150 Central Park Restaurant ?

I will be on Oasis shortly and pre booked reservations at 150 Central Park and paid $40 per person, I just noticed on the a recent Oasis cruise compass that the fee is listed at $30 per person. Does anyone know why its $10 cheaper to book while aboard?

No I don't but I can advise, just off Oasis on Saturday, that it wax not at all busy there and they were offering 50% off at least two nights we strolled by and they were looking for customers.

No I don't but I can advise, just off Oasis on Saturday, that it wax not at all busy there and they were offering 50% off at least two nights we strolled by and they were looking for customers.

Thanks for the info. I had reservations for the first night of my cruise at $40 per person for 150 Central Park. I just called Royal to find out if I find the price is cheaper on board would that difference be credited to me in a refund or an on board credit or not at all. Unfortunately the over seas rep had no idea what I was talking about and was not able to answer my question so I just had her cancel the reservation completely and I might re-book once on board for the 50% discount deal.

On a side note I am in medical billing and I deal with over seas reps all day long. They are very nice, hard working, intelligent people. But they are just not given the same training and tools that an on shore phone rep has access to and therefore are set up for failure in a lot of situations. It is not their fault, it is managements fault. I asked a relatively easy question that should have taken a minute to get the answer to. Instead I just wasted 15 minutes on the phone and at first the rep didn't even know how to cancel the reservation. I got the confirmation email and everything looks correct, but for a minute I was worried she might cancel my whole cruise or really screw something up. If RCI is going to outsource the telephone customer service rep jobs to other countries I have no problem with that, but they have to give these people the same tools and training someone here at their headquarter office would have. Just my 2 cents.

We pre-booked 3 specialty restaurants on Quantum last week in order to get the nights we wanted. With 3 you get a 20% credit. We did Chops on night 1. As D+ had a BOGO for any specialty restaurant on night 1. I told the restaurant, and they refunded our pre-paid $70 as OBC, and charged $35. Then a few days later we had an OBC of $58 (20% of what we pre-paid for 3). So, we not only got the BOGO, but also a credit for 20% of the entire amount we pre-paid! I know others have had to fight with Guest Services to get the OBC of 20%, but for us, it was very easy with nothing more than mentioning our discount to the restaurant.

Waiting till you board will help because you can speak with the Maitr'd and get a discount on first day. We go to the specialties first thing on boarding.

150 is fabulous! And it is worth every cent of whatever they charge you, my best cruise meal ever!!!!!

Edited by BecciBoo

Some things I learned, not specific to 150, which I highly recommend. Refunds are not usually given for "sales". IF you ask nicely, they will discount it at the restaurant. The last several cruises I went on, "sales" happened on board, and you must grab it when offered. It is better to book on board if you are flexible and wait for a sale opportunity. I now only book on board.

As mentioned, Oasis has been running 50% off offers on night one and formal nights and sometimes port days for all specialty dining. As this is not combinable with other offers it can be wise to just book at any specialty restaurant just after embarkation.

On the Oasis TA, 150 was fully booked for all the nights where they were offering the 50% discount, but for those that booked the first couple of days of the sailing reservations were available.

The other thing to watch with 150 is that the wine pairing option is in addition to the fee for dining. Many think the $75 wine pairing includes the meal.

• 3 weeks later...
As mentioned, Oasis has been running 50% off offers on night one and formal nights and sometimes port days for all specialty dining. As this is not combinable with other offers it can be wise to just book at any specialty restaurant just after embarkation.

On the Oasis TA, 150 was fully booked for all the nights where they were offering the 50% discount, but for those that booked the first couple of days of the sailing reservations were available.

The other thing to watch with 150 is that the wine pairing option is in addition to the fee for dining. Many think the $75 wine pairing includes the meal.

Anyone know if this is being offered on the Allure as well?