New bar menu

GUEST080219

I absolutely will as soon as I am in European ports. Just checked Henry's pub and they have the same menu already posted.

I ordered a lot of poolside drinks from the old

Menu and got them. So that is no problem but I needed the help of gambees list for that. So other cruisers might be screwed.

Thank you so much. And I am going to print Gambee's old menus now so I have them.

I think I missed the press release on this, but the bottom of the menu seems to show that an 18% gratuity (rather than 15%) is now being charged. Raise the price AND raise the percentage tip?!? C'mon, man!

Thank you so much. And I am going to print Gambee's old menus now so I have them.

You do know that his info was outdated and incorrect even before this latest price increase, right? I wouldn't rely too heavily on them.

You do know that his info was outdated and incorrect even before this latest price increase, right? I wouldn't rely too heavily on them.

We are discussing using these to remember the old drinks that were once available, not for pricing.

I think I missed the press release on this, but the bottom of the menu seems to show that an 18% gratuity (rather than 15%) is now being charged. Raise the price AND raise the percentage tip?!?
Yup. There was no press release, just a discreet updating of the different mentions on the website and in other NCL documentation. This is still ongoing so you may still see 15% here and there before they quitely get around to changing it.

Only the UBP images were outdated after the previous UBP change, the actual drink menus have been pretty unchanged for ages already before Gambee's trip.

I wonder what happened to the drink of the day?

That's not on the main menu ever, as they are used all week long. It's usually in the Freestyle Daily - or ask your server. There may be pop-up specials on the bar, too.

Edited by Guindalf

Just looking at Facebook, where I have some friends who are also currently on the Spirit, and they don't seem to be having any difficulty getting the drinks they want. :)

No problems with the traditional ones here :) *hic*

Interestingly the daily shows ubp with the 18% grats. Yet on my hand written receipt (as we are still in port!) it says 15% lol.

Will try a few cocktails tonight..

That's not on the main menu ever, as they are used all week long.
All of the drinks of the day are available every day (just for the normal, higher price). At least that's how it used to be. Now I don't see any of the old drinks of the day on this new menu (Cherry Lime-Aid, Rebellious Fish, Painkiller, Pisco Punch, Blue Lagoon, Tequila Sunrise, Daydreamer's Daiquiri).

Now I'm sure everyone is correct that classic cocktails are still available, and probably also the NCL inventions that are no longer listed. But we don't know the prices, and that is slightly annoying if you have the UBP, and extremely annoying if you don't.

The $11 is before adding gratuity.

I can't seem to find anything in the current promos terms and conditions regarding a change from $10 to $11 for drinks in the UBP. When you click on the promo box on the NCL homepage and scroll to the bottom it has a link to the promos terms and conditions. They updated the gratuities from 15% to 18% and changed all the dates however it still states the drink max as $10. Am I missing something?

I have a hard time believing that this is the one and only permanent bar menu that will be used fleet wide. There are just too many specialty bars for that to be true. How does one sit down at a Mojito or Martini bar and have this be the only menu? I do understand you can still order whatever regardless of the printed menu, but having this be THE printed menu for such establishments just doesn't jibe. Surely they are just reworking, reprinting and repricing all the old menus. Right?!

Edited by Kenlorz

I can't seem to find anything in the current promos terms and conditions regarding a change from $10 to $11 for drinks in the UBP. When you click on the promo box on the NCL homepage and scroll to the bottom it has a link to the promos terms and conditions. They updated the gratuities from 15% to 18% and changed all the dates however it still states the drink max as $10. Am I missing something?

http://m.ncl.com/promo/ultimate-beverage-package/terms