Best Quantum Foods

O.92

Leaving on the Quantum in a week (3/13). I just wanted to know: what are the best foods aboard the Quantum? Is there anything everyone seems to be raving about?

Just want to make sure I don't miss it! :D

Leaving on the Quantum in a week (3/13). I just wanted to know: what are the best foods aboard the Quantum? Is there anything everyone seems to be raving about?

The Roast Beef sandwich at 2 70 café. They start servicing this about 11:30. Best time to go to 270 café is the day you get on the ship.

sailnjmom49

Coastal Kitchen if you are eligible to get in. The lamb and beef tenderloin were standouts for us. The Salted Carmel pudding for dessert was the best dessert we had on the ship.

Agree with the roast beef at Two70 Cafe.

Jamie's was also excellent. I had the lasagna, DH has the pasta primavara.

Sorrento's pizza is a joke on most other ships (cardboard).... but check out these pictures from Sorrento's on Quantum. Excellent pizza for a change of pace at lunch, and by far the best pizza ever on any RCI ship I've tried

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45095008&highlight=pizza#post45095008

Although American Icon was a disappointment overall for me, they had the best desert. And I had it by mistake. Scroll down to the 4th and 5th pictures in this post with a little review of American Icon that night. The 5th picture no one was ordering, didn't sound the greatest on the menu, but was excellent!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45049102&highlight=icon#post45049102

The lamb shank at The Grande was the very best lamb on any RCI ship.

Later in the evening the couple of times I ventured up to the Windjammer and went to the bread baking/pastry area, they had full trays of cookies fresh & warm out of the oven, soft and gooey! :D:D

The lasagna at jamie's was my favorite main meal on the ship. It's a little untraditional - in addition to the pasta, meat and sauce it has pumpkin which makes it a little sweet - but it was delicious.

The crispy chicken with dijon jus at Chic was my favorite dish out of all the complementary restaurants.

My favorite quick bites were the asian noodle salad at cafe 270 and the chicken roti rollup at cafe promenade. the roti is the tiniest bit spicy, but i'm a spice wimp and i could handle it ok as long as i only ate one.

My favorite dessert was the brownie at jamie's, with salted caramel ice cream instead of vanilla - i know an ice cream brownie sounds boring, but it was one of the best brownies i've ever had, super rich and dark and chewy. the rest of my table (party of 6) loved the lemon merengue cake there (it may have been a cheesecake - i can't remember, since i didn't eat it), but citrus is not my preference so i can't weigh in. The baked alaska at wonderland was also surprisingly good.

My favorite non-alcoholic drink (i had the royal replenish package) was the rosewater lemonade at the 270 bar. The gourmet hot chocolates at la patisserie were also wonderful, especially the banana one (i was skeptical, but boy was it good!).

Hope that helps! :)

I loved the Lasagna at Jamie's as well. Also loved the Meat Plank. We went twice. I heard the price of Jamie's went up, it was $15 for lunch when we went and loved it.

Kummelweck Sandwich (Cafe@Two70), Nebraska Short Ribs (AIG), Apricot Glazed Pork Chop (AIG), Crispy Crusted Chicken (Chic), Chicken Tiki Masala (Silk)

Best desert was Epic Brownie (Jamie's) & Warm Chocolate Skillet Cookie (AIG).

See for yourself...

Hi

These probably aren't the most exciting foods, but I thought they were really good on Quantum...

The fresh baked chocolate chip cookies at the Windjammer (warm and gooey)

The yogurt/granola parfait at Café 270.

Noreen

Hi

These probably aren't the most exciting foods, but I thought they were really good on Quantum...

The fresh baked chocolate chip cookies at the Windjammer (warm and gooey)

The yogurt/granola parfait at Café 270.

Noreen

I'll second all of the breads and freshly baked cookies at the Bakery in the WJ. One evening, while docked in San Juan and just about everything on the ship was closed, we ventured to the WJ and surprised at the food stuff they had for dinner. Past station and shrimp scampi cooked in front of you, Italian antipasti station to die for and the ice cream station with all of it's trimming. Too bad we had already had dinner at American Icon Grille.

If you like fish, Chilean Sea Bass at Chic was very good and they also had a chocolate torte to die for. Also, enjoyed lobster tail(s) at Grande and Silk.

The crispy chicken with dijon jus at Chic was my favorite dish out of all the complementary restaurants.

Wow, I totally forgot about that chicken at Chic. I had it on night one and enjoyed it as well.

I also loved the cookies at the windjammer, the beef on weck at Two70, Forrest Mushroom Soup at Chops (on every RCI Ship), made to order omelette station at windjammer, meat plank at Jamie's, little desserts at Two70, lobster at Grande and surprisingly the prime rib at several of the free restaurants was pretty good.