Daylight Savings Time

pittypat

I am currently on CST and it is my understanding that Belize is as well. We will spring forward an hour this Sunday and I believe Belize does not. My question is if my ship sails from New Orleans on March 15, 2015 which is on CST, my excursion scheduled at 8AM Belize time would actually be 9AM ship time. Is this correct?

pittypat

I am currently on CST and it is my understanding that Belize is as well. We will spring forward an hour this Sunday and I believe Belize does not. My question is if my ship sails from New Orleans on March 15, 2015 which is on CST, my excursion scheduled at 8AM Belize time would actually be 9AM ship time. Is this correct?

pittypat

Good question and the answer may depend on which line you are on. I know that Carnival doesn't change ship time from departure port, NCL does but maybe not for every island.

BELIZE does NOT observe Daylight Savings Time. I am on the east coast. My current time is 12:25, Belize's current time is 10:25.

Changing ship time to port time does vary by cruise line with most but not all keeping ship time to original port of embarkation time.

The right time on a cruise is always ship's time! Ships clocks, ship's events newsletters, and ship announcement will always let you know what ship time is. DO NOT, repeat, DO NOT use your cell phone as a watch in port:eek:. Always bring a wrist watch (but not a SMART watch which will act like a SMART phone and auto change the time). EL Cheapo digitals from big box stores work perfectly fine. Not eye catching to potential thieves or if broken or lost, not out mega bucks.

• 2 weeks later...
Well I'm confused so is ship time the time of the port it leaves or the time at the port it goes to?

Depends on the cruise line. I believe NCL does change ship time to match port time, but your best bet is to just watch for your daily activities newsletter the night before and listen carefully to the announcements when the ship arrives in port and look at the ship clock nearest the departure hatch/gangway and don't use your phone or smart watch as a time piece in port.