First Time on the Constellation - advise

paulypride

Hi All -

It will be my first time sailing with Celebrity and will be on the Constellation on 3/30. I am taking my Mom for a quick get away!!

For those of you who have sailed on her before - what advice would you give me and in general about Celebrity?

Thanks a bunch!

Paul

Thallassotherapy pool- Find it, use it often. It's my favorite place on Connie.

Buffet goes all the way around. It's not necessarily the same on both sides (pizza station on one side, specialty foods on the other). At the back of the buffet they make fresh waffles in the morning, make-to-order sandwich station at lunch, and make-to-order steak or chicken in the evening. Also, be on the lookout for themed food, both lunch and desserts in the buffet.

Check out Cafe Al Bacio for morning pastries and yummy desserts throughout the day. They are free. Try something called a "Berliner" in the morning (but go early as they go fast).

Unless you need a gluten-free diet, avoid the gluten-free cookies. They taste like cardboard.

Persian Garden is very nice. We were in an Aqua cabin so it was free to use, but honestly no one ever even looked at our sea pass card to go in. BTW, if you are in an Aqua cabin, most definitely go to Blu for breakfast a few times. The made-to-order muesli is to die for.

Man, now you have me missing Connie.

Edited by WEGL81

If you like crepes, eat lunch at Bistro on 5. There is a $7 pp upcharge, but you can eat whatever you want there.

Celebrity has excellent main dining room food. We like eating at the 6pm seating, but you can eat at 8:30 or in select dining (whenever you want).

The buffet has an eggs benedict station on the starboard side toward the aft of the ship. It turns into a pizza station for lunch.

We like the hot tubs.

We just got off the Constellation last month and I must agree about the food in the main dining room. Our meals in there were fabulous. We are also 6 p.m. diners, so I don't know if that has an impact on how busy the servers are, etc.

Not sure if she's still on the ship, but every afternoon we enjoyed wandering up to the sunset bar, sip a cold glass of rose and listen to a talented young lady who sang and played guitar. Very relaxing and enjoyable. Probably my favourite time of day.

I must say, the live music in various venues all over the ship were the best we've ever enjoyed. The shows were great too, and hubs and I are not usually 'show' cruisers.

Not sure if she's still on the ship, but every afternoon we enjoyed wandering up to the sunset bar, sip a cold glass of rose and listen to a talented young lady who sang and played guitar. Very relaxing and enjoyable. Probably my favourite time of day.

Best place on the ship imo. I sailed last month and really liked the singer. Perfect music for the atmosphere. Too short a cruise...darn it. Wasn't enough time to try all the goodies mentioned above - like those made to order sandwiches, waffles and ice cream. But MDR was great.

Have fun....we loved it.

Our first cruise with Celebrity was on the Connie where we fell in love with the ship and X. Up next for us is the Equinox and I can only hope it's as good as the Connie. You will love the crew and as everyone else says the food in the MDR is as close to excellent as you can get. Have fun!

Hi All -

It will be my first time sailing with Celebrity and will be on the Constellation on 3/30. I am taking my Mom for a quick get away!!

For those of you who have sailed on her before - what advice would you give me and in general about Celebrity?

Thanks a bunch!

Paul

I can't attest to what it's like on the Constellation, as I haven't cruised on that ship yet, but it looks like we'll just be missing each other. I'll be on the cruise just before yours.

If you like crepes, eat lunch at Bistro on 5. There is a $7 pp upcharge, but you can eat whatever you want there.

Celebrity has excellent main dining room food. We like eating at the 6pm seating, but you can eat at 8:30 or in select dining (whenever you want).

The buffet has an eggs benedict station on the starboard side toward the aft of the ship. It turns into a pizza station for lunch.

We like the hot tubs.

I've been craving eggs Benedict since I booked our cruise. Thanks for letting us know where to get them. I'm going on the March 26 sailing, and this will be my first time on the Constellation as well.

We just got off the Constellation last month and I must agree about the food in the main dining room. Our meals in there were fabulous. We are also 6 p.m. diners, so I don't know if that has an impact on how busy the servers are, etc.

I must say, the live music in various venues all over the ship were the best we've ever enjoyed. The shows were great too, and hubs and I are not usually 'show' cruisers.

So happy to hear this. We cruise on the Constellation later this month. In reading the Cruise Critic Member Review section, the ship has been getting very dismal reviews.

So happy to hear this. We cruise on the Constellation later this month. In reading the Cruise Critic Member Review section, the ship has been getting very dismal reviews.

I used to get worried about negative reviews. I almost cancelled our first cruise on Connie for that very reason. And it was that first cruise on Connie that convinced me to take the reviews that are published in the review section with a grain of salt. If someone publishes a review in this section where questions can be asked and answered, it's much more helpful and constructive. Otherwise, there are just a lot of negative people with axes to grind and those are the ones most likely to write a review.

Hi All -

Take one of the free orientation tours offered on the ship the first day.

You should receive a copy of "Celebrity Today" when you board the ship that tells when and where to meet for the tour, or just ask.

You could wander around the ship to find everything on your own instead, but it is so much easier having a guide right there with you to answer all your questions as you go along.

In addition to the general ship tours, they also offer tours of the spa area.

Look at the chart on the back of your cabin door to locate your muster station.

When they announce the muster drill (which is usually held within the hour before the ship is scheduled to sail), try to get there about 10 minutes before it is actually scheduled to start if you want a seat. Some of the muster drill areas fill up, so latecomers need to stand.

Do not bring lifejackets to the muster drill.

Make sure that one of the attendants at the entrance to your muster area checks you off on the list. Otherwise, they will not know that you were there and you may be asked to attend a makeup session the next day.

Edited by varoo

Go to YouTube and do a search for Celebrity Constellation, Summit and or any other M class ship, they are basically the same. Could also look at other Celebrity ships just for future reference and comparison.

You will find a lot of nice videos with a lot of info. They will keep you occupied for hours. There are also videos of the martini pours, entertainment and just about anything younger think of.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