New bar menu

GUEST080219

I think that is a thing of the past. I remember that star bar martini menu fondly, but you will not get martinis like that now unless you bring the receipes with you and hope you find a bar tender with the skill to make them.

bummer!

Edited by BeachMartini

Here is a list of drinks that appeared on the old menus -

http://www.pdf-archive.com/2015/03/08/drinks/drinks.pdf

Obviously no idea of the new prices, or if included in the UBP, or even whether the bartenders know how to make them.

Thanks for the list that's much easier to download to my phone then all of the menu pictures.

I bet a million dollars that if you order a margarita, you can have one. I also bet that if you order a strawberry daquiri you can have one. Like I said in the other thread, NCL is not trying to put themselves out of business. You were always able to order things previously that were not on the menu. There is absolutely no reason to think that has changed. Have you ever been to a bar in your entire life where the only drinks you could order were those that appeared on drink menus? Maybe a beer list, but otherwise, it just doesn't work that way.

^^^ That about sums it up... I don't think there will ever be a time where you are only limited to ordering from a menu ...

Obviously no idea of the new prices, or if included in the UBP, or even whether the bartenders know how to make them.

Thanks for providing this. I have printed a copy and will take it with me. Can't wait to try some new drinks!:D

Thanks for making this list! I just took pics of all of the menus, but this is much better.

Does anyone have a picture of the mojito menu from the Getaway?

NCL has converted its Blue Lagoons into O'Sheehan's Irish pubs.

But, per the new bar menu, there is to be no Irish beer.

Now, that IS Irish!

Perhaps because it is a pub there are addition varieties only available in O'Sheehan's. Can any one confirm, one way or the other?

We sail on Monday and a pint or two o' the black stuff on St Paddy's Day would go down right well, so it would.

Edited by Canuker

Anyone have an alternate link or a clean way to download the file? I tried several times and brings me up to several sites that want me to run .exe file and my Antivirus is flagging as virus!

All of the drinks of the day are available every day (just for the normal, higher price). At least that's how it used to be. Now I don't see any of the old drinks of the day on this new menu (Cherry Lime-Aid, Rebellious Fish, Painkiller, Pisco Punch, Blue Lagoon, Tequila Sunrise, Daydreamer's Daiquiri).

Now I'm sure everyone is correct that classic cocktails are still available, and probably also the NCL inventions that are no longer listed. But we don't know the prices, and that is slightly annoying if you have the UBP, and extremely annoying if you don't.

On the Dawn last week - drink of the day

Day 1 - Embarkation - Bon Voyage - $8.50

Day 2 - Sea Day - Rebellious Fish - $6.95

Day 3 - Cozumel - PainKiller - $6.95

Day 4 - Belize - Pisco Punch - $6.95

Day 5 - Roatan - Blue Lagoon - $6.95

Day 6 - Costa Maya - Tequila Sunrise - $6.95

Day 7 - Sea Day - Daydreamer's Daiquiri - $6.95

I can't seem to find anything in the current promos terms and conditions regarding a change from $10 to $11 for drinks in the UBP. When you click on the promo box on the NCL homepage and scroll to the bottom it has a link to the promos terms and conditions. They updated the gratuities from 15% to 18% and changed all the dates however it still states the drink max as $10. Am I missing something?

It doesn't really matter, there are only a few drinks over $10 even with the new pricing and those are all variations on martinis.

On the Dawn last week - drink of the day

Day 1 - Embarkation - Bon Voyage - $8.50

Day 2 - Sea Day - Rebellious Fish - $6.95

Day 3 - Cozumel - PainKiller - $6.95

Day 4 - Belize - Pisco Punch - $6.95

Day 5 - Roatan - Blue Lagoon - $6.95

Day 6 - Costa Maya - Tequila Sunrise - $6.95

Day 7 - Sea Day - Daydreamer's Daiquiri - $6.95

Thanks! That's great news: The DOD prices haven't gone up! :) But did you happen to notice the regular, everyday prices? Just before March 1, they used to be $7.25 (Cherry Lime-aid, huge discount there :p), $8.25 (Painkiller), $9.25 (DD, Blue Lagoon, Pisco Punch, RF), $10 (Tequila Sunrise).

