Visa for Vietnam

mactire

We will soon be off on a cruise on Diamond Princess from Sydney to Singapore. We have two stops in Vietnam. Princess will provide a visa for Vietnam when we get there but they don't say whether it is multiple entry. Anyone got any info on this.

Thanks for any help.

Patrick

We will soon be off on a cruise on Diamond Princess from Sydney to Singapore. We have two stops in Vietnam. Princess will provide a visa for Vietnam when we get there but they don't say whether it is multiple entry. Anyone got any info on this.

Thanks for any help.

Patrick

Sorry, I don't remember if it was a double entry visa, but the one Princess got worked in Na Trang and HCM City. Since those ports are consecutive, a single entry may be enough.

Thanks for any help.

Patrick

Is there a reason you are concerned about this since whatever Princess does will be what is needed for this cruise?

We are stopping in Nha Trang and Saigon. We are joining some other passengers for a private tour in Nha Trang and will probably take a ships excursion in Saigon. I don't want to have to pay the visa twice.

Patrick

We are stopping in Nha Trang and Saigon. We are joining some other passengers for a private tour in Nha Trang and will probably take a ships excursion in Saigon. I don't want to have to pay the visa twice.

Patrick

On our cruise on the Diamond Princess in 2012, we stopped at the same ports. My passport has only one Vietnamese stamp. It was good for both ports. Although we took Princess tours in both ports, there was no shoreside checking of documents at either. You should be good on your private tour.

As I recall (and my memory is often faulty), the ship kept our passports while we were in Vietnam.

Patrick

You definitely won't be charged twice. Enjoy Vietnam and your cruise. We are visiting the same 2 ports next year.

Patrick

When we took a private tour there, the tour vender passed on what they called a fee for entering the port area. It was suspiciously close to the cost of the visa fee.

I always wondered did I pay the fee twice, once to Princess and once to the vendor.

When we took a private tour there, the tour vender passed on what they called a fee for entering the port area. It was suspiciously close to the cost of the visa fee.

I always wondered did I pay the fee twice, once to Princess and once to the vendor.

Seems to be standard practice in Vietnam that the Vendors are charged a fee by the port authority per head to enter the port to collect you. For some stops we arranged to meet the vendor outside the port gates and there was no charge.