Tipping @ Chef's Table

lisajm

We do tip. We (actually I, the wife taste are not so eclectic) have done 5 Chef's Tables on Carnival and one on Royal. Tips go directly to the wait staff that serves you.

I have tipped $15 bringing the total on the bill to $90, can't fathom what appropriate is........

Edited by jimbo5544

As indicated, tip is already included. No need to tip twice.

I have read on the description of the price that tip is included, I still tip an additional $10 PP.

Can you post a link that indicates that tip is included? Here is one document that shows the cost but doesn't indicate tip is included. I'm just curious to see any documentation on this as I never knew. I do usually tip an extra amount.

E8A141C7-62E3-4B63-BFA4-F15BCBD1D34F.png.jpeg

ETA - maybe this is noted on the final bill when attending the Chef's Table, similar to the steakhouse receipt??? I'll have to look at my previous cruise receipts.

Edited by Kobayashi

Im 99% sure that Tip was included. But I think we tipped an additional $20. I believe it shows on the 'bill' you get at the end of the meal. I think I have it at home in the bag of honeymoon souvenirs that someday I'll get around to scrapbooking....

The service we received was more than worth it.

Type in "Chefs table gratuity" in the little "search cruise critic" box at the top of the page.

FYI - that just shows discussion topics on Cruise Critic rather than a link to Carnival Document or other credible sources indicating tips were included in the $75 bill.

Steakhouse charge includes tip but doesnt say how much of a tip is included.

Suspect the same for chefs table. We are doing it for the first time in a few weeks and will tip or not based on the experience.

Stu- I hope you both have a wonderful dining experience at the Chef's Table. Please come back and let us know, won't you?

FYI - that just shows discussion topics on Cruise Critic rather than a link to Carnival Document or other credible sources indicating tips were included in the $75 bill.

I thought everything read on Cruise Critic was from a "reputable source". LOL

You're hearing from several folks who have actually eaten at the Chef's table on numerous occasions. I would consider that reputable. If you just have to see it on Carnival's web site then you should look there instead of here.

My DD worked her way through college in the restaurant industry, so I appreciate those that work very hard for tips. I truly wasn't worried if tips were included.

Excited about this fine dining experience and just wanted to know what others have done.:)

We do tip. We (actually I, the wife taste are not so eclectic) have done 5 Chef's Tables on Carnival and one on Royal. Tips go directly to the wait staff that serves you.

I have tipped $15 bringing the total on the bill to $90, can't fathom what appropriate is........

Ditto from me. I don't believe that the tip is included. We've done it 4 times on 4 different ships and this is the first time to ever hear someone say it's included.

Edited by LuckyZ

Ditto from me. I don't believe that the tip is included. We've done it 4 times on 4 different ships and this is the first time to ever hear someone say it's included.

Regardless of what is posted here, we will tip as well. I was told by a hotel manager that it all goes to the server(s) and was appreciated and customary.

I asked Carnival and was told that yes the tip is included but that you could tip more if you thought the meal was worth it.

tigercat

Of course it is at your discretion, but the tip is for service, not on the quality (I can't imagine anyone not enjoying) the meal or the experience.