to my cabin every half hour for another can.

After reading all of your comments we've decided we are all in with purchasing two of the packages for both of us! :)

Now no need to bring on a Couple of Bottles of Wine or Bottled Water!

Thanks to you all...........

You don't need two packages each you know one each is plenty. rofl.gif

We tried the Ultimate package last time, but the coffee isn't wonderful, even if you order cappuccino. So this time, we're going for the Premium. Neither of us drink much fruit juice, and we can live without fizzy water and fancy coffee for 11 days.

Is grey goose and jack Daniels part of the premium package or do I have to get the most expensive package. Those are the two type of booze my husband and I like the most so I want to make sure I get a package that includes it.

Thanks

Is grey goose and jack Daniels part of the premium package or do I have to get the most expensive package. Those are the two type of booze my husband and I like the most so I want to make sure I get a package that includes it.

Thanks

There is no difference in the alcoholic drinks included between the Premium and Ultimate packages.

Are you allowed to purchase just one per Cabin or does everyone in the Cabin have to purchase?

If one person wants a package and the others don't, you can buy just the one for that person. If one person wants one package and another person wants another package, that can be done. Just wanted to make sure you understand that a package is for ONE person, not for the stateroom.

OP, on Adventure of the Seas you won't have a branded Starbucks. Therefore, the places you can buy espresso drinks will be included. If you were on Oasis or Allure you could get espresso drinks with Replenish or Ultimate from the Latte-tudes or Cafe Promenade type of espresso place onboard, but you canNOT get them from the actual Starbucks onboard.

Heading out on the Adventure of the Seas and my DH and I are thinking about getting the biggest drink package. Does it include gratuities? Do you feel it is worth it? What amount of drinks do you think make it worth it? Are Starbucks coffee included? . Thanks

Not mentioned yet in this thread but stand alone Starbucks are not included correct?