U.S. tourists arrested for carving initials into Colosseum

Turtles06

Selfish, selfish twits. What is it about a few people that, for the sake of a momentary gratification, damage something that is never their own?! Just like graffiti vandals everywhere, we are all left with the ugliness of their actions.

If we can't "throw them to the lions," then how about making them clean some sidewalks or clear up areas around the Coliseum of garbage?!

Some Americans that I have met during my career are very self centered, shallow.

I am working in Bangkok and I had guests asking me where the bunkers of the Vietcong are around Bangkok.

They said Thailand, Vietnam, who cares, they are all dark skin and almond eyes all the same stuff. :confused:

Some still think Germany is still devided in 2 separate countries

They think the world has to rotate around them and the earth is flat :p

Gee I wonder if my initials are still inside king tuts tomb circa late 70's?

Btw..... Everyone was doing it and no I don't condone it... But it was what it was and nothing can change that

However..... In this day and age with all the atrocities in the world aimed at Americans.....while I may not like what 2 young Americans did.....there is no way I would say they deserve prison etc.....if they were in certain middle eastern countries would you really say young American females should go to prison? I hope not as sometimes there is no need for political correctness

And fwiw the colesieum is my favorite place in the world and I am inexplicably drawn to it (5 times) so I certainly cherish it......but to say jail time? Nope

And please stop with the mommy and daddy deep pockets stuff..... Many young adult college students are totally self supporting..... I raised a few

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Gee you're proud that you were an immature person who vandalized ancient treasures?

• 2 weeks later...

So disrespectful, and that's being nice!!! I hope their names get plastered all over the media and they have some sort of consequences. Without consequences, what would stop them from doing this again somewhere else? You would think embarrassment would get to them......