Anthem of the Seas Sails year round 2016 & 2017 from Cape Liberty

Anthem at cape liberty year round to bad.Guess you can't win them all. :(

Guess we will have to get use to flying again.

It's honestly just comical hearing this. For years, a very vocal group on here was frustrated and saying Bayonne was neglected by RCI by giving them the "old" Explorer.

As soon as the ship is replaced by the brand new Quantum and Anthem, its likely the same group that is complaining that the prices are high and they're flying somewhere else for an older ship. What did people expect? Its brand new ship... You can't have it both ways!

It's honestly just comical hearing this. For years, a very vocal group on here was frustrated and saying Bayonne was neglected by RCI by giving them the "old" Explorer.

As soon as the ship is replaced by the brand new Quantum and Anthem, its likely the same group that is complaining that the prices are high and they're flying somewhere else for an older ship. What did people expect? Its brand new ship... You can't have it both ways!

That's only one posters opinion. I'm thrilled we are getting a new ship. I'm getting ready for my 3rd cruise on Quantum, and love the ship. I didn't have any of the problems on my sailings that people have been talking about. We'll see what happens with number 3.

The only thing I'm disappointed in is there are no 7 night cruises to Bermuda.

Edited by gaylemh

Agreed. People just love to complain.

That's only one posters opinion. I'm thrilled we are getting a new ship. I'm getting ready for my 3rd cruise on Quantum, and love the ship. I didn't have any of the problems on my sailings that people have been talking about. We'll see what happens with number 3.

Thrilled that we're getting a new ship. Not thrilled that it's the Q class.

I will say that one of my favorite ships to sail on was the Serenade of the Seas.

She was beautiful and elegant, but didn't have many "features".

I would put Quantum class in the same category.

The real draw was the selection of restaurants here, which was to set her apart from the rest.

But now they're rolling out the same restaurants to other ships, making them more appealing to me.

I have children, so Oasis Class, to me was ground breaking and a terrific all-around ship for families.

Now that Harmony will be getting the great dining experiences offered on Quantum class, i'm not sure what she has to offer that would make her better than the other ships.

BTW - I agree that we're all a bunch of winers :-)

Edited by Overtyme

The other day, I wasn't able to even select dates as far out as Summer 2016.

Today, I'm able to select those dates, but there are no results returned.

I think we're getting close!!!

Especially since the press release basically announced the schedule. So now it's about getting them up on the web.

Probably in the next day or two :D

BTW - I didn't see Harmony's Itinerary mentioned in the press release.

Just that it's a new ship joining the fleet.

Also what about Ovation's itinerary?

Edited by Overtyme

The other day, I wasn't able to even select dates as far out as Summer 2016.

Today, I'm able to select those dates, but there are no results returned.

I think we're getting close!!!

Especially since the press release basically announced the schedule. So now it's about getting them up on the web.

Probably in the next day or two :D

BTW - I didn't see Harmony's Itinerary mentioned in the press release.

Just that it's a new ship joining the fleet.

Also what about Ovation's itinerary?

They did mention it.

Harmony from Barcelona in the summer then repositioning to FLL in winter. Oasis to port Canaveral..

What I founded the most interesting was that there was no mention of Ovation. I'm sure that she will sail from Southampton in the summer of 2016 but what about the winter? Seems that the Caribbean is very full. All the usual routes have been assigned and they even added a new 5/9 day rotation for. Navigator out of Miami. Maybe straight to Asia?

They did mention it.

Harmony from Barcelona in the summer then repositioning to FLL in winter. Oasis to port Canaveral..

What I founded the most interesting was that there was no mention of Ovation. I'm sure that she will sail from Southampton in the summer of 2016 but what about the winter? Seems that the Caribbean is very full. All the usual routes have been assigned and they even added a new 5/9 day rotation for. Navigator out of Miami. Maybe straight to Asia?

I would think that they send one of the Oasis Class ships to Asia, since they already sent Quantum over there.

Just to show some variety.

It would be so nice to have an Oasis class ship out of New York:D

I agree! I was hoping RC would have weekly cruises to Bermuda. I don't care for the other ships available. 5 nights is not enough time on the Anthem or any Royal ship.

Edited by sauvichick

Am I reading it correctly, can we book march 11th for Harmony (if prices aren't too high:eek: for summer 2017, and Harmony will be in caribbean correct?

This itinerary release will only include up to April 2016.

Atleast in 2016, it seems Harmony will start from Barcelona for the summer, and then switch to Fort Lauderdale in the winter. We won't know until this time next year what will be happening with summer 2017.

Are the itineraries were being released for all of 2016? Does anyone know the Fall of 2016 scheduled for Anthem from Bayonne as of yet?

The only port where she calls in the fall that published bookings shows Anthem calling at Portland ME every 14 nights from August 28th to October 9th.

As they have stated she sails on 9 night Canada sailings in their press release, I do not know if that means she is doing 5 night Bermuda sailings or something alternating with these. That would explain the 9 night pattern.

They did not say she was doing these though in the press release. Alternatively, they could change the port bookings.

I think they are releasing Canada on March 11th along with the Caribbean.

Wow great news!!! When we were on our Quantum voyage in January, they said Anthem would be going to Asia as well after in Spring of 2016 and not to return like Quantum. We have two cruises booked on the Anthem due to that because we loved the Quantum so much. And wow.....the Anthem doing the Canada/New England run that the Liberty is doing now that we also have a booking on (hope she is a good ship). I am happy as well with the news of Oasis not going to China after all (said on our January cruise) and Harmony staying over here as well. Good news all around. :)

Don't paint us all with the same brush. I was vocal and wanted a new ship here, thought we had earned it by selling out Explorer a million times over. The prices I had expected, RCCL has to recoup the money spend on building a magnificent ship.