PREVIEW to "LIVE" from Quantum of the Seas April 12th!

Note that this is not the actual live review but a preview.

Hello friends! In just 5 weeks I will be sailing on Quantum of the Seas and here is a preview of my next LIVE to start on April 9th! I'm long overdue for a cruise and a live review since my last one took place nearly a year ago aboard Allure of the Seas! This thread will be a preview and a look into my next live as I am getting very excited about once again hitting the sea for a 12 night adventure!

My first ever LIVE from a cruise longer than a week!

There will be some changes made to this live which will be explained as we go along. Why I am starting the preview so early? Because:

1. I'm excited!

2. This will hopefully help avoid having to give a long drawn out explanation of things on the actual "live" thread

3. This will also give all of you the opportunity to let me know anything you would like to specifically see on board and during the course of this cruise

This sailing will take on a special meaning to me as this will be Quantum's second to last second before she heads for China. This will be my only chance to experience the first ship in the Quantum Class lineup.

This will be not only a review but also a preview of sorts of the next ship, Anthem, as I imagine they will be pretty similar. This will also be a review of 3 new ports for me: Martinique, Barbados, and St. Kitts and also a chance for everyone to travel along with my friends and I, people from the MONSTER of a roll call we had, which is now on PART 5!

I booked this cruise the first day bookings started which is was on May 28th, 2013 and started the roll call for it 2 weeks before we were even able to book!

In this thread I will preview the camera equipment I will be using, my dining and entertainment schedule, and any other things I can think of before I sail away on Quantum!

So join me for the fun, and let me know any questions or things you would like to see on this cruise. Stay tuned for more info on this preview to LIVE from Quantum of the Seas!

In just 5 weeks, the adventure begins....

Exterior_zpszg0jrbpy.jpg

I think one of the easiest things to cover right off the bat will be the camera equipment. A big thanks goes out to Gambee for his love of cameras and expert opinion in this field. I am excited to once again be using Sony equipment for this cruise. First off will be:

pSNYNA-ILCE6000LB_main_v500_zpsjm669cjp.png

The Sony a6000. I am very impressed with how quick the focus is on this camera and it has turned out some excellent photos. I might show a couple here just to give everyone an idea of the quality

Second off will be my newest addition:

pSNYNA-DSCRX100M3B_main_v500_zpsouhfw2lf.png

The Sony RX100 mark 3 or also known as the point and shoot monster. Lots of people and reviewers have raved about this camera so I am eager to try and out.

And finally what may be my go to camera on embarkation day:

download_zpsqehjflap.png

My Samsung Galaxy Note 4 smartphone which turns out some pretty good photos and makes posting to the thread via Tapatalk quick and easy :)

Edited by Bugsy4271

Note that this is not the actual live review but a preview.

Hello friends! In just 5 weeks I will be sailing on Quantum of the Seas and here is a preview of my next LIVE to start on April 9th! I'm long overdue for a cruise and a live review since my last one took place nearly a year ago aboard Allure of the Seas! This thread will be a preview and a look into my next live as I am getting very excited about once again hitting the sea for a 12 night adventure!

My first ever LIVE from a cruise longer than a week!

There will be some changes made to this live which will be explained as we go along. Why I am starting the preview so early? Because:

1. I'm excited!

2. This will hopefully help avoid having to give a long drawn out explanation of things on the actual "live" thread

3. This will also give all of you the opportunity to let me know anything you would like to specifically see on board and during the course of this cruise

This sailing will take on a special meaning to me as this will be Quantum's second to last second before she heads for China. This will be my only chance to experience the first ship in the Quantum Class lineup.

This will be not only a review but also a preview of sorts of the next ship, Anthem, as I imagine they will be pretty similar. This will also be a review of 3 new ports for me: Martinique, Barbados, and St. Kitts and also a chance for everyone to travel along with my friends and I, people from the MONSTER of a roll call we had, which is now on PART 5!

I booked this cruise the first day bookings started which is was on May 28th, 2013 and started the roll call for it 2 weeks before we were even able to book!

In this thread I will preview the camera equipment I will be using, my dining and entertainment schedule, and any other things I can think of before I sail away on Quantum!

So join me for the fun, and let me know any questions or things you would like to see on this cruise. Stay tuned for more info on this preview to LIVE from Quantum of the Seas!

In just 5 weeks, the adventure begins....

Exterior_zpszg0jrbpy.jpg

I will be following you as an avid fan, Chris! Looking forward with anticipation of a great "live from!"

DINING SCHEDULE. ANY DAY NOT LISTED MEANS NOTHING BOOKED FOR THAT DAY :)

Day one(Departure from Cape Liberty): Jamie's Italian at 7:30

Day three(sea day) The Grande at 7:45

Day four(Labadee): American Icon at 8

Day six(St. Maarten): Chops at 7:30

Day eight(Barbados): Coastal Kitchen at 8. I was one of the lucky ones chosen to book dining early so I was able to book this one :)

Day nine(St. Kitts): Michael's Genuine Pub at 8

Day ten(sea day): Silk at 8

Day twelve(sea day): Silk at 7:30

Hi Chris, I will be subscribing but I'll be on board with you too. :D Cannot believe that we will be on board in 5 weeks, woo hoo! Now we just need this snow to all melt and Spring to be sprung.

Friends I will have more details up later about the upcoming live. Right now it's time for dinner ;)

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Now that you have us all hooked, I hope you are taking pictures of tonight's dinner for us. :D

Edited by Yorkvillain

Welcome back, Chris. It seems like forever since you originally posted that you had booked this sailing and it's finally almost here! 12 nights aboard should give you a chance to experience at least most of what this class of ships is offering. Also, can't wait to see what that new Sony point-n-shoot can do.:)

I'll be following. Thanks so much for doing all of this for your fellow CC'rs.