Celebrity changed stateroom

I booked a balcony 1B-9134 balcony stateroom in January for a Celebrity Solstice cruise in September this year through Celebrity Aus site. I've just received an email from Celebrity saying they have changed it to a 1B- GTY. I'm not happy. I will ring Celebrity when I get home. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

I booked a balcony 1B-9134 balcony stateroom in January for a Celebrity Solstice cruise in September this year through Celebrity Aus site. I've just received an email from Celebrity saying they have changed it to a 1B- GTY. I'm not happy. I will ring Celebrity when I get home. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

It hasn't happened to me, and I wouldn't be happy as we have some pretty specific requirements in a cabin.

But they do reserve that right, along with just about any other, in the contract.

Please let us know how it works out.

Is it a wheelchair accessible room? They can bump you if they need that room. Might have double booked that specific cabin? Give them a buzz for sure.

No. Its not a wheelchair accessible room. I phoned Celebrity and was told they are doing a test on the booking and may have had a problem with the website. He could not confirm the reason though. He did guarantee that I will still get the Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom I booked.

yes even tho you did book a cabin # its only a request and not guaranteed, it is in their t&c that it can be changed for operational reasons

I had a discussion some time ago about this and was told that if you book a specific cabin and get a booking confirmation from them, then it is no longer a request but a guarantee . Any change by them after that has to have an explanation. They cannot just give your room to someone else and expect you to take whatever is available.

I had a discussion some time ago about this and was told that if you book a specific cabin and get a booking confirmation from them, then it is no longer a request but a guarantee . Any change by them after that has to have an explanation. They cannot just give your room to someone else and expect you to take whatever is available.

Not what the contract says, I expect they are loath to do it, but reserve the right to.

You need to remember that if they have not filled the ship they will move passengers around so that they can fill up "blocks" of cabins . ......this then frees up staff members , who can be transferred to other depts.

You need to remember that if they have not filled the ship they will move passengers around so that they can fill up "blocks" of cabins . ......this then frees up staff members , who can be transferred to other depts.

Doesn't really happen much now. Cost of airfare/hotel/transferring staff outweighs any benefits anyway (plus it's not like there's a great unplanned need for them elsewhere).

Primary aim is to fill the ship up, and they do achieve close to that in probably 98% of cases.

We were on the Millennium last year, cruising with friends from the States. We booked both rooms at the same time, next to eachother. At the terminal on embarkation, our friends were informed they had a different stateroom. Same category balcony, but totally different area. Worked out ok, but we were all surprised at the late change. This cruise was sold out months before we left home.

Edited by bobhsv