Transfer TA's

lrockwitt

Okay.. Can I transfer it to Princess and get my same rate? Or cancel it and then find another TA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the TA has a group rate . You'll probably have to cancel and then rebook with Princess or the other TA. The TA might charge a cancellation fee.

Last year, I finally got fed up with the service I was getting from my TA and decided to shop around. A frequent and well respected CC member happened to be on my Roll Call, so I asked her for suggestions by private e-mail. She gave me two referrals and I contacted one of them explaining I was unhappy with my TA and would like to transfer my current Princess booking. I was afraid I might have to cancel and rebook, thus possibly lose the current promotion and my eZAir booking. Her reply was "You wouldn’t have to cancel and rebook. I can take over your current booking. Just need the booking number." It has been a great relationship ever since.

Okay.. Can I transfer it to Princess and get my same rate? Or cancel it and then find another TA?

To transfer your booking to Princess or another TA , original TA must agree to release it to them .

As far as retaining your price . If original TA gave you a discount , Princess won't match but another TA may .

Either way , it is rare that a TA will give it up just because you requested it .

they can't cancel without your ok....well they can but, they could end up in court if they damage your vacation...or cost you more money to reschedule it...I just recently shifted a booking between TA's ecause one was willing to offer MUCH more in OBC...(over 1700.00 more) I gave them a chance to meet it...when they would not..I had them transfer the booking...which they did with no problem

It is at best a maybe. Your original TA must agree and at a minimum will be unhappy. I would only do so if you are getting horrible service. I have heard of an angry TA cancelling the reservation.

why transfer it to princess?....find a GOOD TA that will give you the same price or better and OBC

they can't cancel without your ok....well they can but, they could end up in court if they damage your vacation...or cost you more money to reschedule it...I just recently shifted a booking between TA's ecause one was willing to offer MUCH more in OBC...(over 1700.00 more) I gave them a chance to meet it...when they would not..I had them transfer the booking...which they did with no problem

You were lucky...the TA could just as easily have refused to transfer it and you'd have been stuck cancelling and rebooking etc...

To OP, your TA may give various responses, in part it will likely depend how much work they have put in on your booking. If you had them do a lot to get to the point of the booking, like searching out several cruise options research various add-ons, etc...they likely will not just turn it over to another agent who then gets paid for all the work already done on the rez. If you are just going for a better offer from another TA, think about what you've asked the first TA to do, and if it amounts to more than just a few minutes of their time don't expect them to say fine let me give it to someone else to get paid for the booking.

Better to give up a booking then get an upset client that will blast them over the net...

you were lucky...the ta could just as easily have refused to transfer it and you'd have been stuck cancelling and rebooking etc...

To op, your ta may give various responses, in part it will likely depend how much work they have put in on your booking. If you had them do a lot to get to the point of the booking, like searching out several cruise options research various add-ons, etc...they likely will not just turn it over to another agent who then gets paid for all the work already done on the rez. If you are just going for a better offer from another ta, think about what you've asked the first ta to do, and if it amounts to more than just a few minutes of their time don't expect them to say fine let me give it to someone else to get paid for the booking.