What I noticed last week is that the bar stock has decreased so it seems that they will not be able to make a lot of these things. I blame this directly on the UBP. In order for NCL to make money on this package they have to keep liquor costs down and they do that by eliminating the items that are not used a lot, thus all the foo foo drinks are gone.

Thanks! That's great news: The DOD prices haven't gone up! :) But did you happen to notice the regular, everyday prices? Just before March 1, they used to be $7.25 (Cherry Lime-aid, huge discount there :p), $8.25 (Painkiller), $9.25 (DD, Blue Lagoon, Pisco Punch, RF), $10 (Tequila Sunrise).

Sorry I didn't - I drink all my liquor neat so I never pay any attention to the mixed up stuff. I pulled those items from the dailys that I have, and the regular prices are not on the drink menu.

But that person on Gem also said the drinks on the menu were the only drinks that were included under the UBP which isn't correct. You can still order any drink you want as long as it's under $11. So if you have an old menu go ahead and order something off it. I'm sure they can still make it for you.

I am the person from the Gem, and my data plan on my phone prevented me from uploading the photos. I did NOT ignore the post (just getting back home now).

There was major confusion about this menu, and indeed many people were quite ticked off. It was the sole menu at every bar (with the exception of some specialty drinks at the paid restaurants).

We were specifically told by a number of bartenders that we could not order drinks from past menus, as they had no way of charging those drinks.

The UBP had a 10.00 Max on day 1-5 of the cruise, and then (this comes from an officer) they raised it to $11 because of the number of complaints. Even to the very last day, some bartenders were still unaware of the change to $11. Specific to the $11 portion, when I showed the CC post showing the $11 Max, I was told that was on sailings of 7 days or less. Not 10 days (this answer came from the service desk). Confusion, to say the least.

For the first few days, if you wanted Grey G. & OJ, you had to order the two separate, or the cost would be $10.50 going over the UBP.

They absolutely started to relax on this by the mid week, but (again coming from the officer) it was because there were many complaints.

With all of that said, the ship was amazing, and we had an amazing time. This is my 20th with NCL, and I will be going on another within 6 months. There were definitely many issues with the recent change, however.

ADDITION: Here's a tip for those on board: Go to O'Sheehan's, pick up a menu, and open it (but realllly open it). The middle portion with a number of great drinks is actually glued shut. Someone figured that out at the table on the side of us, day 2, and tried to order one of the drinks and was told that they could not.

Edited by ncldawn

Anyone have an alternate link or a clean way to download the file? I tried several times and brings me up to several sites that want me to run .exe file and my Antivirus is flagging as virus!

It was a random pick, and seemed fine, but if you are having problems, try this one instead - http://www22.zippyshare.com/v/lFzcbKkI/file.html or if you have a preferred drop site, let me know and I will stick it on there.

Exactly! I concur, lol! What was funny to me was that he was labeled for being a troll bc he was reporting what no one wanted to hear and it was supposedly substantiated bc he was on the boards for about 5 years with a limited amount of posts.

I only come here when I have a cruise with a deposit paid plus I also sail DCL whose passengers typically use a whole different board. I may be away for a while but I may be on another board or planning a land vaykay. Believe it or not there is more than cruising out there, lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I promise you that my feelings are not hurt. I cruise a minimum of 2 times a year, and sometimes 3. I was stating the facts of that day. Almost every past NCL person on that ship familiar with the old menus felt the same way. Changes were definitely made on that sailing because of it.

I'll post again in 5 - 10 years ;)

Specific to the $11 portion, when I showed the CC post showing the $11 Max, I was told that was on sailings of 7 days or less. Not 10 days (this answer came from the service desk). Confusion, to say the least.
That's not confusion, that is pulling nonsense out of thin air just to shut you up and get rid of you. Shame on them. :mad:

That's not confusion, that is pulling nonsense out of thin air just to shut you up and get rid of you. Shame on them. :mad:

That's not true, actually. At that point in time it was truly $10 on that sailing. That was day 1. The $11 did not change until mid cruise.